QUIZ: Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?

by in Food Network Star, May 7, 2013

Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis and Bobby FlayNot an ordinary competition, Food Network Star gives everyday home cooks and professional restaurant chefs alike the chance to put their culinary chops on the line and their most camera-ready faces forward in a multi-month job interview for the chance to score their own Food Network show. This summer marks the tenth season of contest, and during the past decade, the challenges have evolved to become more grueling, the expectations more demanding and the eliminations more dramatic. From Guy to Melissa to Damaris and all of the finalists and competition in between, have you, Star fans, been keeping up with the best moments and most-shocking turns of events?

As you gear up for an unprecedented season with finalists' hopes on the line, test your knowledge of Star history, past competitors and guest-judge appearances, plus top recipes, seasons' highlights and winners' crowning moments. Take the quiz below to find out if you're the ultimate Star superfan, then browse Food Network's Star headquarters for insider interviews, exclusive videos, behind-the-scenes photos and more from the show.

Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?

Think you're up to speed on what's gone down on Star? Answer these questions to learn how well you know the show and relive some of the most-unforgettable moments from the first eight seasons.
Start
Congratulations - you have completed Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Return
Shaded items are complete.
12345
678910
1112131415
1617181920
End
Return

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Mary Jane says:

In my opinion Season 5 was the most entertaining by far. Although we're not crazy about the outcome with Melissa.

I have one question about last season though " What ever happened to Justin Warner " ???? We feel as though last year was a total waste of our time . A big joke .

2. kan says:

take it back to were it was a few yrs ago...it has gotten to silly and the people that compete just seem "staged" were are the former winners...other then guy and melissa ...haven't seen or heard from any of them ok jeff...but he is boring

3. guest says:

The videos are up for this years crew. See who they are.

4. Crouton40 says:

Last years winner lacked personality & energy.
    But lets don't go to the other extreme. Personality matters but this cant become a mere personality contest. Its the Food that counts. Would I want to eat it? Can they make it sound simple when they teach me how to make it?

And regarding personality, its not just about being likable. Its about *not* being a turn-off! What are turn-offs?
    1. Conceited/Sarcastic
    2. Overbearing/loud/rude
    3. Freaky/intense/weird
    4. Dull/monotone/flat
    5. Shy/wimpy/false humility
    6. Nervous/hyper
    I wouldn't want my favorite STAR to be known for any of those things. Would you?

• Mare says:

May I say, Crouton40, that your turn-offs are a list of Danushka's faults? You are satisfied with a couple of the other contestants? Personally I find Damaris--she the bladder-eyes & shoulder-shaking cretin--to also be a TOTAL turn-off. The judges seem to love her, but I think she should be GONE! Especially after the way she treated Danushka--attack, attack, attack, the first words out of her silky little mouth. No professional does that--except maybe Alton--I'm-a-snotty-ass-Brown.
      Watch Bobby Flay! He may not like you, but you don't know it. Damaris & Alton take heed. Bobby will always lead with a compliment, then the bad news--but never an ATTACK.
      Alex Guraneshelly has lost her grip on humanity--TOTALLY! Before the book push and Iron Chef, she was a pretty decent person, but NO MORE. She's MEAN, MEAN, MEAN.
      Don't worry. I know the answer. I will NOT be watching FoodNetwork any more. So little to like, so much to HATE.

5. guest says:

Really hated the team format, last season. I wish it would go back to the way it was previously

6. Tina says:

The judges should not make everyone bare their soul with all the details of their private life. I felt that that was really inappropriate last time.

7. Alek says:

Guy Fieri doesn't deserve to be on TV anymore. His novelity has wore off.

I'm tired of seeing him shoving food in his mouth.

DUMP THE SHOWS!

• Doug says:

Its a good show. Some interesting places. I watch it but I burn out on it. Too many shows and too often. And too much of it is just items that are 5-stories tall or a heaping platter big enough for 3 people. How did Fieri ever get this much air-time? At this rate they could let three people be winners on Food Network Star and guy could still have a show.

• Ray Park says:

To me he is still a novelty, and he is good at his work. His 3D show could easily go on for generations of new viewers.

• Guy Rules says:

Blondes rule! Guy is funny, warm hearted and an Italian cook. Nuf said.

• John says:

I coudn't agree with this more. The fact this his show is still on and on ALL the time shows me how dumb the execs of this network are and most people I know don't even watch the network any more because of things like this.

• Rita says:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Too much exposure and so tired of seeing him stuff his face. Does he really need to be on 10x a day 5 days a week? I've quit watching most everything on foodnetwork and won't be back until they change the scheduling.

• Janet says:

i agree - stopped watching his shows 2+ last season - just how many diners can there by. does he ever have time to manage his own restaurants??

• Ken says:

Change the channel. Why does the show have to dumped just because your tired of it?

• animal lover says:

The shows do come on to often but I really like them. DO NOT DUMP THE SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sandra cannon says:

Will not watch any thing with Guy or Robert Irvine and will not be watching anything with Lenny if he wins food stars,

8. Karen says:

Probably too late to affect this season, but I so enjoyed season 7 before the execs, etc. interjected themselves, and the mentors became 'Team' characters. Make the contestants the 'stars' again. Back to basics. I also wanted to order past seasons of NFNS and could not find them. Pitch room? Really? Where's Trump? Ugh! It's cooking. I don't want to see the employers, I want to see the artists and personalities. Thanks.

9. Crouton40 says:

The pitch room sucked. Even the conference table in that room lit up and was shaped like a coffin. The whole idea of any pitch room reminds me too much of being on Dancing with the Stars. Too much hype. I also definitely agree with you about back to Basics. I think one good way to get a larger audience would be to have more of an emphasis on Teaching, which is also basics. Someone who can encourage people, take the fear out of the kitchen and show me that: "hey! this is easier than I thought. I can DO this! Keewwwwl!" And they don't need industrial-strength tattoos, weird haircuts/clothes or any cheap gimmick to do it. How do I know when to cook at 325 or 450 degrees? Which kitchen knife is best for this dish? Why? What spices should I have? How long do things keep in the fridge? Basics! But don't give a long encyclopedia dissertation. Just some sort of: "OK, before we put this in the oven or in the frying pan, here's what you need to do to get ready (temps, times, seasonings, kitchen tools, etc). But keep it short. Be casual. Show me its not as scary as I thought. And let the camera show the food as its chopped or sliced, how it's wrapped, after its been in the pan for 2 minutes, then halfway through, and finished dish. *Tell me simply and give me visuals!*. This is how they make it easy. And if the Cook is someone pleasant who I can learn from (informal, clear explanations and a bit playful works for me) and who makes food that is ssoooo delicious that all my friends just rave about it and cant wait to come over again---it looks like we've found our Star. :) Who will it be?

• Donna says:

That is exactly what I want to see from the cooking shows. I wish there were more actual cooking shows on during prime time, although I adore Chopped. But Guy gets tiresome to watch two or three nights a week and sometimes Robert Irvine is too over-the-top. I'd love to see Ina or Rachael in the evenings, or see an instructional show by one of the Iron Chefs. How many of us will really ever have to make dinner using 4 totally wacky ingredients that include squid in the dessert round or make 5 dishes in an hour using frog legs?

10. Carol says:

No I am not a fan , you just cannot enjoy when Giada is always trying to get all the attention and you cannot enjoy the rest of the show.

• Pcanpie says:

AMEN to that!!! I can't stand Giada.. she is soooo freaking phony!!! when her show comes on I turn the tv off.. I have to put up with her when Food Network Star is on but I wish they would dump her!!!

• Guy Rules says:

She has the Italian beauty and charm. There is just something about it...

• allyn says:

I have quit watching Giada, especially on the Thanksgiving show, she is obnoxious,believe me a little of her goes a long way. FN you should have spent more time on Ron Ben Isreal's beautiful cake, more time was spent on Giada's finger.