Photo Tour: On the Set of Food Network Star

by in Behind the Scenes, June 22, 2013

The Food Network Star Set, Season 9 Episode 3 brought the contestants back to the set of Star, but this time they were tasked to cook in Food Star Kitchen. Cooking in a kitchen that isn't your own can be a tough mission. Where are the gadgets? What's in the pantry? Take a tour of the Food Network Star set below, set in sunny California at The Culver Studios in Culver City.

Click here to browse the entire gallery of photos from the Set of Food Network Star

Food Star Kitchen, Season 9Changed Perspective: Complete with working double ovens, a six-burner stove, a miniature grill top and an expansive workspace, the cooking station in the Food Star Kitchen had everything the competitors needed to prepare and present their meals to camera.

Backstage Food Network Star Set, Season 9Sideline Snapshot: Taken from the wings of the set, this photo captures portions of the kitchen that are seen on TV, plus the lights and staging in the background that complete the look.

Food Network Star Season 9 PantryPans Aplenty: No fewer than 128 pots and pans lined the shelves of the pantry.

Food Network Star Prop RoomSetting the Scene: The prop room had everything needed to complete the transformation of a particular scene, including faux flowers, decorative vessels, serving pieces and even the Chopped baskets.

Backstage, Food Network Star Season 9Mood Lighting: Various bright-colored lights beamed through crisscross panels to give the illusion of blue and purple hues through the windows at the back of the kitchen.

Hometown Pride: Chris Reps Cleveland with Themed T-Shirts

Just like their culinary points of view, Food Network Star finalists' wardrobes are unique to their individual tastes and styles. You've likely notic...

1. Shinylite says:

After reading the different comments on several sites, I now realize why racism still exists against black people. It is because this country has never truly had a discussion about racism. With the election of Obama, many whites thought it was once again acceptable to speak of black people in this manner. Once upon a time, we felt ashamed to allow others to think we were bigots and most wouldn't say such things in mixed company. Now we speak of freedom of speech and it gives us the right to say anything, while giving us excuses, such as "they call each other these names, or comedians call whites "crackers, or whatever. The difference is you didn't hear the word cracker proceeding a lynching, beating or killing, for no reason other than being black. When people heard this word out loud from a group, for almost 200 years, they feared for their lives and their families! This is still occurring in the 21st Century! When people of color mention this, they are told they're playing the "race card." But it is very evident that we as whites hold the deck, against all minorities that have ventured onto our borders. Even the Native American is made to feel useless, because after all "They were savages, killing one another and not using the land properly, until we got here." Any minority that is lighter in skin, i.e., Irish, Italians, Polish, Asian, Latinos, etc. have gone thru the same thing, except after awhile, they, became "Honorary Whites." If black people can't let it go, it's because we won't let them. They must be put in their place even if they're President. I'm ready for my thumbs down now. But think of this, there is only one race on this planet...the human race and family. Do we treat our family so callously?

• belleshell says:

I agree, I am so glad the ignoramus was fired, down with all haters and racists ... the world has no place for haters in it! If we want the human race to survive you better learn to love everyone!
      All these comments from all the haters below, real sickos! hope you all are reincarnated as the people you hate and persecute... that would be the best cure for you...

• Donna says:

G-D bless you. Your comment was profoundly beautiful, lucid and true.

• Cindi says:

No...many people...REGARDLESS..of race speak against Obama, because he is not doing what is best for this country! Race has nothing to do with it!

2. [...] if (!window.OX_ads) { OX_ads = []; } OX_ads.push({ "auid" : "423083" }); document.write(''); See full article at Food Network Other stories:11 Coolest Video Game CakesIron Chef Michael Symon Off the Clock5 Courses of [...]

3. Jim JImbob says:

Bring back Paula now!

4. Joan Waite says:

you have no right to asks what people do or say after the show, she is your money maker you will now suffer from this decision, shame on all of you, to be born is to err, so i will follow Paula wherever she moves too and i hope you people feel the lost SHAME ON YOU, but is is understandable and NBC owns this show who is controled by Liberals sweetdreams

• Frances says:

If she is the face of food network then her actions on and off are or can be reflections of the network. racism is a nasty thing and in this day and age shame on anyone who finds it exceptable wheather you Indian white black, Asian no matter what we are the same color of our blood is the same. Just like your children doing something inappropriate in public it's a reflection on how you raised them. Food network had to do something to show they don't condone this behavior. Paula I have a feeling is in deep regret and after some time and forgiveness she will be back.

5. Carn says:

I have committed $1MM to spread the word that Food Network hates honest people. Like you did to Paula, there will be NO forgiveness for you. I will NEVER buy another Food Network product or watch your hypocritical channel again.

• Faye B. Blackmon says:

I whole Hartley agree with you. I also will not be supporting the Food Network in any for what they have done to Paula Dean. Yeh without a sin or some off the scale remark in their entir life, please cas the stone at the whole human race, or should say races? I will be tell all cooking friends to also not support the Food Assholes Network.

• Frances says:

Rediclous comment really ?

6. Suzie Yates says:

Who on the Board of Directors hasn't said something stupid that they regret? Hello-ALL OF YOU! You built this network around Paula, we followed. Paula, I hate bigotry/racisim-you know better and said so, we all make mistakes. PBS has FABULOUS cooking shows all thoughtout the day and night, also the Chew on ABC-wonderful-you can get a job anywhere...how about the Hallmark channel. See ya FN. Please refund my balance of my magazine subscription (you have my address)-no longer interest. I don't care about the Food Network Kitchen, for the first time, I won't be watching!

• Fran says:

Paula isn't the superstar of the food network, Guy is and it's not like she slipped and said a bad word she has issues to deal with, I think she will be back. They had to do something you can't condone this type of behavior. You should be proud of what they did. Have you any idea how Paula can be off camara I have heard things even how she is with her sons girlfriend. She has a history of colorful language and rude behavior. I love her shows don't get me wrong I have her cookbooks but I'm ashamed of her behavior and hope she gets it in check. After some forgiveness and time I'm sure she will be back. By the way I don't buy food network stuff way to $$$$$$$ .

7. Dave says:

I am a long time Food Network viewer, no longer! After the "heads" decided to not renew Paula's contract I will not renew Food Network's contract with me! We all make mistakes and lose our tempers, all of us! I don't think I can stomach seeing the two network heads on The Next Food Network Star show in the same way again!!! So long FOOD NETWORK.

8. Julie says:

I will no longer watch your show after this. Paula Deen was the best on your network. I have taken you out of my favorites list and have been encouraging my friends on Facebook to do the same. You should be ashamed! Pull over speech police!

9. norma says:

the food network has gone overboard with dumping paula deen. it has turned into one of the worse channels to watch with all this crap that they have been putting on as it is anyway. so that will probably be one less channel to watch. it seems fine with you guys to let some of your hosts to be off colored with they're comments about certain subjects and also political but you guys can't forgive paula for comments that were made along time ago. grow up and put away your stupid political correctness.

10. jason says:

I will never watch your liberal loving un-American got to be ultra political sad network again.