VIDEO: Danushka’s Not Impressed

by in Videos, June 17, 2013

One of Food Network Star's most-contentious finalists ever, Danushka Lysek provided plenty of camera-worthy drama in her brief three-week run in the competition. She sparked rivalries among finalists, delivered unapologetic smirks, stares and eye rolls, and she even stupefied the Selection Committee with her seeming indifference to the challenges at hand. "My goal with doing this competition was knowing I'm not like anyone that's on the Food Network," Danushka said after being eliminated, and indeed she proved to be one of a kind.

Click the play button on the video above to watch Danushka's best, most-hilarious reactions during her time on Star and see a mashup of some of her now-notorious faces. Do you think Danushka deserved more time to prove her commitment to the competition, or were the mentors justified in sending her home? Tell Star Talk what you think in the comments section below.

Related Reading:

Guess Who’s Back: Luca

After ousting six hopefuls (including two fan favorites) in Star Salvation, Luca proved himself worthy of a second chance. He entered back into the co...

1. Marc says:

She makes for great TV ... I'd watch her show.

2. Angelrunner says:

i am so glad she is gone....she set a tone that allowed everyone to be angry with her......she is a complete "itch" .......watching the rest of the contestants will be more enjoyable now

3. Michele says:

I CRINGED when she was on chopped. The slow, hateful way, she speaks, OMG I would last two minutes speaking with her in real life. Honestly I haven't watched this season BECAUSE I saw her in the line up, and refused to watch until she was cut. Which I knew would come. I cannot imagine how she beat out other talented people for this spot on this show?

• Tammy says:

Some of them can cook but cant face the crowd. Some can talk but don't set the world on fire with their cooking. Some haven't been too good with either. Some have potential.
      Some are edgy and some are too quiet..

4. jan morrell says:

How she ever made it to the program is the burning question..were the folks viewing these promo on something..she was bad from the get go...sorry ..no personality..not even pretty..skinny yes..anything else No..

5. Wes Marean III says:

I love the Food Network and it's bevy of shows, I also love the magazine.
    That being said, I think that blew it when they had Danushka as a contestant on Food Network Star. She exhibits a holier-than-thou attitude where the rest of the world is not as wonderful as her. I cheered when she was Chopped and cheered even louder along with my family when she eliminated from Food Network Star. Too bad it took 3 weeks to see through her façade of trying to get by on looks when she has no obvious talent.

6. andyr930 says:

Isn't it time to get her OFF the website? Let's find something more enjoyable to talk about. She's over and done with.

7. Simone says:

Andyr930 is right. Lets talk about who we have to work with. While we're at it, how about less distractions and rambling about michael symon and past histories of chefs who are on every other show but this one?

8. MJB says:

Danushka has the personality of a rock...actually I think I had a pet rock with more character. She is boring and full of herself; I was embarrassed for her since she didn't have have the sense to be embarrassed for herself. I'm wondering why anyone would have selected this woman to appear on this show. I actually clapped my hands and gave out a big sigh of relief when they cut her from the competition. She was the worst contestant I have ever seen on this or any other tv show...next time Danushka STAY HOME.

9. MeriP_Cookin_In_LBC says:

Finally!!! This woman has ZERO personality! I didn't like her on Chopped and when I found out she was a contestant on FNS I didn't bother to watch!!! Now that she's gone.... I'll be sure to tune in! I can't stand people with dry monotone voices..... Uuugggghhhhhh! Her food has to be good for the executives at Foodnetwork to keep torturing us with having to watch her non-personality having ass on TV! Remember..... We cant taste her food, so personality is EVERYTHING!!!!!!! ( just sayin )

• Patty says:

Last year's winner was also monotone and stared blankly. This time it may be all personality at the expense of food.

10. John says:

That woman's only talent was appearing 100% expressionless. I could poop more personality. I'm not sure her face even moved while she was talking. There are far more interesting white walls to put on Food Network.