Caption It: What Caused Alex to Make This Face?

by in Community, June 14, 2013

Bobby Flay and Alex GuarnaschelliChopped fans know that when it comes to doling out blatantly honest criticism and no-nonsense feedback, Alex Guarnaschelli, a longstanding member of the judges' panel, does it best. She has more than 15 years of experience at the table and knows what winning dishes look and taste like, which means that come Sunday night, Food Network Star finalists will have to cook above and beyond Alex's expectations if they want to impress her. She'll join the Selection Committee as a guest judge during the Chopped-style challenge, overseeing the contestants as they attempt to fuse mystery basket ingredients into camera-worthy meals.

While some contestants may indeed prove to her their culinary chops, others will inevitably disappoint — and then some will simply be so shocking that Alex is rendered nearly speechless at the sight of it. Take a sneak-peek look at the snapshot above from Sunday's all-new episode: Bobby can't help but chuckle as Alex looks on in amazement at what's going on in front of her. What do you think has caused her to make such a face?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out what causes Alex's stunned face, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Click the play button on the video below to get an insider's look at what's to come on Sunday.

Now Casting: Food Network Star, Season 10

Guy Fieri, Justin Warner and Damaris Phillips. These three Food Network chefs weren't born into stardom; it took a journey from fandom to fierce compe...

1. Emma says:

Alex can't believe Danushka is still on the show. Thank goodness she got sent home or I couldn't have watched another episode. I think she looks like she doesn't eat and I've never seen her taste anything she's preparing. She is the worst contestant in the history of the show. Please screen the candidates better next season.

2. Matt says:

There's no way to caption this better than what happened. Danushka saying she got bored, in a Chopped competition... I have a feeling I had the same face Alex did; "How can you get BORED in a 30 minute CHOPPED competition???" That right there killed her chances; you don't tell anyone you're bored in a competition of any kind, because that tells everyone you're not serious and obviously can find something better to do than waste our time. I've never been impressed with Danushka, both times she was on Chopped, and she wasn't impressing me here. When they brought her out in the first episode, I nearly shut off the TV. She has always come across as disinterested and arrogant, which obscured her humor (I did see a few moments, but not enough to like her.) This season is not as engaging as I had hoped, but at least I can rely on Alton's sense of humor to liven things up.

3. Anonymous says:

Alex-"Look, I'm Danushka."

4. Marian says:

Didn't Danushka get kicked off of the real "Chopped" in the first round a while back? This is already after last night's show so I know what the "look" is about and it was well warranted.

5. Marge m says:

What do you mean, "How do you turn the stove on?"???????

6. Jessica says:

I have never liked Alex that much, but I enjoyed seeing her rip Danushka up one side and down the other. I couldn't stand her. I'm so glad she finally got voted off! As for this cap, I totally find it meme worthy. : )

7. animal lover says:

Alex: This is my Danushka immatation. Do you like it?