Caption It: Do They Like What They See?

by in Food Network Star, July 13, 2012

Susie, Anne, Jeff and SunnyAfter nine weeks of Star Challenges, Producers’ Challenge face-offs, last-minute secret ingredients, celebrity chef appearances and Miami beach parties, the competition comes down to this Sunday’s penultimate episode. The top six Food Network Star finalists, Ippy, Justin, Martie, Michele, Nikki and Yvan, have just one chance to strut their stuff and prove themselves worthy of a chance at stardom in a promo for their own Food Network show.

Who better to judge the finalists’ performances than a group of food-television pros, including Anne Burrell, last season’s Star winner Jeff Mauro and Sunny Anderson. Take a look at the sneak-peek shot above and notice Jeff’s slight smile and Anne’s and Sunny’s questioning eyes — do you think they like what they see? For which finalists will the Star dream end on Sunday, and who will be able to film their very own pilot programs?

Check out a video preview of Sunday night’s episode to get more behind-the-scenes footage.

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this telling moment in the comments below.

Then after Sunday's episode, the winner comes down to you, fans! Be sure to visit FoodNetwork.com/Star before Tuesday, July 17 at 5pm to cast your vote for our next Food Network Star. You can vote online up to 10 times per day.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Material's Defense says:

Martie is a lot more like Paula Deen than Artie. She's like a younger Paula Deen without the hilarious accent that Alton Brown can make fun of. Which Alton Brown is apt to do if asked about Paula Deen.

I like Justin Mostly because he seems to have the best format for creating a new type of show, sort of like how Good Eats was not your standard cooking show.

I'd probably vote for Michelle if Justin wasn't around, though.

2. barbara says:

I like Justin.He reminds me of when Guy was on the show.They both are refreshing and very different from everyone else.Oh and I've always liked Alton Brown too.

3. Linda says:

Justin is on:

Sunny: Tell me he did not say "munching on fish bones" YUK!

Jeff: Yep, he did

Ann: No Comment

Suzie: Why is he still here? We should have kept Emily and booted this guy long ago!!

4. guest 7 says:

Hey loyal fans of terrific eliminated Stars, consider giving your vote to YVAN! Thanks.

• Hot Sauce Granny says:

I agree! If you haven't yet, honey, please go back a page or two and read my first comment about why YOU should choose Yvan!

5. txmom says:

I actually thought Nikki was a good contestant. Her presentations were good, her timing was good, and Bobby said her food was good. I am not sure why no one liked her, but I have a clue. In her videos she said that Bobby was her "inspiration", and that she, "Wanted to do her best to impress Bobby." I think she had more than one reason for applying to Food Network Star, and that reason had nothing to do with cooking food.
    Bobby is clearly a professional, and he doesn't need the drama. Neither do the viewers. I am glad with the judges' decision to eliminate Nikki.

• Wiliam says:

what are you implying? all of these contestant had chef/mentor inspirations. people like to hate omn the pretty girl, plain and simple. nothing deeper than that.

6. Hot Sauce Granny says:

These comments are mostly smart-sounding. I like how everyone has reasons for their opinions, but still, no one has been able to change my mind yet! Since I don't have a Facebook account, I convinced all three of my grandchildren, Tracy, Mitchell, and Hunter, who all have heir own accounts, to vote for Yvan. At first they were reluctant, you know youngsters these days! They all agreed although Hunter wanted Justin to win, but said that Yvan was definitely his second choice, so they all agreed with me to vote for Yvan ten times a day on Facebook, only as long I made them lots of their favourite kind o my cookies, AND talked their mother, my daughter, into lettin them eat them in their loft beds that they love so much, and letting them be on the computer over an hour a day, which is the usual rule, so they can b on facebook for longer. As a reward to show my thanks, I'm goin to buy them each some interesting, youngster style things for heir belovd lot beds.

• Material's Defense says:

Buy them vidja games!

• Hot Sauce Granny says:

Oh, honey, if you haven't noticed by my name (Hot Sauce Granny) and my talk about my youngster grandchildren, I'm actually quite far into my old ages! Although, these "vidja" games sound like something the funky youngsters these days would use! What are they, exactly?

7. Hot Sauce Granny says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUSTIN WON?????????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH I'M JUST SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!