Caption It: A Look Back at the Season’s Best Moments

by in Food Network Star, July 20, 2012

Think back to this season’s Food Network Star premiere. For the first time, we were introduced to Team Alton’s quirky cast of characters, Team’s Giada’s little family unit and Team Bobby’s batch of no-nonsense cooks. Robert Irvine stopped by to present the first challenge, a Restaurant: Impossible-style mission that tasked the teams with opening their own restaurants on a limited budget. There were even on-stage acrobatics in that episode, thanks to Team Giada’s Josh, who began his presentation with an over-the-top somersault. It wasn't even long ago, but a whole lot has happened to those initial 15 finalists since then.

As you get ready to watch this Sunday’s finale episode and find out who you, the fans, picked to be our next Food Network Star, take a look back at where it all started. Find out more about Team Alton, Team Giada and Team Bobby and re-watch past full episodes or catch up on any that you missed. Hear from eliminated finalists, get exclusive interviews with guest judges, the mentors and more and flip through our photo gallery of the season’s most memorable moments.

Don't forget to check out the final four contenders’ pilot videos — on Sunday one of them will become Food Network’s newest show.

Before you tune in to the finale this Sunday at 9pm/8c, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this retrospective moment in the comments below.

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. Tammi says:

Marti: " I better not go on there! I'm too old to be somersaulting an' tripping 'cause I might break somethin'!" Judson: I can't see over there! What's everybody laughing about? One of my montras is "laughter plus love = good food." Ellen: When life gives you stumbles.........um....well you can't pickle stumbles. Am I the only one wearing retro rad red pants?

2. Jeans says:

These skinny jeans aren't working out too well.

3. Shoes says:

What, no Safety Step shoes?

4. Carpet says:

Way to pull the rug, uh carpet, out from underneath Josh Ippy! JJ!

5. alyssa says:

Ippy, I think that you are cool because I love that you are from Hawaii because I want to go there someday! I love to cook too at http://www.fivelittlechefs.com

• Carpet says:

Almost didn't recognize Ippy without his Hawaiian shirt. I miss Ippy too. Who doesn't want to visit Hawaii!

6. Barack Obama says:

Michelle: I'm a lesbian.

7. michelee obamaaa says:

LOL ;O

8. Grandma Joyce says:

I can't think of a clever caption but I do have some thoughts about this season I would like to share with the powers that be at Food Network.
    The pros of the team concept: thankfully, we did not see the degree of back biting as in some past seasons. We did see, for the most part, a sense of unity among the mentors and teammates.
    The cons: Because of the team concept, we saw talented persons sent home way too soon because because "it's your turn".
    Michelle and Martie are only in the final four because it wasn't their teams turn to be sent home. Ivan is very sweet and nice, but Ippy should be in the final round.
    Oh well, that is just my opinion, and I do thank you for letting me share my views.

• Ippy Fan says:

I agree. Ippy is the true star!

• LoveMyPapillion says:

Am I the only one that thinks...what is up with "Martie with the Party?" Sounds an awful like Aarti Party. Couldn't she have been a little more creative in her choice of titles for a show?

Sorry, don't mean to offend, but really!

• Sumay says:

I remember reading somewhere in the blog that she actually had that name a long time ago - as part of her business or something like that. For her, it's been a name she has used way before Aarti Party was developed. Just thought I'd share - in case you didn't read that somewhere.

• LoveMy Papillion says:

Thanks for the info Sumay, I didn't know that. It just seemed strange to me.

9. Jimmy B says:

This season's momorable moment : YYYEEESSS!!!!!! JUSTIN WON!!!

10. Maxine says:

I feel so happy for Justin.He won and he should be proud as this year's food network star.Im looking forward to visiting this website in these weeks to find out some of his recipies.I love how he cooks something simple and makes it out as a beautifu masterpiece of work.