Caption It: Taste Tester

by in Community, July 19, 2013

Alton BrownFrom private chefs and culinary instructors to restaurant owners, underground chefs and James Beard Award semifinalists, this year's cast of Star finalists boasts a long and impressive kitchen resume. They're keenly aware of what it takes to turn out balanced and full-flavored dishes, but thanks to the pressure of cooking on camera and against the clock — for a panel of esteemed food stars, no less — some of the rivals' offerings have proven disappointing, some even inedible. While the Selection Committee has demanded culinary excellence from day one of the competition, now nearly two months into the contest, the judges are finally starting to see consistently stellar plates.

In the sneak-peek photo above from Sunday's all-new episode, it looks as if Alton's come across a dish he especially likes. No need for utensils or a tasting table here: He's gone hands first into a pot of one finalist's offering, picking at it while looking over his shoulder with a serious side-eye. What kind of food do you think is waiting for Alton in that pan, and who do you think made this sample-worthy meal?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Click the play button on the video below to get an insider's look at what's to come on Sunday.

New This Season: Food Network Star Sound-Off

For the first time on Food Network, fans have the chance to voice their opinions in real time with Star Sound-Off. How It Works 1. Every Sunday while ...

1. Lori says:

Sabotage!!

2. Crouton40 says:

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.....4 more hours to go.
    Who's Hot? Who's not? What will they make? How will they sound?
    Don't you wish you could be at a viewing party with your favorite cook?

3. djrealfood says:

I am so sick of all the competition shows. To me the food network was a network of cooking shows not dog eat dog crap. What happened to all the other "Food Network Stars" . The only one I saw today (Sunday July 21, 2013) was the Sandwich King. Where are the rest! What good are all the stupid shows that are on now! Please go back to cooking where you belong.
    thanks

4. FiddleFaddle says:

Alton moaned, "I hope nobody heard my fart."

5. PapaJay says:

He's thinking, " As long as no one is looking, I'll stuff this in my pocket for a snack later...or I can throw it at Rodney's head if he starts singing again!"

6. animal lover says:

Alton: Hmmmmm.... This could use a pinch more salt.

7. susan says:

The foodnet work star show is so boring. You need new judges and the contestants are awful ccoks with no talent. They don't bring any personality into there food. The judges are over rated and there on to many other shows on the foodnet work. Judges are over cooked and under seasoned.

8. sukey says:

Do my new glasses make my butt look big?