Poll: Who’s the Most Improved Star Finalist?

by in Food Network Star, July 11, 2012

Who's the Most Improved Star Finalist?Think back to almost 10 weeks ago when we first met this season’s 15 Food Network Star hopefuls. As a group, they were a bit timid, unsure of the whole cooking-in-front-of-a-camera-for-famous-people thing, but extremely eager to prove themselves and their cooking chops to their mentors and the network. Thanks to the mentoring of Alton, Bobby and Giada, each contestant had the opportunity to grow as a cook and potential television personality, though some finalists’ stays at Star were too short-lived to benefit from their advice. The remaining six finalists, however, have enjoyed a month and a half of constructive criticism and countless chances to show their progress toward stardom, and this Sunday, Ippy, Justin, Martie, Michele, Nikki and Yvan will have a final few moments to demonstrate their improvement and promising Star potential in a promo for their would-be Food Network show.

Tell us: Which of the remaining Star finalists is the most improved contender?

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. Trish says:

I just finished watching the promos of the last 4 contestants. I agree that Martie is tiring with her "southern drawl" and she is nothing more than a Paula Deen wanabe. Wouldn't watch her show if she's the winner. Michele is just plain boring. I've said it before, can't stand to watch her with her piercings and classless dress. Isn't appearance important when you have a TV show? I don't see any of the other FN stars with their own shows dressing like Michele. PLEASE don't give either Michele or Martie their own show, you would lose a lot of viewers in my family and our circle of friends. I liked Yvan's promo the best. Justin's promo seemed flat to us. He's been the most consistent throughout, but I think Yvan has come a long way. I vote for Yvan, hope you will to!

2. Trish says:

I find it interesting to have read some of the comments about Michele and other constestants that have been on several other cooking shows? Are the "professional cooking show constestants". How many chances to they get?? I am coming to the conclusion that the network is promoting the person they have already picked for the winnner. Don't think we will watch any more Food Network shows. My husband has said from the beginning that the outcome was already decided. Frankly, this season's show is really ho-hum. I honestly don't think any of the constestants were truly dynamic or interesting.

3. Trish says:

Sorry.......I just noticed I spelled contestants wrong, 4 times!! I think my fingers have dyslexia!!

4. Nicky says:

It is nice to see Michele and Yvan to be the finalists. I am a BIG fan of Chopped and I remember years back when they both were on Chopped.. I think Justin will win the overall..

5. Marty says:

There needs to be a new show that has a different twist to entice people that don't usually watch food network. I primarily voted for Justin, but think Michele and Yvan have offerings for alot of people too.

6. pattistarz says:

Martie did not explain how to prepare the pickling...that's the main part of the recipe.

7. nancy says:

I think the concept for the next food network is played out. the only food network star winner that i watch is Guy. do the winners before him even have shows still? All the rest i can't watch. I think the finalists this year are not star quality. Michelle looks very uncomfortable in front of a camera. Seafood gets to be boring if that is all she is. And I will probably tire of New England fare if that is what she is all about. Martie seems confused and lost in thought. she talks to much about nothing and seems to get sidetracked and flustered. Ivan talks way to fast shich makes him hard to listen to. Justin seems full of himself. He didn't seem to care that paula and suzi burned their tastebuds off with the corn soup he made. He didn't even mention (at least not on air) the chili oil he dropped on top and the fact that it should be stirred before eating. I don't think I will watch any of the shows from whom ever wins.

8. Stephanie says:

I think Martin would have had a great food network show I voted for her

9. xamthone says:

Poll: Who’s the Most Improved Star Finalist, Keep spirit...