Star Scrapbooks: A Look Back

by in Food Network Star, July 25, 2012

Nikki Martin and Star Journals Season 8This game-changing season of Food Network Star kicked off with 15 finalists in New York City. Alton, Bobby and Giada each started with a team of five, and as challenges progressed week by week, we saw each team fall to four, to three, to two, to one — with the exception of Mr. Brown's team, which sent two contenders to the finale in an unexpected twist.

As finalists were sent home from the pitch room, they left behind their Star journals. Each of these notebooks offers a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse into a finalist's Star experience. Who made meticulous prep lists for every dish? Who wrote diary-like reflections about the competition? Who drew quirky, hilarious sketches to illustrate his anxiousness when larger-than-life Star alum Guy Fieri appeared on set? OK, that last one (pictured below) could only be the work of our newly crowned winner, Justin Warner.

Relive this memorable season with a look back at all 15 Star Scrapbooks.

Justin's journal

Justin Warner (Winner!)

Martie Duncan's scrapbook

Martie Duncan (Runner-up)

Yvan Lemoine (Runner-up)

Michele Ragussis (Runner-up)

Nikki Martin scrapbook

Nikki Martin (Eliminated Week 10)

Philip "Ippy" Aiona (Eliminated Week 10)

Martita Jara scrapbook

Martita Jara (Eliminated Week 9)

Malcolm Mitchell (Eliminated Week 8 )

Emily Ellyn (Eliminated Week 7)

Linkie Marais scrapbook

Linkie Marais (Eliminated Week 6)

Judson Allen (Eliminated Week 5)

Eric Lee (Eliminated Week 4)

Josh Lyons (Eliminated Week 3)

Kara Sigle (Eliminated Week 2)

Cristie Schoen (Eliminated Week 1)

If you missed the intense season finale or any of the action this season, catch up here with full episodes and online-only video extras.

See you next season, Star fans!

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Viennavegan says:

This season of FNS has a different post-season feel than others I've watched. I never checked the "blog" portion of the web site before, for example... But this time, I am really eager to hear more about Justin and Alton and to find out more about their upcoming show. While this blog entry isn't that interesting, I still keep checking back to see if there's any news. I hope FN will post new updates on all three: Justin, Alton, and their show, respectively. Thanks for a great season.

2. Susie says:

This is great! I love Justin and his notebook!

3. Ashley says:

I love how all of them have plans written out except for Justin. He's just so original and has a cute personality!

4. Cupcake Lover says:

Justin's notebook is hilarious. He has an awesome personality.
    And on the season finale, I thought Nicki was really mean to Emily. Some of the stuff she said was just rude.

5. I love JW says:

I LOVE JUSTINS NOTEBOOK IT'S SO FUNNY AND ENTERTAINING ITS KINDA LIKE The DIARY OF A WIMPY KID BOOKSIF ANY OF YOU HAVE READ THEM, RIGHT? IT'S LIKE EXACTLY THE SAME THING LIKE DRAWINGS OF CARTOONS EVERYWHERE AND LOTS OF FUNNY COMENTS OF THE WAY THINGS ARE ITS JUST FUNNY TO SEE THE MANY SIMALARITIES!

6. Bob Toren says:

I also thought Justin's notebook was as entertaining as he typically is, lots of funny and insightful comments!
    And looking at Martie's notebook you could see she was paying attention to her mentor, there were lots of notes written down related to Alton's coaching. Not surprised she was one of the most improved contestants when you compare where she was at the beginning of the competition to where she ended up towards the end.
    I think Nikki has a thing for Bobby.
    Still looking over the rest of the notebooks, it's a great idea sharing them with us!

7. Hey how are you doing? I just wanted to stop by and say that it's been a pleasure reading your blog. I have bookmarked your website so that I can come back & read more in the future as well. plz do keep up the quality writing

8. great... LOL it is great to see Justin's notebooks

9. Linda Hamburg says:

I have been looking forward to your show beginning.When will the first episode be aired? I knew the first time I saw you that you would be the winner.

10. Pink Paislee says:

Thanks and glad you enjoyed the post. You are totally right about doing only one thing at a time.