WATCH: Anything Can Happen on Star

by in Videos, July 2, 2013

From missing ingredients and gadgets to fake fire alarms, Sunday's episode of Star challenged the remaining contestants' culinary skills as well as their patience, live-demo capabilities and on-the-spot thinking.

Click play on the video above to watch some of the funniest and most awkward moments that prove anything can happen when the cameras go live.

Tags:

Cook Your Heart Out: Watch the Final Episode of Star Salvation

For the first time in Star history, one eliminated contestant will have a chance to re-enter the competition in a four-week Web series called Star Sal...

1. Grandma says:

If Danushka is brought back I will NEVER watch FN again. She just drains the joy out of the whole show.The other part of the show that gives those that have been 'chopped' another shot to come back is so unfair to those still competing and doing what is asked of them. I agree with the other comments-the tricks pulled on the chefs was stupid to begin with but the same thing should have been pulled on each one so you could judge them fairly. The business of dropping Paula Deen because of something she said 25 years ago is the beginning of the nails in the coffin for the FN channel. I'm sure that if you checked everyone on the FN they have said something they regret as some time. To ruin a person's career over that is FN bending over to kiss their own behinds and can't see how stupid they look to those who have at one time enjoyed watching this channel. Paula Deen is a classy lady so did FN think people would support them more than they would Paula? I think everyone should boycot FN and show them how we all feel.

2. Chuck says:

Is anyone else sick and tired of the ... "and then there were X..."

I get that FN can't come up with any original cooking show competitions, but can't your writers come up with some original, catchy phrases? Why do you need to use the same material that you use for The Next Iron Chef (or visa versa)?

3. Carrie says:

Who is the best out of who is left and why?

4. Cindy says:

Chris will pass them all.

5. CVeraS says:

Just once, when they pull their "anything can happen on live TV" stunts, I would like to see someone put a house cat on the kitchen counter, to saunter through the scene, and see the reaction. I love cats, and even if you don't it would be funny. With 3 cats in my house, I use a lot of Chlorox-Cleanup!

6. Belinda says:

You are standing on set in the kitchen live and talking into the camera when in walks Danushka. She is chewing bubble gum. She walks over, takes out the gum and places it in your frying pan with whatever is in it and calmly walks away.

• Prankster says:

Ina Garten or Melissa is doing their show. They need to wash their hands. When they turn the water on, a loud voice says EEEEEEEEK! Turn it off! It's so cold. Turn it off! The look on their face is priceless.

7. Don says:

Will Russell outlast Stacey?

8. beachinfrizzy says:

"Favorite" moment? On the contrary, all of them made me cringe. What's enjoyable about faking a fire alarm or someone choking? This isn't "Jacka**" or 'Punk'd'. What's next, having a guest judge clutch his or her chest and start gasping for breath? Fail, FN.

• Nora says:

You sure do complain often.

• beachinfrizzy says:

Read through the postings on this and other threads for this episode, then go back and do the same for previous weeks. I am hardly the only one who has made comments expressing disappointment in various aspects of this season thus far, and like many others I also elaborate as to why. Perhaps more importantly, like MOST posters who adhere to the purpose of these blogs, any critical comments I make pertain to the show (and topics related to its producing network) and are not about or directed at other posters personally.

• Nora says:

Pertain to the show? You talk about other chefs who are on other shows. You complain about Giada. You complain about pictures. Is there anything you like?

• Shannon says:

Beach, I agree. (and welcome back ).

• beachinfrizzy says:

Hey Shannon - thanks! If you or any other 'foodies' on this board ever visit Grand Bahama Island, check out Tim Tibbitt's Flying Fish. THAT dude is a star.

9. Sue says:

Is it me or are Giada's teeth extra white and shiny on this show? Look at them in comparison to others!

10. Karen says:

Seriously ....these shows are tiresome. Please take the network back to cooking, food and technique .

• Crouton40 says:

I always enjoy watching NFS every year but I hear ya.

One of the nice things about the Cooking Channel is that it *is* more about cooking. Some might say: Ok, just watch that then. But I fear for the Food Network that they *could* have two channels with -many more- viewers tuning-in. I see it becoming: All the cooking is over here, and the drama is over there. And we already see plenty of people posting that they are tired of too much drama. They said it last year, and now again this year. Too many reruns of Chopped and DDD. I agree with you. Show me how to make something delicious! If I like them as a person, even better.

• Shannon says:

I agree Crouton. I know that I can tune in to Cooking Channel to watch more "cooking". What I want is more cooking on Food Network, I want it back like it used to be! I find the "Cooking Channel" to be less fun, less entertaining in their shows. I want great, engaging, fun personalities but still teaching and preparing interesting food. I don't feel I get all that from the Cooking Channel.

• Crouton40 says:

Quite a few people like the Cooking channel because in a 24hr. day, they will see more shows that teach them something and much less re-runs/competitions. They like that.

But I love a knowledgeable cook who is also "engaging." Definitely!
          That special blend of -both- awesome cooking and fun personality!
          Fantastic, when we can find it.