Revisiting the Humble Spud: Watch Star Salvation 3

by in Videos, July 7, 2013

For the first time in Star history, one eliminated contestant will have a chance to re-enter the competition in a four-week Web series called Star Salvation, presented by Buitoni. Last Sunday, host Robert Irvine tasked Viet, Danushka and Lovely to make something out of "failed" foods like overcooked pork chops, mushy veggies and burnt nuts. In another double elimination, Viet and Danushka left Food Star Kitchen for the final time.

Going into the third episode of Salvation, Lovely — who's now on a winning streak — will have to face newly eliminated Chris. This week they'll revisit the humble potato (like in the premiere episode of Star), but in a slightly different form. Who will be one step closer to returning to the competition?

Click the play button above to watch the third episode and find out who will advance to next week's final episode of Star Salvation.

More Star Salvation:

Guess Who’s Back: Luca

After ousting six hopefuls (including two fan favorites) in Star Salvation, Luca proved himself worthy of a second chance. He entered back into the co...

1. Tina says:

Where's Viet when you need him!!!!

2. Slopez says:

Food Network must really want Lovely back in...maybe for "diversity" reasons...because chips sprinkles on the side?!?!

3. Nikalette says:

I've watched Robert Irvine do this twice now and he is TERRIBLE at it! Lovely should have gone home. Totally unfair. Not to mention that Chris should not have been eliminated . Clearly this is fixed for the big personality, not chef skills. Viet should still be here as well. Anyway I'm not sure if I'll watch...the show is as phony as Restaurant Impossible.

4. Tucker says:

What happened? The writers were so good at dumping the annoying characters...um, I mean competitors. Why is Rodney still in the game? Guess they decided to go in a different direction. Instead of keeping a royal *itch as the primary source of viewer irritation, they decided to go with unappealing, uneducated white trash this year.

5. Naomi says:

I don't agreed with the food network decision and the salvation decision. We have seen Chris and have grown to really like him. He is a people person, friendly, charming and he is always willing to help others. I think Nikki should had gotten eliminated. She did 10 times worst. I'm very upset at the judges decision. In the salvation, hey anyone can crumble potatoes. Chris was talented to turn the potatoes to something else. Robert should had seen the creativity. I think we all want Chris back, the people should get their wish!!!

6. Karen says:

Rodney or Damaris should have gone home. The "Redemption" show's credibility was waning for me after last week and it completely took a nose dive after this elimination. So disappointd in FN,

7. Fanny says:

This season, the viewers will pick the winner of Food Network Star, so make sure you vote with your phones and computers. Make sure the person that you think deserves, or not, to win gets their just deserts!

8. Ginger says:

Can't understand the mentors' decision to let Chris go last night. Really? Very disappointing. Also the use of Kraft Foods, Kellogg's and Target Food execs was totally laughable. They all represent the worst in packaged foods. Chemicals for flavor enhancers, chemicals to enhance colors and preservatives...all of which are known to cause illness and disease in our population. I get it, they are all sponsors for Food Network. Your viewers are far more savvy on real food than you give them credit for. Maybe it's time to find my recipes elsewhere. I would not buy any Kraft or Kellogg "food", ever. I certainly should boycott the station that associates itself with these companies.

• MoHub says:

And the Hershey's challenge hasn't reared its ugly head yet. But I'm sure it will.

• Crouton40 says:

I think someone from TV Guide or Cooking Light magazine, etc. might have been better.

9. NoMoreConnie says:

Quit ling to Connie and telling her that her food is better than others. I don't know if it tastes good or not, but crushing potato chips up and putting apples and Carmel on top isn't cooking. It is like something out of my daughters "little princess cookbook" you know the ones that are safe enough to make in a microwave.