Caption It: Smiley Side-Eye

by in Food Network Star, June 20, 2014

Food Network Star, Season 10Food Network Star is all about the finalists' abilities to put their best faces forward, both on camera and in the kitchen. But sometimes, perhaps on account of competition stress, contestant rivalries or simple daydreaming, hopefuls may let down their guards just long enough to show glimmers of their true personalities when off set and relaxed.

In the above sneak-peek photo from Sunday's all-new episode, Emma is seen giving serious side-eye with a nervous-looking smile, while nearby finalists watch what's going down in front of them. Has something offstage caught Emma's eye, or is she trying to enliven the group with a silly expression? What could her face be telling, and do you think other contestants will join her in amusement?

Before you tune in to the next episode this Sunday at 9|8c to find out what's going on here, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Don't miss Food Network Star on Sunday at 9|8c.

Caption It: Final Feedback

This Sunday marks the 10th week of competition on Food Network Star, and after nearly three months of tests involving timed cooking, camera engagement...

1. Crouton40 says:

My guess: They're all watching or probably listening to judges comments. Something was just said about Loreal. But what? Is Emma thinking 1. Eww, *that* wasn't very good....or,....2. Way to go! This was your big night.
    Hard to tell. Loreal doesn't look worried. Fun to speculate. Another reason to tune-in & see what happens. :)

2. guest says:

The latest FNS commercials mention that the contestants will be making "viral videos", so I'm thinking that they are all watching the video made by Loreal's team. Since Loreal is smiling and Chris looks amused, I'll guess that Emma is reacting to Loreal's role in the video, which is probably funny and a little over-the-top, like Loreal (Emma is probably also thinking that she could never do whatever it was that Loreal did in the video!).

3. guest says:

Sorry about that Chris. It's those beans I had last night.

4. Rhea says:

Emma is thinking what I am thinking...Rueben has GOT to trim or shave his beard...or at least wear a cover over it. I would never eat anything that he cooks. Lenny should wear a cover, too.There is a good reason that famous chefs are clean shaven. Don't touch your face or hair while on camera, ladies and gentlemen!!!

5. rcarolyn says:

I like Emma. She just seems to be someone I'd "trust" in my kitchen to prepare a meal for my family and me. At the risk of stepping on anyone's toes .... appearance DOES matter as much as genuineness!

• Brenda says:

You're right. Appearance matters. No nose rings or any more Guy Fieri hairstyles.

• Buffy says:

I watched an episode of DDD and he had something going on in which he looked like Colonel Sanders (KFC ICON). LOL

6. joyce says:

What a waste of time for talent determination. I am so disappointed in this.....

7. Sharon says:

The most STUPID Food Network Star episode I've ever seen. Someone is going to eliminated on this? Stupid!!!! I want to see people cook.

8. Kit says:

Asinine episode and the three stars need to get a grip. They're not "all that." I can't believe domaine actually went home based on that stupidity.

9. rcarolyn says:

The first video (Reeces) was absolutely fabulous. It made sense while being really funny. The other two ... not so much although they did incorporate another food .... pure CORN!

10. Mike says:

Reality TV has really gotten out of hand. Overboard.