Caption It: What Caused Alex to Make This Face?

by in Community, June 14, 2013

Bobby Flay and Alex GuarnaschelliChopped fans know that when it comes to doling out blatantly honest criticism and no-nonsense feedback, Alex Guarnaschelli, a longstanding member of the judges' panel, does it best. She has more than 15 years of experience at the table and knows what winning dishes look and taste like, which means that come Sunday night, Food Network Star finalists will have to cook above and beyond Alex's expectations if they want to impress her. She'll join the Selection Committee as a guest judge during the Chopped-style challenge, overseeing the contestants as they attempt to fuse mystery basket ingredients into camera-worthy meals.

While some contestants may indeed prove to her their culinary chops, others will inevitably disappoint — and then some will simply be so shocking that Alex is rendered nearly speechless at the sight of it. Take a sneak-peek look at the snapshot above from Sunday's all-new episode: Bobby can't help but chuckle as Alex looks on in amazement at what's going on in front of her. What do you think has caused her to make such a face?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out what causes Alex's stunned face, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Click the play button on the video below to get an insider's look at what's to come on Sunday.

Now Casting: Food Network Star, Season 10

Guy Fieri, Justin Warner and Damaris Phillips. These three Food Network chefs weren't born into stardom; it took a journey from fandom to fierce compe...

1. Sue Rogers says:

And you were the first eliminated in Iron Chef competition?

2. Bob Toren says:

Alex: "I have to say that if I was given that dish without instructions I would have thought I was supposed to use it for cleaning paint brushes".

3. Trilby says:

"You got served!"

4. paenutbutder says:

Bobby: "Hey Alex, guess what? I'm keeping Danushka around because I find her attractive.. "
    Alex: "Oh god."

5. lexus says:

Keeping Daushka for the controversy she brings...it's called ratings...just look at all the comments directed a at her persona etc....... it works.

6. lexus says:

Alex: "They put what in that?"

7. Cathy says:

Rodney just told Alex, IT'S A FREAKIN' PIE, JACK!

8. lexus says:

Let me be the first to say I was wrong about the ratings being the reason for Danushka still being on the show...yay...adios to you....

9. Sarah says:

I, personally, liked Danushka. She brought sophistication to Food Network. It is a pity to see her leave the show so quickly. Her simplicity and solemn behavior is just what FN needs to bring about refinement.

• Wayne says:

I liked her too. She was funny and honest and was herself. Lovely seems a bit fake to me. Glad Alton commented on it. Maybe now she can find herself..unless the scripted person IS herself.

Dont know that I'd personally call Danushka 's behavior refined but you are certainly entitled to your opinion Sarah.
      So far, I like Chris...easygoing, relaxed, seems to make meals judges like. Also Viet seems a good choice. All the rest can go home.

• kelly says:

You think that the men have it all over the women?

• klink6224 says:

I think food wise it goes Viet, Damaris and Chad. Personality (controlled) it goes Chad, Nikki and Chris. Personality (raw) Damaris, Chad and Rodney

Overall I think it comes down to Chad, Damaris and Viet. I want to replace Viet with Chris knowing its gonna take Viet a lot to open up but I want Viet to go further. I could be totally wrong on all but it's all part of the fun.

• andyr930 says:

Please tell me you're not serious. Sophistication??? My cat is more sophisticated and has a lot more personality. It's good riddance.

10. Swettie says:

I am glade to see Danuska go.... Alex "Who has time to get board on a Chopped, 20 min challenge ?" I don't even know wht to say.