You know those moments on TV that make you wince and curl up into a ball as you watch the action unfold through your fingers over your eyes? That happened not once but twice during this week's episode of Food Network Star. The stakes were high as finalists cooked for VIP hotel guests Jesse Tyler Ferguson, of Modern Family fame, and YouTube's Hannah Hart, and not everyone handled their nerves well.
As Monterey put the finishing touches on her sea bass dish during her tableside presentation, Bobby asked for details of the plate, to which Monterey simply replied, "Be patient." That's the retort to end all retorts, right? It was as uncomfortable as it sounds.
And not long after, Monterey was back in the spotlight, this time helping Ana with her dishes — and gaining an unfortunate nickname in the process. "Nut girl! Are you burning my nuts?" Ana questioned Monterey. Even the mentors couldn't help but laugh. And with Ana's obvious nervous energy added to the mix, the situation turned awkward — quickly.
Click the play button on the video above to watch both moments unfold.
- One-on-One with the Latest Finalist to Go Home
- Watch Star Salvation
- Alex's New Star Report
- Top Moments of Episode 4
- Go Behind the Scenes
Tune in to Food Network Star on Sundays at 9|8c.
- One-on-One with the Latest Food Network Star Finalist Eliminated from the Competition
- Star Report: Who Flunked Midterms and Who’s in Good Shape for the Second Half
- One-on-One with the Latest Food Network Star Finalist to Go Home
- Star Recap: There’s a Lot to Love (and Hate) About Live Television