Revisiting the Humble Spud: Watch Star Salvation 3

by in Videos, July 7, 2013

For the first time in Star history, one eliminated contestant will have a chance to re-enter the competition in a four-week Web series called Star Salvation, presented by Buitoni. Last Sunday, host Robert Irvine tasked Viet, Danushka and Lovely to make something out of "failed" foods like overcooked pork chops, mushy veggies and burnt nuts. In another double elimination, Viet and Danushka left Food Star Kitchen for the final time.

Going into the third episode of Salvation, Lovely — who's now on a winning streak — will have to face newly eliminated Chris. This week they'll revisit the humble potato (like in the premiere episode of Star), but in a slightly different form. Who will be one step closer to returning to the competition?

Click the play button above to watch the third episode and find out who will advance to next week's final episode of Star Salvation.

More Star Salvation:

Guess Who’s Back: Luca

After ousting six hopefuls (including two fan favorites) in Star Salvation, Luca proved himself worthy of a second chance. He entered back into the co...

1. Downeydl says:

Chef Robert got it wrong. Yes, Chris's soup had a salty finish, but at least the potato chip was the star. All lovely did was use it as a topping to Carmel apples. Chef even said after tasting that lovely didn't do what he asked which was to make the chip the star. Lovely is personable but she shouldn't have won this round.

2. jrphoel says:

I have a MAJOR problem with the outcome to so called 'Salvation'. And I truly hope that SOMEONE from FN actually READS these comments. I just watched again to MAKE SURE that I had the quote right. After sampling Connie's dish, Chef Robert CLEARLY tells her, "...I'm not sure the potato chips are the STAR of the dish & that's ultimately what I asked for." That SHOULD have been that. The CHALLENGE was, as ASKED FOR, was to MAKE the chips the STAR of the dish. NOT a hidden garnish, but the star. Connie didn't accomplish that, end of story. When I first watched it, I thought Chris had won, by the way Robert was talking & couldn't believe that Connie had done it again. I wonder how Robert would've liked her pizza dough doughnut holes. I tweeted as soon as I'd watched it the first time that if they want Connie to win so badly, just end the damned contest & crown her already.

3. Carol says:

No way...Chris is a much better chef than Lovely. He should not have lost! ok...I'm from O-H-I-O but....his effort was still better than Connie, Lovely, whatever her name is. He was robbed.

4. David says:

"Lovely" wins again??? UGH!!!!

5. Edd says:

Can't stand Lovely!

6. WhatAmIEvenWatching says:

Something is really fishy, here. In the second episode, Robert immediately enjoyed Viet's carrot ginger soup, but it seemed as though he was rationalizing Lovely's mustard overkill in the croquettes a bit too much. He plainly stated he was overpowered by the mustard, but then went into a strangely long explanation for why it could even remotely work. Who was he trying to convince, the viewers or himself? Yet, Viet, who created a lovely dish clearly in no need of verbal or mental twisting (or funny names: "Chicken & Couscous Celebration"...come on), was sent home! Then in the third episode, Robert stated the rules (not once, but twice), and Chris actually showcased the star ingredient with his cheeky play on fish and chips. How does something that not only hides the star ingredient but is also an activity I could do with my two-year old son win over risk-taking and ingenuity? Even though that soup was salty, he actually followed the rules set before him and didn't try to pull the wool over our eyes with catch phrases and slumber party food. If you ask me, "Lovely" is winging it. She has no POV or genuine personalty. I don't know how or why FNS keeps trying to sell her to us when all they do is constantly criticize people like Stacey for coming off scripted. Get your POV together FNS, because this show is all over the map!

• Alysoun says:

Yes, Stacey comes off scripted - but at least like a scripted human being. "Lovely" is like a scripted robot.

7. Erica says:

Has Nikki become invisible?

8. Michelle says:

What the hell Irvine! You are a horrible judge! I cannot stand Connie with her stupid name. She is so fake.
    She freaking makes caramel apples with chips under them and that is a winning dish? OMG! You guys are making me pull my hair out with insanity.

Great kick Viet Pham off, someone who had a real chance and instead give it to Connie. So she can just get kicked off again for being a phoney.