QUIZ: Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?

by in Food Network Star, May 7, 2013

Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis and Bobby FlayNot an ordinary competition, Food Network Star gives everyday home cooks and professional restaurant chefs alike the chance to put their culinary chops on the line and their most camera-ready faces forward in a multi-month job interview for the chance to score their own Food Network show. This summer marks the tenth season of contest, and during the past decade, the challenges have evolved to become more grueling, the expectations more demanding and the eliminations more dramatic. From Guy to Melissa to Damaris and all of the finalists and competition in between, have you, Star fans, been keeping up with the best moments and most-shocking turns of events?

As you gear up for an unprecedented season with finalists' hopes on the line, test your knowledge of Star history, past competitors and guest-judge appearances, plus top recipes, seasons' highlights and winners' crowning moments. Take the quiz below to find out if you're the ultimate Star superfan, then browse Food Network's Star headquarters for insider interviews, exclusive videos, behind-the-scenes photos and more from the show.

Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?

Think you're up to speed on what's gone down on Star? Answer these questions to learn how well you know the show and relive some of the most-unforgettable moments from the first eight seasons.
Start
Congratulations - you have completed Are You a Food Network Star Superfan?. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Return
Shaded items are complete.
12345
678910
1112131415
1617181920
End
Return

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. [...] See full article at Food Network var OB_platformType=3; var OB_PlugInVer='8.0.0.0_Regular';Other stories:Onion and Poppy Seed BialysLose Weight by Eating MindfullyFriday Cocktails: Corpse Reviver No. 2Best 5 Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipes for Cinco de Mayo    Search for Recipes [...]

2. [...] FN Dish – Food Network Blog Pin ItLike this:Like Loading...Comments comments [...]

3. Justin says:

17/20 - not too shabby!

4. a historical fiction writer is a writer...

first, and his capability to conduct research and delve deep into the earlier period is secondary. a novel set in a bygone era attracts readers who develop a curiosity to know what comes next, and this induces them to keep turning...

5. グッチ 時計...

次へ時間I 学習 A ブログ、私はそれは私を失望していませんことを願ってたくさんこの一つとして。私は意味、私は知っています | 学習が、それは私のオプションへの選択でしたが、しかし I 真思っヤウド持っていると言っても注目度抜群 |一つのこと} {興味深い|魅力的。私が聞くすべては約泣き言の束である何か あなたは多分できる | あなたに起こる場合しゃべれなかった忙しいあまりに注目を検索|が目を光らせて|を求めています。...

6. Loril says:

Is it going to be a new requirement to have appeared on Food Network prior to being selected for Food Network Star?

• helenet says:

At least we have had a sneak preview of what they are like! But like some of the comments below I must say I have a lot of reservations about some of the contestants - mostly Stacey and Niki. Perhaps they are trying to prove they are not so bad after all but there's a lot of work ahead! How did they make it through? I can't say this is going to be regular viewing for me - it just seems to have become like a lot of other reality tv and far too staged. Good luck though and I hope they enjoy the experience.

• Ann says:

You mention Stacy and Niki and you say perhaps they are trying to prove they are not so bad after all. What makes you feel they are bad in the first place? Who's video did you like best?

• mary says:

speaking of that, what ever happened to Justin Warner, last year's winner? He had one show I know of...

• Mel says:

I was so upset to see who made it on this year!! This is not what it started out as .... I was a huge fan but think I will skip this year! Such a shame to take people who have already been on other shows for the same network..... Shame on you food network!,

7. you-know-I'm-right says:

Good question. I dont know. I'm a viewer like you.
    The whole focus has changed. After losing Emeril, and hiring Guy Fieri, more and more it has become people who are already restaurant owner's or who have appeared on Chopped, Hell's Kitchen, etc. Thats not necessarily bad, but for myself, I did prefer to find home cooks or neighborhood people with amazing talent who were undiscovered gems. Was Sandra Lee ever on Iron Chef? I dont think so. And she is doing great, very successful, easy to follow and she's still here! If you could watch season 1 & 2, they are nothing like now. Of course, they will likely say that now is better. But its already getting too "iron-cheffy" and it shouldn't. It isnt the same show. With challenges becoming more like a kitchen-impossible mission, the contestants become more UN-relatable to us viewers they are teaching. The network acts as if they dont even notice.

8. azlorijayne says:

I enjoyed the show last year, but when I saw that Babooshka is competing this year, I'm not sure I will be able to watch. I saw her on Chopped and she annoyed me so much that I had to change the channel. How on earth did this dimwit make the final cut? God help us if she ends up the winner. I will never watch Food Network again should it turn out that way. I will rely on someone else to keep me updated until I she is eliminated. A show with her as the star would truly suck!

• Foodie says:

Who is Babooshka?

• ChoppedFan says:

Danushka Lysek...I watched her on Chopped too and found her to be beyond conceited, arrogant and haughty - when she wasn't acting slow-witted, she talked as though she had complete distain for both her competitors and for the judges, especially when she was voted out in the second round. I was shocked to see her as one of the finalists on FNS, and I also hope she gets cut soon...in my humble opinion, she is a waste of television airspace.

• larajf says:

They need a villain right?

• ken says:

The villain must know that viewers will not like them. Does the foodnetwork pay them extra money for doing this? Do they volunteer to be the villain?

• CVeraS says:

Don't they have to sign an agreement that they won't sue no matter how they are portrayed after the final editing ?

• Kelly says:

Amen! I cannot believe she could be chosen for the show after the performance on chopped. Is it Susie and Bob that make these decisions? What WERE they thinkin'?

• Diane says:

I totally agree with you azloijayne! She is annoying and that voice! I know she can't help that but there is no way I could listen to that for 5 minutes much less a 30-minute show!

• CJO says:

Amen!!!!!! She has the personality of a rock! Sooooo annoying! Would never watch a show with her in it!

• Lily says:

Dadushka was eliminated last night. whew!

• Cynthia nagle says:

I agree. But, more than her, I do not like one person left in this year's contest! If this is the last of the best 5 standing, then how awful was the field to pick from? Of course, Bobby and Giada, are so BUSY promoting themselves, they will pick someone that won't upend them. Love Alton, Guy, Steve, Sonny, Sandra, and Ina. wish someone like them was in the running.

• azlorijayne says:

I don't think any of them are star material. I can't believe they didn't have better choices when they were choosing the contestants. None of them can even cook anything good!

• azlorijayne says:

Also, it is obvious to me who the winner will be. I'll be shocked if i am wrong.

9. CLMF says:

Season 7 was by far the best in my opinion. I hope they don't have teams again.

10. Clifford says:

Last season, the winner often stared nearly unblinking into the camera with a mostly monotone voice. We don't want this season.

However, in the name of avoiding that, I hope FN doesn't make it all about just personality this year. The winner must also be a superior cook.