Sunday’s Star Menu: Juicy Burgers for the Bash

by in Community, June 5, 2013

The Burger BarAs Sunday afternoons turn to evenings and the hours until the next episode of Food Network Star tick away, how do you settle in to watch the latest premiere? No matter who you're with or where you're watching from, you surely have on hand a spread of eats and drinks to last you through the episode, right? Here at Star Talk, we want to see what you're munching on. Every Wednesday, check back for a themed menu to get you ready for the episode ahead, and on Sunday nights, snap photos of your spread and share them with @FoodNetwork via Twitter and Instagram using #FoodNetworkStar.

The finalists will be given their meatiest challenge to date on Sunday: host a Burger Bash for 100 hungry guests and present their best between-bun creation to a live audience. As they're tackling the heat of the grill and the demands of cooking for a crowd, host your own scaled-down version of the bash at home. Follow Tyler Florence's lead and set up a Burger Bar (pictured above), featuring a spread of juicy, tender patties, plus an array of toppings and condiments. After taking the burgers off the grill with the deliciously gooey melted cheese on top, arrange them on a platter alongside the fixings, and let everyone build their ultimate burger. Whether you're entertaining partygoers or simply trying to cater to a few picky eaters, inviting guests to assemble their meal to their liking ensures they will get the burger they're craving — no extraneous toppings to pick off or eat around.

Creole Crab BurgerWant to try something new and perhaps out of the ordinary? Experiment with non-beef burgers like this crab cake-inspired Creole Crab Burger featuring crunchy coleslaw (pictured right) or Manchego-Stuffed Pork Burgers topped with pimientos, fresh tomatoes and onions. Or stick with traditional beef patties and dress them up with smoked ham, Swiss and pickles to make Bobby's Miami Burger, or opt for cumin and corn salsa in a Chipotle Corn Burger.

What does your Sunday Star menu look like? Snap photos of what you're eating, and share them with us @FoodNetwork via Twitter and Instagram using #FoodNetworkStar.

Do You Want to Be on the Food Network Star Finale? — Find Out How

Food Network Star fans will have a chance to ask Alton, Bobby, Giada and all 12 finalists questions during the final episode, which airs August 10 at ...

1. The Old Writings says:

The feast of burgers approaches.

THOU SHALT NOT MAKE BLAND MEALS!
    'Tis an Abomination unto the judges and none shall escape.

Take heed to thy tastiness that thy days shall be long upon this contest and thou avoidest going from the frying pan to the fire.
    Peace and joy be upon your kitchen. Amen.

2. MoHub says:

I see Giada's cleavage is back on display.

3. Lynda says:

So sick of Giada's cleavage. I must be the only person on the planet who can't stand her. Seeing the previews of the second episode where she's ripping into that one contestant just makes me sick. She's sooo full of herself. Every time I see her on a show where's she's a judge or advisor she's so mean-spirited and quite the know-it-all. Just UGHHHHH. I find myself flipping to another channel when she's on.

• Joe says:

I think she wants to be the hot one on the network and not have any competition. They can always find a way to fault anyone if they want to. Chances are alot of them will get nailed on something before its all over.

• ashley says:

I personally like her. She tells the contestants like it is. She does not sugar coat it. And its not like she can hid her boobs they are pretty big who cares If there is a little cleavage I have need a lot worse that that

• Janine says:

She can cover them a bit. She's just sooooo spoiled and bratty acting. Her over-pronunciation of any Italian word is just sickening. Nope....females like her are a dime a dozen. You can have my share of her.

4. tim says:

Food Network lost allcredibility this week. The last two contestanrs had info that could educate me. Denuska is worthless. Only entertainment value. Let's just bring in Snookue and the MTV crowd.

5. LolahG says:

Maybe she's not as bad as she appears but Danushka proves that beauty is only skin deep. Talk about mean-spirited--she's not feisty; she's just pure nasty. Chad is just so likeable and has an authenic quality that shines through. I really like Viet --pulling for him. And Damaris--that burger looked to die for; make you sass your momma! And I feel really bad that I can't remember the name of the top female finalist in this episode--but you are amazing and I enjoyed watching you!