by in Food Network Star, July 16, 2010
by Debra Puchalla in Behind the Scenes, Food Network Star, June 4, 2010
- Will this episode bring out a new side of Brad?
Things are heating up, folks. Just seven finalists left. Not long to go before one of them has a new show premiering on Food Network. So why’s our usually-too-serious boy next door Brad playing dress-up with a pink boa?
It promises to be a fun episode. Tune in on Sunday at 9 pm/8c and head to our virtual Star Lounge to chat live with us during the show. Our favorite Kid in a Candy Store, Star veteran Adam Gertler, will be back by popular demand.
After the show, head over to Cooking Channel to join in on the first official Next Food Network Star: After Party at 11pm/10c. Rehash all the details with Adam, Cooking for Real’s Sunny Anderson and Season 4 finalist Kelsey Nixon. They'll chat with finalists and judges and get you the juicy inside dish on all things Star.
- The Next Food Network Star, Season 6, Two-Hour Premiere Airs This Sunday Night at 9 pm ET
Check the Countdown Clock: There are only a couple days before the kickoff to The Next Food Network Star. In case you missed our all-out check-this-season-out fervor in the lead-up to premiere night, here’s a cheat sheet to catch you up.
- Bob, Susie and Bobby are back, making up the Selection Committee, prompting nervous laughs and shaky camera smiles among aspiring Stars everywhere. Each week you’ll find news from them here—last year Bob’s posts got more than 20,000 comments--I can only imagine how much you’ll have to say with this trio at your disposal. Guess which of them heats things up early by telling the finalists: "If you guys can't cook, you'll be gone, no doubt about it"? (A matter of seconds into this clip and you'll get the answer.)
- Shooting for this season was in Los Angeles, not New York; we Chelsea Market fans are a wee bit wistful but like the cool-kid approach to cooking West Coasties seem to have. Laid-back vibes, however, do not mean the stress level in the kitchens will be any lower.
- This year’s secret ingredient: Giada’s in the mix. But you’ll have to watch to see what she’s up to. Ok, so I’m teasing. Shamelessly. Read on...