Justin Keeps the Lead

by in Community, Food Network Star, July 2, 2012

Justin Warner

Justin Warner is holding strong in the weekly Fan Vote with 31% of your votes. Longtime leader Martita Jara is still a close second at 29%, and her teammate Ippy Aiona has fallen to 17% but still hangs on to third place. With just two weeks to go until our Finale Vote — where you, the fans, will decide on our next Food Network Star — will Justin continue to impress the judges with his outside-the-box food and rebel-rousing ways?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day.

Check out the complete list of Week Seven Fan Vote results:

Fan Vote results

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. Yogi says:

Happy July 4th to everyone out there. Have a safe and happy holiday. Enjoy!!!

• Brenda says:

Happy fourth to you too Yogi!!! Have fun and be safe :)

• Whining FN fan says:

I can't enjoy the holiday because the Food Network was so mean in eliminating my favorite contestants. This holiday and the rest of Life is ruined forever!

• Food Fan says:

....and that, is why people drink beer on the 4th of July.
        All is not lost.
        You'll find a way....to go on.
        What if they came back? Who knows? maybe the Great Pumpkin really will rise outta the pumpkin-patch.
        And besides, even if they're gone, there's always re-runs. (nudge, nudge).

2. Jr_kassie says:

Go Justin!

3. GeofreyD says:

Honestly I don't really see how Ippy was much different this week compared to others. He doesn't seem to pep up much still and grab your attention. The only real difference was the fact that he was at the beach and tied it into his spiel about his POV. It seems like they gave him a freebie. Martita still confuses me as to why she is still on the show.
    The one thing I don't like about this season is how predictable it has become. Its obvious now that they are setting up the finale to be just one person from each team rather than the top 2 or 3 regardless of team. Team Giada seems to be handed freebies left and right.

4. LHSSC says:

To be fair, I would LISTEN to justin's show if he wins.He might have some interesting food to share. But his appearance is very unappealing and I find him very difficult to look at. That hair wouldn't be so bad, but PLEASE get rif of the lipstick.

• Monte says:

How do you know it's lipstick? Answer: You don't.

• LHSSC says:

Well, I might not KNOW, but it sure looks like it . It's shiny and the colour changes from show to show and when there is a day or more difference between the start and the end of an episode. As you observe, I may be mistaken, but I don't think so in this particular instance

• SilverScribe says:

And I'll bet neither do you.

On one camera aside this week, Justin either forgot his lip gloss or the makeup folks powdered his natural redness down to a more natural looking shade. Either way, it's distracting but appearances aside, I wouldn't watch his show because although his food is very unique and avante-garde, it just isn't anything I'd prepare or serve. Period.

• tr15h64w says:

He, Justin, was blatantly asked on one of the first shows...You can watch those episodes on the FN site. He admitted that he is wearing something on his lips.

5. logic says:

I actually would like to see more qualified stars, as opposed to amateurs who don't understand why they do what they do.

I would like the stars to give us recipes that tell you things you can substitute for ingredients that are not easily found or very expensive. I would also like them to say what the difference in the final product will be if you substitute.

I am not interested in people who just make whatever their comfort foods are and who do not have the knowledge to explain what they are doing and why.

I think Alton Brown would make a great producer because he would have his "star" explain things, like he did on Good Eats. I hope Justin wins!

I used to like Emeril and Mario Batali when they were on. I like Ann and Ina, now. Aside from reruns on Good Eats that is about all I like. I am not interested in watching people eat in restaurants no matter how "off the hook" they think they are. I also do not care about personal stories or drama.

I think there could be more culinary diversity (Chinese, Vietnamese etc.) too but I would like to know the "right" way to do it and then about substitutions and the subsequent results. I don't just want dumbed down recipes with no context and a bunch of emoting.

• LovesSun says:

I like the way you think. Show me cooking. Show me substitutions I can make. I don't care about drama (my life has plenty, thanks, keep the chef's out of it.) I watch very few shows, but follow chefs I like to whatever they are doing.

6. logic says:

I think the poster meant they should get a FNS from the show chopped. This is not the same is having the current participants imitate chopped. The poster wants Chopped quality candidates, I think.

7. Pat says:

It is so fucking hard to figure how to post on this site. It really sucks.

8. Pat says:

Jaysus, all you people. Maybe you can eat, but you sure can't spell or write coherently. What a bunch of cr*p on this site.

9. Knoxeema says:

Justin's lips are disgusting! I won't watch that faggot!

10. SilverScribe says:

So Nikki dodges the bullet YET AGAIN after serving food that not only the adults didn't like, but the kids weren't crazy about either. Something is rotten in the State of Denmark . . .

I'm beginning to think the entire thing is definitely rigged. So, rather than sweat the petty things (and definitely not gonna pet the sweaty things), I think I'll just sit back with a big ol' vat o' popcorn and watch the fake, phoney circus act unfold. What the heck, why not? The paint on my porch is already dry . . .

• Guest says:

Nikki's Pinterest page calls Bobby Flay her "mentor and producer," leading some commenters on Aarti's blog to speculate that she has already won and is getting her own show. So maybe the whole thing is rigged after all (though I have no idea how they could get away with declaring the perennially LEAST popular contestant the winner).