WATCH: Star Salvation Episode 1, a Second Chance at Stardom

by in Videos, June 23, 2013

For the first time in Star history, one eliminated contestant will have a chance to re-enter the competition in a four-week Web series called Star Salvation, presented by Buitoni. Each Sunday night after every Star episode, Robert Irvine, host of Restaurant: Impossible, will test the finalists in a series of culinary skill challenges that will determine whether they stay or go.

In the first episode, fans will see the infamous Danushka, Andres, Daniela and newly eliminated Lovely return to Food Star Kitchen for a rigorous challenge testing their basic culinary skills that they'll have to complete in just 15 minutes. Who will be one step closer to returning to the competition?

Click the play button above to watch the first episode and find out who will advance to next week's episode of Star Salvation.

From Justin's Perspective

This is the best twist in Food Network Star history. Every viewer who has ever watched this show has thought that his or her favorite eliminated contestant deserves another shot. Now it's happening, and I think that when the contestants' backs are to the door, they will push with all their might. Trust me, when there were 15 contestants last year, I was pretty cocky and sure of my odds. When there were six, I was crying in Alton's arms.

Danushka and Robert IrvineDoes Danushka deserve to come back? Danushka deserves to be around as long as she's rolling her eyes and sighing. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but I can't look away when she is on the screen. It has absolutely nothing to do with her former model career — she's just so drastically different from every other sunshine and rainbow cupcake-making wannabe. Her food seems good, too (except for her raw shrimp, see video above). I think she would be a less zany, but equally edgy, counterpart to Nadia G.

Robert Irvine is perfect for this. He's the master mender of broken culinary dreams. He tough-loves people into success, and that's the kick in the pants I think the hopefuls need.

More Star Salvation:

Guess Who’s Back: Luca

After ousting six hopefuls (including two fan favorites) in Star Salvation, Luca proved himself worthy of a second chance. He entered back into the co...

1. Viginia says:

I like the redemption. I believe everyone deserves a second chance. And it makes the show exciting too.

2. animal lover says:

Do NOT bring Danushka back, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Guest says:

they're eliminated they should stay gone. not fair to others, I watched the redemption didn't like it sometimes I think your judges are stuned by dumb blond bimbos with no personality. you bring Danushka back and give her the win I would never watch her she just plane nothing like dead air. She thinks she's better than anyone else especial the judges. just like on chopped. I don't eat eggs but i'd rather eat rubbery eggs then RAW SHRIMP & I love shrimp. what's wrong with Robert. BAD JUDGEMENT. any other show you sever raw food your gone & that's for good.

4. Pam says:

Is Food network aware that Comcast on demand has the second redemption battle available with the loser of episode five despite episode five not airing yet?

5. Teresa says:

Robert what were you thinking - she served you raw shrimp, if she comes back and wins I and all of my friends will never watch her. Her voice and attitude is a big turn off !

6. Mark Kern says:

First of all I seriously question Robert Irvine decision on who should be eliminated it was between Andres & Danushka well Robert chose Danushka with her raw shrimp that Chef you can get deathly sick & she is suppose to be a chef come on. Wake up people .

Secondly I don"t think there should be a salvation period case close

7. lori says:

Danushka can't come back. Her personality is smart alec, like she's better than any one else. Plus how many shows can one person go on and get kicked off. she was on Next top model, I believe chopped, maybe personal chefs of Hollywood and now this one. She really doesn't kjnow what she wants to do except be famous somehow.

8. MARGARET BROWN says:

So Chris' soup was a littlesalty. At least he made something out of the potato chips. He didn't just crunch them up and put them under another food. Was the challange not to mke something out of the chips??????
    Looks like FN is trying to cater to a certain group of people!
    Once you are eliminated you are out unless it is presented prior to the event that it is a two game elimination!

THIS IS WRONG !!!!!!!!!!! IN SO MANY WAYS.

• Tom says:

So far, as I watch a bit of these shows, I didn't watch all of them at all yet.

REASON - there is NO captions!!! It is really a big disappointment because there are lot of videos and VLOGs with captions and subtitles.

I ask FN for this big QUESTION - Why not?? There is lot of deaf and hard-of-hearing people that do enjoy cooking, just like I do!!

Please consider us and set up captions on these videos on the FN website!