Guess Who’s Back: Luca

by in Videos, July 16, 2014

Luca Della CasaAfter ousting six hopefuls (including two fan favorites) in Star Salvation, Luca proved himself worthy of a second chance. He entered back into the competition as the remaining finalists traveled to Las Vegas, and he even took one of the top two spots for the episode.

Relive Luca's journey by clicking the play button below.

Only One Will Receive Salvation — Watch Now

Reuben's the sixth and final eliminated hopeful to attempt redemption on Star Salvation — but he's got to go through Chad and Luca first. After bein...

1. Brenda says:

Excited to see him back? Looks like he can cook. Appears to be doing a good job on his return. But not so much in the personality dept. He's easy on the eyes. His smile is good but he talks a little slow for me and doesn't seem to show much enthusiasm or humor. Lacking that, it's hard to see how Tuschman would say he has star power. Hard to listen to. It's like it takes him too long to say everything.

2. CommonSense says:

Probably realizing his accent is kinda thick, so I think he talks slowly enunciating each word so that he will be better understood.

Tuschman will eventually co-sign where ever Susie Fogelson tells him.

3. Luca's Back! says:

Excited and thrilled to have Luca back. He was eliminated because he didn't look into the cameras, but admitted he had never been on tv. He was great in even his first star salvation. He knows food and is an excellent cook. I think he speaks slowly in order to be understood. I would love to watch his show and learn about dishes from the various Italian provences.

• Carmen says:

He may be doing it to be understood but by the time he gets there, I've caught up on some of my bucket-list reading, if I haven't fallen asleep trying to listen.

4. lcsa99 says:

I thought it was a mistake that they eliminated so early in the first place, and seeing him in action on the last episode just proved it. He did a great job and I can't wait to see how far he can go. Welcome back, Luca!

• MoHub says:

I saw his elimination as poorly reasoned. Others did worse, and camera skills can be learned. My inner conspiracy theorist thinks he was recognized as a contender, and he was sent to Salvation to create a redemption story and a possible ultimate win.

• shannon says:

MoHub,with the rest of the contestants being less than sensational this theory is what keeps me being an avid watcher. I am dying to see if the theory pans out.

• Penny says:

If the whole thing turns out to be some kind of engineered win would you bother coming back for a season 11?

• shannon says:

Penny, Honestly? Sure I will. I do year after year. My opinion is that every year the network knows who they want to win. They have a niche they want to fill. I remember this is a reality show, designed to entertain viewers and spike ratings, meanwhile they are creating a familiarity of the newest cooking show host. It's a win win for the network. It does not anger me that they do this, I enjoy FNS immensely. I don't always think they make the right call in who they give the opportunity for a 6 show run, but if I wanted more control over that I would apply to be a producer for the network. Don't let my opinion of this show works sour your views toward it. I just wanted to explain how I like to play the game within the game of FNS.

• Penny says:

Why would they want an Italian niche this year? Some feel that Luca was put on star salvation to come back and win.

• shannon says:

The network does not have a true Italian chef anymore. Mario Bataldi was a true Italian Chef, who is no longer truly affiliated with the network. Giada cooks Italian, but is more of a modern/California twist. Luca in addition to being Italian is male, also a niche.
            I think I would trust Lucas recipes, he gives me the impression of being an authority on Italian cuisine.
            Time will tell but unless Luca makes some major mistakes I think he is going to be hard to beat.

• Robert says:

Shannon - I'm all with you on what you said right now about Luca and here's why - Lenny was one of the most successful finalists UP TO THIS POINT on tonight's episode in Las Vegas. He may wind up being neck and neck with Luca. But LUCA is going to score it BIG in New York City, because Italian cuisine is one of its fortes and yet there's plenty of room for what HE represents. Lidia Bastianich already has made her mark there and could be a great mentor or collaborator for him.

• Michaelene says:

Amen! And...let's go to the idea of the many regions of Italy, and how the cooking varies and why. Nice little travelogue would be icing on the cake!!!!!

5. Janet says:

I guess if he won I'd be watching an attractive man cook. That part is good but he doesn't really keep holding my attention. Same problem with Emma. Nice person but no real pizzazz and I can't get into roots and veggies. She reminds me of a granola girl or meat on the side with Nikki Dinki. I also don't want an in your face over the top finalist. That eliminates Lenny. So remove Luca, Emma and Lenny. Now we're getting somewhere. The rest have better personalities.

• Michaelene says:

How does Ina hold your attention??? Oh, yes...she can cook. Her home and locale are gorgeous. But.....personality , is minus 10. She's fine as a sleeping pill!!!!

6. Janet says:

Luca is easy on the eyes and appears to cook well but listening to him doesn't keep me interested so much. Emma is likewise nice but same problem. All of her veggies remind me of Nikki Dinki from last season. Lenny is too wild, though. I would remove Luca, Emma and Lenny. Then we're getting somewhere.

7. Katherine says:

I am very happy he is back. He does a better job describing food (even with an accent) compared to the other contestants who were born and raised in the United States.

8. Margie says:

I'm not at all loving any of this year's contestants with the exception of Luca. He is the only one I think has star quality. I am really turned off by the cowboy. He's too over the top and i would not watch him!

9. Lily says:

Love love Lucas...Lenny -joke and please put your clothes on...after Frankenstein lost my appetite...and now he wants to do a belly flop...sorry repulsive...if he doesn't. Get that exposing himself grossly to the audience will not wet anyone's appetite...he is a gimmick...not enough substance for staying power..Chris gone...bad sport big mouth good gone...Butcher babe could not watch her on a consistent basis...overbearing...and disingenuous...same with Emma..that voice..sorry..nails on a chalkboard..and I don't find detailed her likeable and watching her is painful...ditto for Lenny....Sarah..ok but get your POV down and her self talk on screen can be whiny

• Aunt Pinkie says:

How or when was Loreal overbearing? I agree, Emma's voice bugs me. Not sure about Luca. Maybe opposite of Emma. She needs to cook better. Luca cooks but needs to loosen up. Sarah could be good but needs to worry about her own dishes and not how everyone else is doing.

10. Linda says:

Love Luca. He would make a great show. Would watch him like we watch Guy. The cowboy is a turn off. He loves himself.

• Heather says:

Interesting that you do like Guy but not Lenny. Both are too loud.

• Buffy says:

Guy has swagger and Lenny does not have swagger.
        I have seen policemen who ride horses with more swagger than Lenny.

• Buffy says:

Guy is loud. I have turned to another program many times because I can't take the screaming in my ear. He has a likeable presence. I am sure he has worked on how he is viewed by the audience. I am not one of his followers, but I can respect him.
        There is something in Lenny's personality that is turning me off. I see something more than the presentation and I am not a fan. Out of respect, I keep those thoughts to myself, and only comment on what is being presented.

• Jelaza says:

Strangely enough, I like Lenny but not Guy. Although, I didn't like Lenny all that much for the first few episodes; he grew on me.

• Michaelene says:

Also dislike The Guy Fieri network!!! Always there at any time, day or night. What he does and where he goes...great ad for a more healthful, and not one of pure GLOTTONLY!!!! Just UGH!!!!!