Star-a-Day: Nikki Dinki

by in Food Network Star, May 26, 2013

Nikki DinkiYou heard it here first: Food Network Star is kicking off an all-new ninth season on Sunday, June 2 at 9pm/8c, and returning judge-mentors Alton BrownBobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis will be there at the helm. This year the mentors are tasking 12 hopefuls with weekly Mentor and Star Challenges in the ultimate multi-month interview for the chance to earn their dream television job: their own show on Food Network. While the contestants bring with them a mix of backgrounds — including culinary school, restaurant management, private chef and food blogging — they have but one dream, which is to become the next Food Network Star. From now until next month's premiere, Star Talk will introduce one finalist a day until you, Star fans, meet them on camera during the show.

A food blogger living in New York City, Nikki Dinki, 29, follows a semi-vegetarian diet. After growing up a picky eater, she was determined to change her culinary habits, so she set out to learn how to cook. Nikki's able to combine her background in acting with her passion for cooking by hosting a cooking show online.

Click the play button on the video below to watch Nikki's casting video.

Visit the Food Network Star Headquarters for more exclusive interviews, plus behind-the-scenes images and videos of the finalists and mentors, and tune in to the Season 9 premiere on Sunday, June 2 at 9pm/8c.

A Letter to Damaris, from the Rebel

1. My Homepage says:

... [Trackback]...

[...] Informations on that Topic: blog.foodnetwork.com/star-talk/2013/05/26/star-a-day-nikki-dinki/ [...]...

2. FNS LOVER says:

I love Nikki!

3. Veggie Girl says:

I don't understand how she is semi vegetarian. If she eats meat, she's NOT vegetarian.

4. Ruth says:

I LOVE the fact Nikki is here, there are a TON of people out here like us, that can take meat or leave it. The pov she brings to the table is PERFECT for so many of us. Sadly, the food world is either veggie OR meat oriented, so I don't think FN will let it go as far as it could go, but I tell ya, THIS is reality based. Letting go of stereotypes as someone is either veggie OR NOT, I don't think FN OR maybe some viewers may be ready to do. That said, Nikki's perspective is very 'normal' and common. So let's see how far they 'let it' play out.

5. Mike says:

I like bacon.

6. Lindsey says:

My mom says that she isn't vegetarian, but she is a veggie lover. I am kind of the same way. I love Nikki!

7. Erin says:

Semi-vegetarian and eating pork, beef & chicken????????

8. Torrie says:

please stop saying you are any kind of vegetarian when you serve/eat meat in every dish on the show. it does a disservice to the veg cause and lifestyle that is borderline offensive (maybe not so borderline). it's great that you love vegetables and eating a healthful diet, but that is not the same as being vegetarian. foodnetwork, i'd love to see a legitimate vegetarian/vegan contestant on this show sometime.

9. Tiki says:

I would have watched "Meat on the Side", it's my POV too. I can't believe, after all your wins, that you are off the show. It's enough to make me stop watching ...especially when they keep pushing Rodney along. Sorry to see you go, Nikki.

10. Virginia says:

Nikki-if you ever have a show I will be #1 fan. Enjoyed watching you cook and present. Bad choice by the judges to keep Henry over you. Best of luck!