Photo Tour: On the Set of Food Network Star

by in Behind the Scenes, June 22, 2013

The Food Network Star Set, Season 9 Episode 3 brought the contestants back to the set of Star, but this time they were tasked to cook in Food Star Kitchen. Cooking in a kitchen that isn't your own can be a tough mission. Where are the gadgets? What's in the pantry? Take a tour of the Food Network Star set below, set in sunny California at The Culver Studios in Culver City.

Click here to browse the entire gallery of photos from the Set of Food Network Star

Food Star Kitchen, Season 9Changed Perspective: Complete with working double ovens, a six-burner stove, a miniature grill top and an expansive workspace, the cooking station in the Food Star Kitchen had everything the competitors needed to prepare and present their meals to camera.

Backstage Food Network Star Set, Season 9Sideline Snapshot: Taken from the wings of the set, this photo captures portions of the kitchen that are seen on TV, plus the lights and staging in the background that complete the look.

Food Network Star Season 9 PantryPans Aplenty: No fewer than 128 pots and pans lined the shelves of the pantry.

Food Network Star Prop RoomSetting the Scene: The prop room had everything needed to complete the transformation of a particular scene, including faux flowers, decorative vessels, serving pieces and even the Chopped baskets.

Backstage, Food Network Star Season 9Mood Lighting: Various bright-colored lights beamed through crisscross panels to give the illusion of blue and purple hues through the windows at the back of the kitchen.

Hometown Pride: Chris Reps Cleveland with Themed T-Shirts

Just like their culinary points of view, Food Network Star finalists' wardrobes are unique to their individual tastes and styles. You've likely notic...

1. Jennifer says:

Finally another sane person who knows right from wrong... Great post... The truth doesnt need an expanation...

2. Proud cook says:

Shame on you Food Network! You should be supporting Paula instead of bashing her.

3. BEV MCCAULEY says:

WHAT ABOUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH!! I DON'T THINK YOU COULD FIND ONE SINGLE SOUTHERN PERSON OF PAULA'S AGE, WHO HAS NOT USED 'THE N WORD' AT SOME TIME IN THE PAST. SINCE THE 1964 CIVIL RIGHTS LEGISLATION, WE ARE NOW MORE EDUCATED AND DO NOT USE THE WORD. PAULA IS ONE OF YOUR BEST MONEY MAKING STARS AN IT WOULD BE HARD FOR ALL OF US TO LOOSE HER. IF PAULA IS NOT REHIRED, I WILL NEVER AGAIN WATCH ONE OF YOUR SHOWS OR BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS!!!

4. Elaine says:

These cooking shows are all about upholding, promoting and remembering back to a time of family values. You make these meals for your husband; so your family can gather around the dinner table together; for church groups and social gatherings; as something special and to start new family tradition; to remember back to something your favorite relative use to make; and for comfort among other things. Basically are you really o.k. with sharing a meal (which is an act and demonstration of love) with a loved one that was given to you by a bigot and racist, or insensitive selfish person who wouldn't "make a wish" come true, or philanderer, liar or any of the other characters they prop up on food network.

Back in the day, we got our most loved recipes from trusted friends and love ones. Now we get these recipes to share from celebrity chefs with theatrical personas. We don't really know these people. But then again, does it really matter? Paula Deen's food really isn't that good and we all know that it isn't good for you. But she is kind of fun to watch. Just know she is a lovable, phony bigot. We use to love to laugh at/with Archie Bunker. Those were the days...

5. Guest says:

Support Paula..bye Foodnetwork! Like NBC you throw your people under the bus!

6. Margaret says:

All these comments on the premise that Paula Deen made racial slurs 30 years ago is dead wrong! She wanted a "southern plantation" style wedding with black waiters dressed in white coats with black bow ties for Bubba (what a name for a middle aged man?) in 2007. I believe there are black men living in the south today who still cringe at the at the word "plantation". Anyone who supports this kind of behavior should take another look at themselves. On another note, I am delighted to see the end of her boring and annoying show. I actually did a little jig in my kitchen at the news!! I was so sick and tired of the overuse of "y'all's" and her constant habit of not only licking her fingers while cooking, but actually sucking them. It made me sick to my stomach and I stopped watching her show a long, long time ago. And let's not forget the sugar ladened, fatty, starchy, cholesterol packed messes and Krispy Kreme hamburgers she would shovel into her mouth with gay abandon. Get real guys! Now she's a diabetic? Anthony Bourdain was absolutely right when he called her the most dangerous woman on TV. I congratulate you Food Network!! Well done! Oh, P.S.... I'm white.

7. Kathy says:

I hope Paula Deen comes out with her own show. She is a real lady. The blacks just need
    to get the chip off there shoulder. They need to remember who captured them and the Dutch
    brought them here. People are just looking for a free ride and not have to work for there money.
    Good Luck To Paula And Her Family. I will never watch Food Network or buy there magazine
    again.

8. Suzanne says:

Get a grip FOOD NETWORK ! Paula is the coolest person ever. It was my most favorite show on. If a gun was held to your head now or years ago , what would you say to that person at that time? It should no way have any bearing on her show now. I liked her style of cooking & she was fun to hang out with. I used to watch her Saturday mornings. I am such a big fan & her show made my morning. You really should reconsider.

9. bcbg says:

I hate paula deen!

10. David Zybert says:

Am I missing something? This article is about the Food Network Star set. Um . . . can we talk about that? What do you think of the set?