VIDEO: Danushka’s Not Impressed

by in Videos, June 17, 2013

One of Food Network Star‘s most-contentious finalists ever, Danushka Lysek provided plenty of camera-worthy drama in her brief three-week run in the competition. She sparked rivalries among finalists, delivered unapologetic smirks, stares and eye rolls, and she even stupefied the Selection Committee with her seeming indifference to the challenges at hand. “My goal with doing this competition was knowing I’m not like anyone that’s on the Food Network,” Danushka said after being eliminated, and indeed she proved to be one of a kind.

Click the play button on the video above to watch Danushka’s best, most-hilarious reactions during her time on Star and see a mashup of some of her now-notorious faces. Do you think Danushka deserved more time to prove her commitment to the competition, or were the mentors justified in sending her home? Tell Star Talk what you think in the comments section below.

Related Reading:

Guess Who’s Back: Luca

After ousting six hopefuls (including two fan favorites) in Star Salvation, Luca proved himself worthy of a second chance. He entered back into the co...

1. Cingy says:

Danushka needs make a come back. The show is so boring without her.

• mallory says:

I don't think it's boring. I think it's hard to come up with creative ways to make it interesting. Hence the movie trailer. I was laughing and thought it funny. It's not Top Chef but then they are really pros!

Truth be told, I don't like it when people talk about others especially in a venue like this. If she needed to rely on talking about the other contestants to compensate for her lack of skills and presence, then she needed to go. Plain and simple.

2. Not Impressed says:

You guys are soooo mean! I mean sure she wasn't my favorite but still she made the show fun to watch. I hated the rude comments she made just like most of you but if it is not ok for Danushka to make comments about others than why on earth is it ok for all you people to make comments about her! Danushka had a chance to win if it weren't for her presentation. I'm rooting for her and Lovely on Star Salvation. How would you guys like to have a voice like her it would ruin anyone's chances. I wish you people had hearts.:[

• not saying name says:

I didn't like her, I made a comment, but i have a heart. Any one agree?

• Not Impressed says:

Well not saying name what was your comment? Was it I HATE HER! ISN'T SHE ANNOYING! HER VOICE IS AWFUL!

3. mallory says:

It does sound mean on this thread, doesn't it? I think Danushka didn't win our hearts as a result of her talking about everyone else behind their back … AND on camera no less, not to mention in the car with Russell and Stacy when she mentioned how Vanilla Nikki is and valley girl. What is that saying … people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I suspect Danushka, as nice as she may be to people she knows, dug her own grave.

4. Not Impressed says:

Thank You Malory! You at least get that it sounds mean saying all this stuff.

5. Bruce says:

This show has run its course. None of the contestants stand out.
    Each year a new FN "star" is chosen, but are rarely seen again.

6. FNS Editor says:

Even though Danushka is annoying and the fact that Bobby, Giada, and Alton were keeping her for the drama, you gotta admit that she brought something to the show. I fell of the sofa laughing after what she said about the whole frying out of boredom thing.

7. renae says:

Well this show seems to be much ado about nothing. Haven't seen last year's winner on TV other than commercials. Seems like they just have the competition and then whoever wins works for the network behind the scenes. Arti Party hasn't been on for a long time but we have 4 slots of Barefoot Contessa, Giada , and Paula Deen everyday. It's not that I don't like these women but really can't we have some new faces?