VIDEO: Danushka’s Not Impressed

by in Videos, June 17, 2013

One of Food Network Star's most-contentious finalists ever, Danushka Lysek provided plenty of camera-worthy drama in her brief three-week run in the competition. She sparked rivalries among finalists, delivered unapologetic smirks, stares and eye rolls, and she even stupefied the Selection Committee with her seeming indifference to the challenges at hand. "My goal with doing this competition was knowing I'm not like anyone that's on the Food Network," Danushka said after being eliminated, and indeed she proved to be one of a kind.

Click the play button on the video above to watch Danushka's best, most-hilarious reactions during her time on Star and see a mashup of some of her now-notorious faces. Do you think Danushka deserved more time to prove her commitment to the competition, or were the mentors justified in sending her home? Tell Star Talk what you think in the comments section below.

Related Reading:

Guess Who’s Back: Luca

After ousting six hopefuls (including two fan favorites) in Star Salvation, Luca proved himself worthy of a second chance. He entered back into the co...

1. JoC says:

I think that the judges FINALLY did Danushka a favor when they showed her the door. She really looked like she didn't want to be there and her presence made for many uncomfortable moments for everyone, contestants, judges, and viewers, alike. Glad she's gone, now we can see some real competition with food!

2. Muriel says:

Thank you for eliminating "D"---I don't understand why she was even on the show---especially after her negative attitude on CHOPPED. On an earlier season you had that "Penny" and that was about the the end of STAR for me and then you brought her back to the network several time---WHY??? Now you bring "D"---please review your mission statement.

3. Mitz says:

Thank You Judges for finally getting rid of Danushka! I have watched this show from the first time Food Networks Next Star aired and have only not liked two contestant Penney and Danushka. I would like to think Alex Guarnaschelli, help get rid of her.

4. Eddie says:

I would like to defend Danushka , I like her , but actually a show staring Danushka would have sucked bad!

5. andyr930 says:

It's time to get her picture OFF the homepage. Let's flood the "contact us" mailbox with emails. The "contact us" is down at the bottom, right corner of every page.

6. guest says:

Can anyone help?
    (sorry to do this)...What is going on? I can Post on FN DISH, but suddenly nothing works for me on FN Star threads/discussions. If I write something here, I can type my post in the box and hit submit, but as soon as I "leave", go read something else or whatever and come back, Nothing is there. Any idea whats causing this? After I click submit, on the bottom right by my post there is a :edit, delete, report. Nothing in FNS gets added to the comment stream, but i can use FN Dish discussions just fine. What gives? I've been fiddling and so far, no luck. Any help appreciated. Thanks Crouton40 signing is as Guest this time.

• Shannon says:

Crouton, I am not sure, but I can tell you last Sunday I wrote a post and I received a message that content would have to be approved by the network administrator before it could be posted. It never posted. There was nothing derogatory or off colour ..so I am not sure why it happened, it went back to normal. I chalked it up to a hiccup in the system.

• guest says:

Thanks. Funny that it would work in one place but not another.
        Also, I'm tilting towards Alton as a judge, too, as long as he doesn't become too impatient and hot-tempered about things later. But he has good advice.
        Hoping to still be around as a Crouton. Thanks again.

7. Linda Johnson says:

Bye Bye Babushka!

8. SouthFNViewer says:

Hey hey hey hey Divanushka goodbye.....an na na hey hey good bye

• C-me(not impressed) says:

What?! u guys are sooooooooooooooooo mean! She wasn't my fave either, but I mean come on. She could be mean, but putting it that way is over the top.:( Get serious.

9. Scott says:

Oh Robert PLEASE DON'T LET DENUSHKA BACK SHE HAS THE DISPOSITION OF A SNOB not to mention no screen presence. Give ANYONE redemption but not her PLEASE

10. Roberta in Phoenix says:

My TV is on Food Network Channel almost 24-7. I wake up to it and fall asleep to it. It is my FREE culinary school. The only time I do not watch it is when cupcake wars or of the kind is on because I am not a pastry person. Watching Danushka would have been in that category. She was soooooo annoying to watch and HEAR. PLEASE NO SALVATION FOR HER.

• mallory says:

Roberta, my TV is on Food Network and now Cooking Channel 24/7/365. I rotate and don't care for Cupcake Wars or Food Network Challenge but love Chef Ron's Sweet Genius. It's like Chopped, which is my favorite show.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one completely obsessed. :) It is a free Culinary School. I would love Viet to have this as a POV and I've told him so. Rather than show me how to make three courses in 1/2 hour, I'd like to learn to filet a fish, cook it a few different ways and maybe add a sauce or two for serving. Something more detailed.

I'm getting tired of the same format for each celebrity. Agree with you here about no salvation. I'm happy they are offering the second chance but ultimately only the real winner will prevail.

FYI: I am attending Culinary School in the fall. If I can't get the program to come to me, I'm going to the program.

• C-me says: