QUIZ: Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?

by in Food Network Star, May 7, 2013

Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis and Bobby FlayNot an ordinary competition, Food Network Star gives everyday home cooks and professional restaurant chefs alike the chance to put their culinary chops on the line and their most camera-ready faces forward in a multi-month job interview for the chance to score their own Food Network show. This summer marks the tenth season of contest, and during the past decade, the challenges have evolved to become more grueling, the expectations more demanding and the eliminations more dramatic. From Guy to Melissa to Damaris and all of the finalists and competition in between, have you, Star fans, been keeping up with the best moments and most-shocking turns of events?

As you gear up for an unprecedented season with finalists' hopes on the line, test your knowledge of Star history, past competitors and guest-judge appearances, plus top recipes, seasons' highlights and winners' crowning moments. Take the quiz below to find out if you're the ultimate Star superfan, then browse Food Network's Star headquarters for insider interviews, exclusive videos, behind-the-scenes photos and more from the show.

Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?

Think you're up to speed on what's gone down on Star? Answer these questions to learn how well you know the show and relive some of the most-unforgettable moments from the first eight seasons.
Start
Congratulations - you have completed Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Return
Shaded items are complete.
12345
678910
1112131415
1617181920
End
Return

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Julie Roberson says:

I am still wondering why Justin Warner's show or even his photo is not included as one of Food Network star/chef/cook...Aarti, Melissa, Jeff and Guy all show up...Justin won fair and square...anyone know what is up?

2. Julie says:

My favorite FN show is "Chopped" and definitely NOT "Chopped All-Stars" I do not like when Celebrity Chef's play for chrities...I like when they do the Re-Demption episodes with the past losers.

3. elisabeth says:

i agree that the winner should be able to teach how to cook a dish and make us want to try cooking it. Personality is important but i agree that it has become about too much "hype" rather then the ability to make viewers want to go into the kitchen and cook.

4. Ian says:

The Next Food Network Star has become a farce after what they did to Justin Werner. It now appears anyone who will pose a threat to the "judges" get banished. Justin would have made Bobby look like an amateur; therefore, no Justin. This season, Stacey was the sweet likeable girl next door, like Giada; thus, no Stacey. If this show wants credibility, the put the right people on the show.

5. Bsh says:

Stacey was boring, just like Giada. I don't think having quirky personalities makes chefs less credible. I find Damaris very credible but don't kill her personality. She makes me laugh- she makes Bobby laugh. Laughter is good. Quit being stuffed shirts - BORING!

6. H2OforLIFE says:

FNStar is about the judges not the contestants. They want themselves to look good even when they are being snarky. They do not give constructive criticism. They belittle the people. Yes, the judges can cook. However, they all have been on tv a long time. Giada only wants to promote what Giada wants. Alton has a very gruff, condescending manner, and Bobby is kind of flighty. The viewers do not learn anything from anyone on the show about cooking. FN has a preconceived idea of who the winner will be. The showed is flawed due to the selection of the people who will be on it. They are all too predictable. It is all for ratings and inflatable egos on the part of the judges. Look at the past 9 winners. How many still have a show of their own, and how many can the public name?

• Guest says:

Agreed. It's way past time to give Alton, Bobby, and Horse Teeth Giada the boot, and bring in some of the past 9 winners as mentors, who not only can cook, mentor, and can teach cooking, but can do those things without the condescension and downright rudeness those three snobs incorporate into the show by their very demeanor. Personally I don't watch ANY of those 3 rude people's own shows because of their air of superiority and self-importance, so why on EARTH would I want to have them be those who narrow down those we the viewers choose as the ones WE want to see? Wake up, FN!!! It's about your VIEWERS, NOT your uppity, snotty, snobby chefs!

7. Donna Cook says:

I would like to see less of Guy Fieri and more real cooking shows in the evening.

8. molly says:

I think Guy Fieri is a great talent but I have totally OD'd on Diners Drive-Ins & Dives which seems to be on constantly. I just can't watch another episode. I wish they would air some of the wonderful daytime shows in the evenings for those people who can't watch during the day. There are so many great shows. How 'bout a little variety.

9. geri cook says:

I like watching kids cooking I don't like seeing them go home, but I truly believe this is very inspirational to other kids out there. I wish my son would have continued to be involved and I think if there would have been more shows with kids his age he would have continued to cook. I hope his daughter grows up to love cooking maybe that will be one of the bonds that they can share together.

10. Mari says:

Don't enjoy FNS anymore and it was one of my favorites. Now I found the show very scripted, the judges come across fake and pompous. Not enough cooking and a lot of "camara" time for the contestants to see if they are "comfortable" in front of the camara, which I find stupid since they look very relax in front of the camara when they are explaining how they felt on a demonstration or whatever! If you want viewers, one thing you should do is take out Giada from judging, she comes through condescending and cold, maybe is all the Botox and her big fake smile. Bobby used to be fun and relax, he cared about the contestant, but now not anymore. Alton, well I don't know, or maybe the problem is the writer, producers and directors.. Go back when the show came out and that is the perfect formula!