Caption It: Look Over There

by in Food Network Star, June 27, 2014

Food Network Star, Season 10For the first time on Sunday, Food Network Star finalists will trade the camera screen for the stage as they get set to perform in live culinary demonstrations. The hopefuls are now five weeks into the contest, and while some are finally finding their footing with an audience, many are still struggling to command a meaningful presence, as they're running out of time during presentations and stumbling over their words. Because there's no time to hesitate and no opportunities for second takes when it comes to live performances, their first attempts will have to be their best if they want to wow the mentors.

Check out the sneak-peek photo above from Sunday's all-new episode. As Lenny works his way through his demonstration, he's seemingly caught up in something happening just over in the distance. What do you think could have grabbed his attention? Is this act somehow part of his performance, or has something gone wrong and he's forced to stop midexplanation?

Before you tune in on Sunday at 9|8c to find out what's going on here, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Don't miss Food Network Star on Sunday at 9|8c.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. MoHub says:

Ha! Madest thou look!

2. Simone says:

OK, for all of you who think Lenny is overdoing the whole cowboy thing - look at the picture. Other than his big belt buckle, I see nothing fake about this shirt, I like the necktie, jeans are believable.

For those who say he's this year's Rodney, that's nowhere even close. Lenny is a far better cook and is much more well-spoken. He may need to tone things down a bit for the long haul but I would have no hesitation in letting him cook for me. Lenny has also outcooked Luca and is more entertaining.

• Chef Lenny says:

Your very kind in your words Simone....thank you. Check it out, I agree with you. Sometimes I DO need to tone things down a bit...this has been the story my whole life. Man, oh Man...I tend to jump right into things with both feet. But heck, I guess it's easier to take things away than gather them up.

Anywho...I want to play the caption game. "If you look right over there...you'll see my sanity laughing at me."

• Joel says:

Thanks Chef Lenny for the laugh you just gave me. Keep being who you are.

• Dinner For One says:

Chef Lenny I think it's great to see you replying on here. I also like the fact that you can admit that you're not perfect that you're sometimes over the top. I enjoy watching you on the show. I know for a fact redneck boys can cook and so far you have been maintaining that reputation. Keep up the good work.

• Jen says:

Well Said! I have no idea how Lenny is 2nd in the current Fan Poll. Get out there & vote people! Lenny needs our support. He is the definite winner in my book, and I'll probably never watch another contest on Food Network if he doesn't come out on top.

3. the Owl says:

While a live culinary demonstration is a very good test it will be important to remember it is only ONE challenge. DO NOT act like it's all over and crown the winner after this next challenge. Winner's may blow it, later. Others may improve. It's a good test but we are only halfway along.

4. Guess says:

This one goes out to my homies in the back row!

5. Chris says:

Lenny is the real deal. Here is my caption.Look up in the sky.....its a bird ......it a plane.....it's Alton Brown in a tree?

6. Denise L. says:

Lookie yonder y'all----------that's dinner flying by!

7. psy chic says:

Predictions:
    The crowd like Lenny.
    Loreal does much better.
    Emma does worse.
    Chris K. will either have the crowd loving him or will be going home. No in-between.

8. Observer says:

Some other predictions:
    Sheri Scott will continue what appears in my opinion to be nearly a personal mission to spread or post more negativity about Sarah. She's entitled to her feelings. But she keeps posting them over and over. She just can't seem to help herself.
    "Guest" will "just happen" to be one of the first two or three to post in either Justin's or Alton's thread and won't have good things to say about Sarah.
    Samantha will read guests negative comments and post that she agrees with them. None of them have to like anyone but the postings and repetition can look like people have a strong agenda. Are they faulting the cooking or presentation or is it just accusations and labeling? None of this may come true. They are only predictions. But they would fit with what has already happened.
    Justin, who as a former winner should remain unbiased, will likely inject his own unfavorable opinions into things. Didn't he once say that watching popcorn pop was better than watching Nicole cook? Not good. You don't see Maria Russo or Sarah de Heer doing that. To me, they are more professional. It will intruiging to see if these patterns repeat themselves.

9. Brenda says:

That there Buffalo is gonna be part of y'all's dinner.

10. Mary says:

Heaven help us! What really bad comedy..... forget the cooking. Let's go watch the star Salvation instead!