Star Snacks: Viewing Party Treats From the Final Four

by in Food Network Star, July 17, 2012

Star Snack RecipesThe vote is now closed and it's just a waiting game until the newest Star winner — chosen by you! — is crowned in Sunday night's finale. In preparation for viewing parties across the country, Martie, Yvan, Michele and Justin each created an original snack recipe especially for their fans.

The final four learned a thing or two from Alton, Bobby and Giada during their successful Star runs — devoted fans could likely guess which POV-perfect snack belongs to each finalist just by looking at them. Martie goes with her twist on a party staple, chips and dip. Yvan parties family-style with a batch of empanadas. Michele serves up a New England spin on deviled eggs. And Justin creates a rebellious take on a favorite nacho cheese-flavored chip.

Check out our gallery of Star-worthy snacks and serve them at your viewing party to cheer on your favorite Food Network hopeful. And of course, don't miss the finale this Sunday at 9pm/8c!

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Cheese!!! says:

Like the nachos, clever! Can I bake the tortillas since the oven will already be on? Have to give it a try, thanks!

• Ippy Fan says:

I like the idea, but it takes too long to bake the cheese.

• Cheese!!! says:

I agree, eight hours is a tad extended for 1 cup of cheese and a lot electricity. I wonder if you can raise the oven temp (twice as high to 300) and bake in a shorter time? You could crisp the tortillas while the cheese is baking, save youself more energy.

2. Sheila says:

I'm sorry that I didn't get my vote in on time -- just watched the semi-fianal on demand today.
    It's going to be so tough but in the end, I would have voted for Michele -- she just may have the most potential and her New England food ?-- wanting more!
    I think Justin probably will win and while he is adorable, I don't like his cooking style/food. Again, Yvan is a cutie-pie but I'm not interested in family-style food and Martie? She's great but I live in the South and we "Yankees" (not my word -- but theirs) here are ignored/banned from any parties Martie/Party may have -- make no doubt about it.

• Sanita says:

Hi Sheila, I could not agree with you more. I can't count how many times I have been called a "Yankee",among other things. Where is that Southern warm welcome? If anyone from the South moved up North they would be welcomed. I guess we have the wrong accent. My husband and I are moving up North, I can't wait!!!! Not everyone we have met has been like that. I wish I had a dollar for every bumper sticker that said Yankee's go home Or We don't care how you did it up North!!! We have been here for twenty years, not much has changed. Maybe where you are thing will change. I hope so. God Bless Sanita

• Valerie says:

Are y'all kidding me? I've been a Southerner my whole life, I am 39 years old, and I've never, ever, EVER uttered the word "Yankee". It appalls me that y'all have been called that. Not all of us are like that, and I highly doubt Martie is either. I am truly sorry that you've not been able to experience the South for what it really is. The stigma attached to being Southern has always bothered me. Not sure where either of you live but I can't remember ever hearing any of my friends or family calling anyone a yankee.

• Sheila says:

Well, we live in Memphis with dozens of people who have called us Yankees -- it's the "F" word as far as we're concerned and we hear it every day. We certainly love the great entertainment here and much of what there is to do. Many people have been nice -- a few from the South.
          However, we have lived here for 10 years and have had dozens of people to our house -- Southerners. Never once have we ever been invited to their house for dinner. Christmas, Easter, whatever -- they may come here but if they don't, we spend holidays alone.
          Don't fool yourself -- Southern hospitality is over-rated. As the las woman said, we Northerners have a whole lot more hospitality in our little finger than a "Bless Your Heart" Southerner ever could!

• Sheila says:

Sanita -- check out my response to Valerie. I appreciate your words.

"Bless your heart" ---ha-ha-ha! Isn't that what they say here to insult you as a Yankee or otherwise when they are trying to be civil -- since the Civil War? God, who has talked about the Civil War since 1864 except our neighbors?

3. Kathy B says:

I didn't vote for Michelle, but I really want to try her deviled egg recipe. At the same time, though, husband's reaction was "of course - anything is better with lobster!"

4. Whining FN fan says:

IF THEY ELIMINATE ANY REMAINING CONTESTANTS THIS WEEK, I'M NEVER WATCHING FOOD NETWORK STAR EVER AGAIN THIS SEASON! AND I REALLY REALLY REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME!!!!!

• LHSSC says:

Well, since all four can't win, you lose. Only one of them will be the winner this year. Sorry.

Justin is just not appealing to me. If he wins, I'll take a look, but I find him difficult to watch and his recipe was not one that sounded or looked particularly good.
      Michele is my choice. She was having fun. Her recipe is exceptional and the whole thing made me want to see more of what she has to offer.

• bobbie says:

you lose...1 of the 4 will win

• Trollslayer says:

Do not feed the troll. He's mocking...

• Dirty Harry says:

Suck it up, punk.

5. Guest says:

Justin's Caesar salad.........I'd be nervous to tr it, but it looks delish! Yvan kinda lost it on the creativity factor. Martie and Michele...Eh, they're OK. I hope Justin won!

6. Kim says:

I'm really bummed I didn't have a chance to vote! I recorded the show as I am sure many did. There was no mention of when voting would be ... I would have watched yesterday! I will be even more disappointed if Michelle doesn't win. Ivan and Marty love you but been there done that; Justin love you but although entertaining just I wouldn't ever make or eat fish bones. Boo food network for not giving enough voting time ...

• Leigh Anne says:

Agreed, Kim.
      No mention of when the voting was going to occur and our family missed out on it as well. Hard choice this season! All great potential, but if I DID get a vote?? It would be Michelle.

• MCC says:

The online voting didn't work properly either. I tried it four times and it kept giving me a loading error. By the time technical support got back to me voting was closed. I did manage to vote by phone.

7. Ursula says:

I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to put my vote in. My vote was going to be for Justin as he just pushes the envelope to new highs. Yvan was my second choice, but hated the Mac and cheese. Yuk. To me that is a 50 cent dinner in a cardboard box. Yvan is much better to run the show himself and have the family in to enjoy the meal at the end. Michelle is hard and scary to look at, but her food and promo piqued my interest. Marty with a party.... well, nothing new. So sorry. Looking forward to seeing who will be next!!!

8. Sandra says:

I voted for Justin all the way! I want to be a Rebel

with a culinary cause right along with him!

YOU ROCK JUSTIN!!!!!! ;)

• Joyce says:

He is not the be end all.....I am disappointed if he wins it all....there are so many more talented chefs than Justin..............

9. Hans Katros says:

Still missing Ippy, but Justin has my families vote

10. bonesdujour says:

Michelle's recipe looks great!!!! I would love for either Michelle or Justin to win. They bring new ideas and new techniques to the Food Network. Justin is the Lyle Lovett of food; very interesting to watch, dry sense of humor and oh that big hair! Michelle is always enjoyable to watch. Martie is a women's magazine cook, nothing noteworthy about her dishes.

I'm definitely trying Justin's dish (in the winter time I'll leave the oven on all night and wake up to cheese powder almost done). Michelle's appetizer just might be the snack of choice for the finale.