Watch the Pilots and Vote!

by in Food Network Star, July 15, 2012

Ivan, Michelle and JustinThe decision is in your hands now, Star fans! Cast your vote online up to 10 times per day until 5pm on Tuesday.

Want a closer look at the pilots? Watch all four right here:

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

Comments (1,676)

1. Liliana Velasquez says:

I just can wait to see Justin cooking crazy stuff.
    Good luck:D

2. Tammy says:

Finally I got to watch the last episode and was so happy to see both Justin and Martie in the final group. I was very upset to see Emily go and I really hope Justin wins. I like both Justin and Martie, thought Michelle did a great pilot and it made me want to cook with seafood again, and I like Yvan, but Justin I would watch with my kids as we have watched Alton Brown in the past. Our family have been huge fans of Alton Brown and I can't wait to watch and start learning again with Justin. If he were chosen we would definitely be tuning in to see what he can teach us. I just can't say enough about how drawn to the tv my kids are when Alton's Good Eats is on. I see this as another learning opportunity combined with entertainment. Isn't that what we all loved in school, the teacher who made learning fun? The one who loved teaching so much and has so much to teach that we all wanting to be along for the ride and learned almost as a side benefit. That's what I want and what I want for my kids. I love food network's family oriented programing and love this learning focus that Justin brings back.

3. Paul Monti says:

I just can't vote for one of the finalist, as I want all four of them to have a show on the Food Network. I found each of the four finalist to be refreshing, entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable. And each one of their POV's is new and different.

Please just don't do one, give them all a show.

Paul in Seattle

4. Shari says:

I think Michele missed the boat on her pilot. New England POV offers the opportunity to create a really inviting lifestyle, set design, etc. That sad little restaurant looked like she was the only customer and the side view of her slurping the soup was unappetizing. The cooking set was disappointing, too. Sure, she was in New York City, but they could have gone to the beach or faked a New England cottage kitchen. Finally, the recipe was not very appealing or even very pretty when plated. I remember Bobby doing a New England clam bake one time and I still remember how great the food looked. I WANTED some. I love Bobby Flay, but I think he would have produced a better pilot if it had been Nicki grilling. I had planned to vote for Michelle but went with Yvan instead. Making a humble dish in a cast iron skillet with lots of family around was perfect.

• Anthony says:

You unselfish loser, Yvan over Michele, I can tell that you are a moron and truly know nothing about cooking at all.

Ask yourself, which meal is more healthier for you to eat?

Don't waste writing for trash can cooks as Yvan Lemoine is and will always be.

• Autumn says:

Sorry, but not only are you ignorant, she only shared her opinion based off of personality. It's people like you that never need to be involved in competition.

Yes, Yvan made awful food. But he's a better pick that Michele, if he finds his POV again. And everything that person said about Michele was right.

You have serious problems.

The fact is, Justin won. It isn't hard to tell.

5. Diane says:

Why is Michelle still on? She is gross to look at. I wouldn't eat anything she made with all her weird piercings and tattoos. Fast food plaes don't allow that. Ippy should have been in the final four, not the manly loud and obnoxious Michelle!

6. Abby114 says:

I would want to watch Yvan because he is adorable and fun and I would want to cook his dishes, and Michelle because I love seafood and I don't think seafood is well-represented. I want her to teach me! I split my votes half half. I think Ippy was my favorite though -- what a unique POV and infectious smile. If the network is reading -- give Ippy a show! Also, can we have some Asian cuisine on the network some time soon? How are there like 5 Italian shows and not even one good Korean or even general Asian cuisine show? Bobby cooking galbi on one episode of Boy Meets Grill just doesn't cut it.

7. jessie214 says:

Diane, you are spot on. Sunny's comment last week about Michelle's body language being "scary" ...well, I was just waiting for someone else to recognize what I have been seeing for 10 weeks. She looks too "frumpy, dumpty" ..and yes...looks do matter, its TV a visual medium after all.

8. Jersey says:

I can't believe how Ippy was cut. I always hear the judges complain about laid back or low energy communications styles among the contestants. I call bull.... If low energy is such a turnoff then how come the Barefoot Contessa is so successful??? She has got to be the most low-energy personality on all of TV.

• Autumn says:

I know, right? Barefoot Contessa is soooooo annoying, yet Ippy's laid back-ness was cute and very Hawaiian. They were trying to force him to change what made him him, and what we loved about him.

It's funny, because you can tell by the comments and thumbs ups--Justin won, with Yvan as a second, Martie as a close third, and MIchele as a far back last--but EVERYONE would have been happier with Ippy.

9. Unknown says:

Testing

10. RealiteBites says:

I'm soooo disappointed Martita and Ippy didn't make the viewer vote! Something's wrong with the process if the judges couldn't anticipate that they were two of the most popular contestants with fans. And Nikki was really, really unpopular.

I can't honestly say I'd watch a show starring any of the final 4, except possibly Michelle. Martie seems really nice, but the food she was cooking was never great, and her thoughts were always so scrambled and hard to follow.

Justin's food is WAY 'out there'.

And Ivan is forgettable.

I think the show really missed the boat with Martita and Ippy :(

• Autumn says:

Agreed on all counts.

Martie is JUST Paula and Sandra Lee's love child that talks way too much.