Poll: Which Eliminated Finalist Would You Bring Back?

by in Food Network Star, July 5, 2012

We’ve seen your Tweets, Facebook posts and blog comments, and we know that some viewers are frustrated, confused and downright angry about particular eliminations from the past eight episodes. One Food Network Star fan went so far as to write that the network “made the worst decision ever” in sending home Team Alton’s Emily.

It’s the nature of the Star beast that even in the very first week of the competition someone must be eliminated. Still, you can’t help but wonder if that first person and others sent home later could have improved, and proven themselves real contenders, if they stayed longer. After all, maybe they just needed a few extra days to adjust to the demands of shooting. Perhaps they would have benefitted from more time with their mentors.

If you could, which eliminated finalist would you bring back?

Who’s your favorite finalist still in the running? Don’t forget to cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

A Letter to Damaris, from the Rebel

1. GUEST says:

SOMEONE IS RUNNING MACROS TO RUN UP THE VOTE FOR KARA (WHO?) AND LINKIE.
    I FIND IT ODD THAT THEY HAVE HARDLY ANY REMARKS FOR THEM AND YET HAVE HALF THE VOTES EMILY HAS. IT DOESN'T PASS THE SMELL TEST. KNOCK IT OFF GUYS, IT'S PATHETIC AND DESPERATE. NEITHER OF YOU WILL EVER BE ASKED TO RETURN.

• Costas says:

I have been watching that and it seems like they are running dueling bots or perhaps someone likes them both. Clearly the anecdotal evidence does not match the numbers. Some simpleton things numbers means a job. Wake up. If they brought someone back based upon fraudulent numbers, they would crash and burn. Very slimy.

2. Donna says:

Emily is real and has always been the funny good-humored girl, everyone loved. S
    he has worked hard to get to this place in her life. Emily deserves real shot at this !!

3. Laura Rios says:

I agree that the Food Network seems to throw people in front of a TV camera with very little preparation way too early. How about some warm-up time? I know they want people to hit the ground running, I get that, but a few more "dress rehearsals" wouldn't hurt anyone. There are some people who would have been eliminated the first week if it wasn't for their premise, or POV. I won't mention any names (Ippy) but you don't keep someone in the competition just because no one's done an island-style show yet...

4. vanessa says:

EMELY!!! I wish she was still on the show. I enjoyed her demo's and she was able to make the best of what she had. I want her back! maybe to late but I think it was a wrong decision to send her home.

5. vod hatch says:

When I first saw this poll, I knew that Bob and Suzie were getting a lot of calls, emails and texts from angry viewers. In their attempt to "manage" the volume of complaints and get some relief, they had someone create this meaningless poll. The voting is over and I'm sure they are proud of the resulting peace and quiet they now have. Let me say one more time for Bob and Suzie "YOU WERE BOTH ASSHOLES FOR CUTTING EMILY SO WRONGLY"!
    Here's hoping someone tells them about this one.

6. Lori says:

FN was completely STUPID for eliminating Emily. She was the greatest and should be in the finals. I almost stopped watching.

7. Kortney says:

The FINALE is 1 day away!! Please Food Network BRING EMILY BACK ON HER OWN SHOW!!

She is a gem that yes needed polishing, but now (after I have watched her news appearances is well ahead of the others)...she is VERY DESERVING!

PLEASE do not pul a TV reality move and "justify" why you voted her off by looking her bad to elevate the winner - PLEASE CELEBRATE THAT SHE HAS TOUCHED LIVES AND WE HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE!

TELL HER STORY, SHOW CASE HER AND LET OUR VOICES BE HEAR - WE VOTE HER FOR FAN FAVORITE!!

Emily Ellyn IS America's Sweetheart!!

8. mary kate says:

emily ellyn was obviously eliminated because they needed to thin out team alton so they could all go into the penultimate episode with two per team
    although i liked the "drama" of the teams this season, i was worried from the beginning it would come down to one contestant per team. what if the best two were on the same team? so not fair.

9. AltonBrownisAwesome says:

EMILY was the best, I love how nikki's ms. tough girl 1 minute and putting flowers on plates the next, she was the most interesting and I totaly agree with guest

10. Catherine says:

Emily all the way! She never should have been sent off that early. The new format was somewhat interesting but it was obvious that the executives were making choices to keep the teams even. The format would have worked should the best been kept regardless of which team they were on or if it took a team out prior to the finale. It definetly would have kept the integrity of the show.