Caption It: A Look Back at the Season’s Best Moments

by in Food Network Star, July 20, 2012

Think back to this season’s Food Network Star premiere. For the first time, we were introduced to Team Alton’s quirky cast of characters, Team’s Giada’s little family unit and Team Bobby’s batch of no-nonsense cooks. Robert Irvine stopped by to present the first challenge, a Restaurant: Impossible-style mission that tasked the teams with opening their own restaurants on a limited budget. There were even on-stage acrobatics in that episode, thanks to Team Giada’s Josh, who began his presentation with an over-the-top somersault. It wasn't even long ago, but a whole lot has happened to those initial 15 finalists since then.

As you get ready to watch this Sunday’s finale episode and find out who you, the fans, picked to be our next Food Network Star, take a look back at where it all started. Find out more about Team Alton, Team Giada and Team Bobby and re-watch past full episodes or catch up on any that you missed. Hear from eliminated finalists, get exclusive interviews with guest judges, the mentors and more and flip through our photo gallery of the season’s most memorable moments.

Don't forget to check out the final four contenders’ pilot videos — on Sunday one of them will become Food Network’s newest show.

Before you tune in to the finale this Sunday at 9pm/8c, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this retrospective moment in the comments below.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Crystal Ball says:

Justin's win! one prediction down and Emily on a show.....waiting on that still. Hey I didn't put a timeline on anything. (This is only meant in fun.) Congrats to all.

2. juliebug04 says:

Carpet tripped me, man.............

3. RGRC says:

During the show, we didn't see much backbiting, but in the finale, The Network seemed eager to play up as much nastiness as possible. I did not like the finale for that reason. Everything about the final show seemed forced and awkward. Did anyone else notice the network president standing there all by herself as everyone milled around. And what was with Alton staring rapturously at Justin's larger-than-life poster? Weird. Just weird.

4. Henly5 says:

Happy that Justin won! Of all the contestants, to me he seemed the most interesting.

There are so many cooking shows on FoodNetwork and Cooking channel now, if I'm going to spend my limited time watching a cooking show, I want it to be interesting and hosted by someone who knows what they are doing.

5. cat says:

I was glad that Bobby spoke his mind, when asked about if they made a mistake about who was sent home. He said he thought that they made FOUR mistakes. He said TFN was supposed to be about cooking. So very true. For some reason I got the feeling that Bobby was not feeling this show,. I don't think he liked how the show was shaping up. Just my opinion. Some of the past food network hosts still have not learned
    how to play to the camera. They haven't had a food network"Star" since Guy Fieri.

6. Luna says:

Josh: Move. I'm gonna do a double backflip... Or half of a backflip. That works too.

7. mimzer says:

OMG WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD JOSH DO A FRIKIN SUMMERSAULT EVEN I FELT EMBARESSED

8. mimzer says:

AW!! MARTIE AND JUSTIN GO PERFECT TOGETHER!!! its just that shes like 20 something years older than him OH WELL!!!! :)

9. mizteedb says:

Charmin Sharmin, this is how my dog does it!!

10. Couldn't be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!