Caption It: Shopping Woes

by in Food Network Star, June 29, 2012

On Sunday night the eight remaining finalists leave their home-away-from-home in the Big Apple and head south for the sunny skies of Miami. This trip, however, won’t exactly be a tropical vacation — they’re challenged to cook for and present in front of Food Network superstar Paula Deen and her son Bobby Deen.

Team Bobby’s Nikki was among the bottom three last week, having failed to impress the press with her uncharacteristic “delicate and sophisticated” POV and dish of grilled scallops, which Bob Tuschman called “sour and bitter.” She did manage to redeem herself, though, in the Producers’ Challenge with a solid camera presentation and tasty classic burger. Will the “Grill Next Door” have what it takes to withstand the heat of South Beach, or will she melt under the pressure of paradise?

In this sneak-peek shot, Nikki’s patience seems to be tested as she indulges in a little retail therapy at Target. Is she ready to scream into a pillow or will she be able to keep her composure in the housewares aisle?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this meltdown moment in the comments below.

A Letter to Damaris, from the Rebel

1. Guest says:

"If only I had studied interior decorating instead of neurobiology at Harvard!"

2. Donna says:

Grilling is FUN! Shopping, Ouch!!

3. Dee says:

Kudo's to Ippy, Justin, and Evan!!! Good job cooking and excelling at the challenge given. I would watch any of their shows. I love Ippy's laid back island personality. Justin is so creative. Is he the new ALton Brown? Evan is just too cute and smiley. He makes things I would eat. As a mother and a teacher I don't appreciate the comment or attitude about cooking for kids that Nikki brought to the show. Did anyone else notice that Nikki did not actually complete the challenge???? She did not alter her cooking for the children. So how come she is still on the show?

4. loridenise7 says:

What's that....a mirror? OMG, I am NOT A GRILL!!!

5. jan says:

why is she still here,Nikki just dont have it, way to many mistakes,left go?????

6. Louise says:

I can't believe Ippy is still there in lieu of Martita? I would not watch him. While I appreciate him being laid back too dull for T.V.

7. Sumay says:

"I feel like I'm on an episode of chopped. Really??!! A pillow, a placemat - how am I supposed to grill these things?"

8. [undisclosed] says:

"Oh, drat, the pillows that I'm going to use to show my practical side won't fit on my plate."

9. lovefood says:

still don't like Nikki....why is she still on...Marita...Nikki...I prefer Marita. Bobby, you picked a sour grape!