Can Christopher Oust Chad or Luca? — Watch Star Salvation

by in Videos, July 2, 2014

"I wish I didn't hear the judges say I had the best dish. I knew I was going to be in the bottom. I didn't handle the timing of my demos as well as I should have; looking back, I could have done better," Christopher said in his exit interview. But what he didn't know at that moment was that he was going to receive another chance at the competition in Star Salvation.

In his first attempt at Salvation, Christopher's realistic about his chances at success, given his past struggles. "I'm hoping I get to cook again, because it's the only thing I seem to do well," he says. In Episode 5 of Star Salvation, he joins Chad and Luca, who seem to be leading the competition. Will Christopher be able to change that track record?

Watch Christopher battle for a chance at redemption on Star Salvation. Click the play button on the video above to see the first part of Episode 1, then head over to Star headquarters to catch the second part.

Behind the Scenes Star Salvation Photos

Guess Who’s Back: Luca

After ousting six hopefuls (including two fan favorites) in Star Salvation, Luca proved himself worthy of a second chance. He entered back into the co...

1. Norm says:

It's so weird. When a cook is in FN Star, people write online that they like them because they have personality. So much so that the the poor dish they survived with is nearly appalling. An embarrassment.

Then, as soon as someone goes to star salvation, suddenly everybody pipes up about how good of a cook the same person supposedly is. Go figure.

2. Pepper says:

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF:
    Luca returns. ?

It doesn't really mean he's better than all others, only that he survived star salvation. The main group he may rejoin has all survived, too. What if you were happy to see Luca again and then--

He loses, the week after. Gone.
    NOW what? Who would you want then? Why?

• guest says:

The question is not whoever I want. It's who is doing best. At cooking and presentation. Not who's my best bud.

3. katie says:

Chris K or Rueben could suddenly take off and have an exceptional night. That would *not* put them way out front, though. If that happens they would not be front runners. They would still need to catch up to others. However, watch to see if Giada or Alton say it's Awesome, acting like as long as it's entertaining they'll let everything else slide.

4. James says:

Does anyone know? Will Chef Damaris Phillips get a 3rd season of Southern At Heart? I get lots of useful tips from her and her food always looks so good.

5. Debbie Z says:

I really hope Chad gets to go back and compete in The next Food Network Star. He has really improved since the season he has competed and I think he's much better than all the contestants on this season.

6. steve says:

I'm curious how/why they picked Chad from a past season. He seems pretty good but not on the same level with some of the others - Ippy or Michelle from 2 seasons ago, or Nikki from last year.

7. Michaelene says:

Anyone know what the ratings for the food network are these days?

I also REALLY DISLIKE Fieri!! Ditto Fake-sweet-Giada.
    Flay is fun to watch cook. Ina is a sleeping pill. Where are Sandra Lee, Mario, Emeril....Kicked to the curb. Mario and Emeril are on Food Channel. How many episodes of Chopped can we tolerate????? Alton's past show was too much just a lesson in metric measurements! And how to do EVERYTHING the most difficult of ways!! UGH!
    Robert Irvine saving restaraunts is fun.
    BUT: This Food network has lost ITS POV!!!!!
    Brash and loud Loreal is NOT gonna take the place of Paula Deen.. That trumped up charge was BS. I miss her. In comparison, she had class...Loreal...UGH!!!!!

So tired of The Guy Fieri network!!!!

Hey, Susie and Bob...pay attention to the viewers and EX-viewers!

8. laura broyles says:

I think Food Network would be crazy to eliminate Luca. I would watch him just to watch him!!!

• Drooling says:

What if male viewers said they'd watch one of the ladies just to watch her because she's so dang HOT?