Caption It: Cha-Ching

by in Food Network Star, July 18, 2014

Food Network Star, Season 10Last week Food Network Star finalists embraced one of the most-faced aspects of Las Vegas — an over-the-top party scene — as they hosted a poolside bash for hotel visitors, and this Sunday they'll indulge in the city's opulent food offerings when they experience one-of-a-kind meals. But to win big in Sin City's culinary scene, competitors will need more than just a bit of good fortune, as luck can change there as quickly as the spin of a roulette wheel.

Check out the sneak-peek photo above from Sunday's all-new episode. Looking elated, Nicole seems to have landed the jackpot as she stands next to her fellow rivals. Do you think she's cashing in on an advantage, or has a top performance warranted her hearty smile? How will Nicole and the other contestants fare in the face of Las Vegas' fancy food?

Before you tune in on Sunday at 9|8c to find out what's going on here, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Tune in to a brand-new episode of Food Network Star on Sunday, July 20 at 9|8c.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Sue says:

Alton cracks me up. His comment about Lenny and maybe it's about time he rides off into the sunset on whatever he rides was hilarious.

2. kathybrn says:

I just so glad that Lenny is safe. I really want him to win. I am glad to see Emma go. her voice is so annoying and like the panel said, she picked her team and theme and it failed.

• Jelaza says:

I'm not so sure anymore that I would watch Lenny. Just like in the commercial challenge, his presentation was poor without a crowd to present to. I still have hope based on his performance during Week 2, but he's fallen below Luca and Nicole on my list. (Nicole this week was confusing, but still better than all 3 of Emma's team.)

• Monte says:

I don't know if I'd classify Emma's voice as "annoying". She is, however, soft-spoken.

Rachael Ray has a somewhat "raspy" voice (albeit that is probably due to a surgery she had), and I don't see anyone talking about her voice being annoying.

• Just Sayin says:

The Food Network loves the raspy voice thing. Thats why Guy and Rachel have neverending contracts with them. Oh and..sorry about Rachels surgery but yeah it sounds annoying--like a neverending sore throat from a cold. However none of us picked our voices so we use what we got. But I too found Emmas voice & personality most charming.

I'm just sayin.

3. Monte says:

Here's my honest take on the "fan vote" thing:

1. I honestly think FN is manipulating the votes somehow, behind the scenes. I've felt that way the past few seasons. Maybe they just have a bunch of interns just sitting there going click, click, click for certain ones.

2. If Luca makes it to the finale, he wins in a landslide. I base that primarily on two things:
    A. The vitriol I see on here toward Loreal, Lenny, and Sarah.
    B. The number of those swooning over Luca is far higher (in my opinion) than those supporting Nicole.

3. The FN can essentially manipulate the fan vote to say whatever they want, anyway. Unless they utilize a certified 3rd party (note how they never say that the vote count has been certified). I work as a computer programmer, and have for a while, and I've dealt with databases also. It's fairly easy to manipulate results.

4. Linda says:

I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER watch Lenny! He is obnoxious! Can't stand Sarah. Why is she on all the time stating her views and opinions. I would never watch her either AND I do watch FN all the time. I could have "Chopped" most of them the first week. Luca is alright - I really liked Emma (classy gal) - I DO like Nichole (classy gal) and I would watch her - would maybe watch the "butcher gal" . She has a curious charm about her.

5. Cate Weeder says:

I, too, watch FN - A LOT! I agree with the comments about Sarah, she is hardly a team player and is already acting like a diva - send her home! Lenny is okay, a bit shticky; Loreal is the real deal, I think; Luca? sigh... I think that just might be a fake - what was the comment a few shows back when the other contestants questioned his speaking and he said 'it was all Rosetta Stone"... is it real or not?

6. soloru says:

Sorry, Love this show... I learn things.. but have to be honest. I can't watch again until Sarah is gone.. what are you thinking. Keeping her on for the people you love to hate and implode. Like the year you had Penny on????
    Peace out until she is gone. I've never seen anyone less show less compassion or support for the other chefs in the post interviews or comments.

• chef anne watcher says:

I loved to *intensely dislike* Penny...She got her comeuppance on an episode of CutThroat Kitchen (when her blender blew up the contents, all over her)! The other contestants on that show knew she was a Snark Queen, and they were thrilled when she imploded. I was filled with glee. ;>)

7. Pegg says:

I am shocked at the elimination of Emma. I thought for sure Loreal would go home. I like the judges, I find their comments interesting, but I don't understand their choices as to who should be eliminated sometimes. I'm still bummed about Brad Sorenson getting eliminated back in Season 6. I actually screamed at the television on that one.

8. If the reputations of the network's cast isn't of concern- in the open, I hate to think of what is acceptable - in private.