Bob and Susie Are Listening!

by in Food Network Star, June 29, 2012

With just three weeks to go until a Star winner is crowned, Bob and Susie have some big decisions ahead — but they also want to know what YOU think. After all, they want the new Star to be someone who you're eager to watch every week, someone whose stories draw you in and whose recipes you can't wait to give a try. That's why you, the fans, will be determining this year's Star winner in our Finale Vote.

In the comments, let Bob and Susie know what you think about who went home and who's still in. They're all ears.

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

Comments (1,747)

1. Marion says:

Man, FN just does not get it. If FN really want to know what WE think, they would have been reading the nearly 1000 comments already posted, not telling us to post comments now! In response to this lame PR attempt to keep us watching, I say back to Bob & Susie some of their own sound bites..."I think there's a little BS artist in you" and "I find your words hollow".

• Frank Demeo says:

There's been crying after EVERY elimination. The Emily comments were just whinier. Nothing special.

• Guest says:

I really don't like u frank your annoying

• Priya says:

I agree with Frank. I didn't find it shocking that Emily was cut.

• Frank Demeo says:

I take it you meant "You're annoying."?

I'll let it slide this time, though. Perhaps your lack of correct grammar is indicative of your choice for FNS and explains your dislike for anything Martita. Hmmmmmm.....

• Isle says:

Nerd!

• aaa says:

Frank, you sure have some lame grammar skills for a self-proclaimed genius. You're not a very good troll, either.

• John says:

If this whole Emily thing were just a few people whining, then why did her post get WAY more comments after her elimination? Why is it that every post giving her good words has a ton up up-votes, while most bad comments have accumulated a ton of down-votes? Why have their been numerous attempts to show the fans that "the network is listening" after her elimination?

Frank, it's not that a few people are whiners, it's that a LOT, as in more than any other elimination, as in a large chunk of the viewers, ARE UPSET.

By the way, how does somebody making a grammar mistake indicative of anything FN related? I guess you're voting based on who can teach you how to spell better, not who can teach you about FOOD better. Get over yourself.

• Food Fan says:

You're leaving out some glaring differences.
        In Josh's case, did he wanna be a Cook, or rock-out with his band? Look at the reaction when he left.
        And then, contrast it, with the fan-reaction when Emily left. It just isnt the same at all. No comparison. What people were (very largely) saying, was different. The strength of their saying it, was different. And the amount of people saying it was different.
        Most of the people writing in here agreed with Bob & Susie about some of the early contestant being eliminated and praised them for sending home the RIGHT people! The "crying after every elimination" is NOT the same.
        Its just too easy, to write it off as "whining." They had REASONS to whine---and they weren't shy about posting them. No one else this season has gotten the rapid, massive response that Emily has got. At least with Eric, and Linkie, we could understand why they were eliminated. Sending Emily home for one bad night, compared with Nikki and Martita, just didnt make sense to alot of viewers. And they said so! It isnt just whining.

• Food Fan says:

(replying to Frank)...

• LLM says:

FoodFan: Well said. Josh annoyed the h*ll out of me--I clapped when he went home. Emily will be remembered. She was unique and interesting, and I can see her co-hosting a show with Guy in the future. Seriously--that would rock.

• sarah says:

just look at all the thumbs down you get. obviously most aren't with you.

• Clint says:

Don't even get me started on that damn BS Artist Comment... that "ish" still boils my blood! That was just wrong on so many levels.

• FanFare57 says:

Marion: I love your comment and I heartily agree with you. Bobby-Sue will do whatever they please irregardless of viewer demand.

• Rosiegirl333 says:

I was really hoping that Justin, Emily, and Ippy would be the last three standing.
      I was very, very disappointed to see Emily go last week. Shocked, actually. I loved her point of view, and wish that she was coached in a way that worked for her to make her more comfortable on the camera.
      Let Ippy 'Be' - he is who he is!!! I feel like you are forcing people to be 'not themselves' and then they are criticized/knocked off for trying to change..... I find that way disappointing and 'corporate'. I'm in the corporate world myself, but watch FoodTV to 'get away. Develop His talents instead, please!
      If Justin doesn't win, I think I'll lose all faith in the show that I've been watching since the beginning. It is a no-brainer in my opinion.
      Any why are Martita, Nikki, Martie still on? Nikki gets on my nerves, Martie is sweet but how could you have kept her over Emily? And Martita - no way.

• Jewels says:

Rosiegirl,
        I agree totally about Ippy. They need to just leave him alone and let his laid back Hawaiian personality shine. There are enough over the top cheflebrities on Food Network. And most of them are done to death.

If I see more DDD and Chopped I am going to be literally ill. Let someone new with a different POV and personality come on and show what they can do.

But we all need to understand, this is about money. Advertisers and ratings. FN knows what works and what makes the most money for them. Anything else is not going to line the coffers with gold. Which makes me question the pick of Melissa D'Arabian. I believe they thought she was the next "Rachael Ray". But how horrid is she...yikes.

And it would surprise me if Michelle doesn't win. She is the female counterpart to Guy Fieri. Guy was so my favorite and now he has been over exposed that I can't watch any more DDD's. Which is a shame. I used to love it.

two cents.

• Select3 says:

Hello Bob and Susie! I am a FNS watcher for a long time. I would watch Martie on her own show before the others.

Martie is someone down to earth, easy to listen to , and someone that I would invite over to fix a meal for me.

Voting for Martie!! Come on Alton, don't be such a downer!!

• Horatio says:

I also think Martie is by far the best! I've been supporting her all along as my first choice. Second choices: Justin and Emily.

Go Martie!

• Junebug says:

Agreed

• Lainer says:

Wow Marion - I totally agree with you! The title said "Bob and Susie are Listening". The first thing that came to my mind was - BS! Actually it was something else but I will be polite so this gets posted... (it was more of a Quentin Tarantino type of response)

• super bummed says:

really sad with one of our family favorites that Ms. Retro went home and Martita (whose POV is not new, over played, and boring) has 30 seconds .... THIRTY SECONDS where she cannot get it together. Almost don't want to make it that family thing. Will wait one more week. Way bummed.

• madaev says:

I so agree. I really cannot stand Martie Dunkin, She insulted my home state of Pennsylvania a few weeks ago. I currently live in North Carolina and Have for 23 years. I do not personally know anyone that acts like she does. Mark my words - they will put her into the end and Food Network - You insult me, buy thinking I am uneducated!!!!

• LLM says:

madaev, I'm all for your POV. But if you want someone to know you're not uneducated, at least spell the word 'by' correctly. And Pennsylvania rocks! Got an in-law who does the news out in that state. Got even more in-laws out in North Carolina. (Loveliest accent in the US.)

• TheTidesofWar says:

What a Bogus call on Michelle. She made a friggin OJ and cran with rum and was able to stay?? My God!

What not just say I am mailing it in, I have a "New England" "POV" and pop open some Sam Adams Lager for the judges?

• easternli says:

I have to agree. This is the last time that I watch this show. It is not honest. When a viewer can pick the person that is going to be eliminated ten minutes into the show based on comments that are made even by the guest "Chefs" something smells. The person that FN wants to win is Martie or whatever her nane is. She is not charming she is boring I will never watch her show. The young guy "The rebel " FN will find a home for him. Your words are really hollow.

• Chad says:

Sorry Marion. I fat fingered the dislike button. I liked your post and agree.

• Jen and Dan says:

Marion good point - Bob said Malcom was one of the best chefs they ever had but yet still let them go. My husband and I have been avid fans of this show, but it's become very clear to us that the FOOD NETWORK does not care about FOOD. It cares about POV. Why else would they send Malcom or any other chef home that they rave about being great chefs. Lets just call it a season and give Justin the prize which he clearly deserves for having a great POV but yes he CAN cook too! Next year PLEASE screen people for POVs beforehand so we can get on with the FOOD!

• FunSized says:

Yes, the food is VERY important, but personally I wouldnt watch Malcolm because he's boring. As much as the food is important, they still need to be a TV personality.

• Dot says:

Ethnic type of cooking shows have not faired well on the food network. Simply Deliciouso, Arti Party have not done well, I don't even think Arti is on any more, with only a year or so of air time. Giada changed her show name to Giada at home, so Italian is not the main focus. There are no Asian cooking shows, hispanic shows,Hawaiian shows, REAL ITALIAN food shows--Food Network is so whitebread. THey put Big Daddy on at 7:30 am and the Nealy's are not on any more. MARTI will win, but she will not do so well. Her knowledge of food is limited to her throwing parties for her friends in the South.

• janeen says:

Dot-we are on the same page. There are no ethnic food shows on Food Network. The few they've had were on way too early. No Primetime slots. Will no longer be watching food newtwork too much Bobby, Alton, Giada, Rachel, Paula & her kids. How many shows do they need? Thought the channnel was suppose to be about food.

• LLM says:

The Neelys and Sunny are on in the afternoon here. Otherwise...you're right. I'd really like to see Aarti on in the afternoons as well. Miss Spice and Easy and wish they'd put an Ingredient Smuggler type show with Jeffrey Saad on.

• Guest says:

Michelle is the worst! Shells in food is unacceptable!

• Padefault says:

I am watching this - and I regularly watch FoodNetwork. I am rooting for Justin. But I absolutely cannot stand Martita - she drives me crazy. Frankly, at this point so does Giada - and I liked Giada before I started watching this new program. But Martita - is incredibly annoying. I don't know what else to say. If you don't choose Justin, so be it. Just, please - do not choose Martita - I, for one, would never watch her show. I do agree with Marion - I have the feeling this may all be pre-ordained. I can live with everyone but Martita.

• Minna says:

In watching the show tonight, I was very disappointed in the results, due to the fact that Michelle did not follow the instructions of the challenge. The challenge was supposed to be ". . . why only you could have invented it." (referring to the beach cocktail) Michelle made a drink she was familiar with called the Manitucket (sp?) Mystery. This was not an original cocktail; it was one she had had in Nantucket. Whereas, Malcolm created/invented one from memories of his mom's apple cobbler. His was an "original," one he actually "invented," as the challenge intended.

I know that the judging covers many areas, but seriously, Michelle had presented a dish that had to be taken away from the guests, and the judges were "afraid" (their words) to eat. In the challenge, she did not follow the directions; she served an existing cocktail, not an original. I just can't fathom how she could possibly have been chosen the victor.

I don't know if this will even be read, or if you care what your viewers think. Regardless, I felt I had to write the Food Network to express my disappointment in the unfair outcome of Sunday's The Next Food Network Star program. I do not feel that it was a fair judgement.

Sincerely,

Minna

• brenda says:

Food Network has turned into a lot of rubbish!!! we are sick to death of Triple D and all the other rubbish shows!!!!!!!!!! can we please get back to basics? like a real cooking show!!! where have they all gone????
      I rarely watch any of these "reality" shows, they are all a load of garbage!!!!! please go back to the beginning and give us some REAL cooking shows!!!!!!

• Monte says:

The "real" cooking shows they've moved to Cooking Channel, owned by the same company.

• Angie says:

The Cooking Channel has the same junk on....Bring back the educational, relaxing, entertaining shows...without all the noise and hype and staging! Very sad!

• Angie says:

Totally agree. I hope someone is reading these posts! Get back to your original focus, that's what made this network a success. Too much junk on this network. Bring back the cooks and cooking!!!

• MusicalYoshi says:

Sorry Marion for posting in your reply box but I couldn't figure out how to make my own comment.

Martita: she doesn't really have anything to offer. I would not watch her show. I would have watch Emily or Eric's show. I think it's ridiculous that they kept Ippy over Eric. Eric can cook and he was interesting to watch and his his "everything handcrafted" point of view was great. Ippy is boring to me. It's nice that he wants to be himself, but he can be himself somewhere off of television. Also, I don't like when people get by SOLELY on their "oh I cook Hawaiian food" or "oh I cook Mexican food" ideas. I would watch Justin, Michele, Martie, or Nikki's shows. I'm not sure why people don't like Nikki. I think her competent type personality is different than anything on Food Network now to be sure. I don't think Justin or Michele winning really needs to be explained. They are both very interesting and have something new to offer to Food Network. Martie is one of those "I could watch her show even if she wasn't cooking just to hear her tell stories like Paula Deen types." Seriously, what actual food star does 30 one take promos without editing? I also feel like the whole judging via team effort was a bad idea. People who should not have stayed were saved and people who should have stayed were put up for elimination because their "team didn't win." And Giada's team got soooo many favors. So Bogus. Anyway....Food Nework please pick an actual good winner this time. Guy Ferri was the last and only good winner and that's really sad.

• Hilsh says:

Nailed it Marion.

• nananana says:

totally agree... and with respect to this week's episode... are you kidding me??? I can only imagine the hysterics that Alton, Bobbie and Giada would display if anything ever went wrong with their shoots. Sorry FN -- last season for me..probably last episode. Very disappointing

• SFSteveS says:

I totally agree ... they do NOT want to know what the viewers think ... they don't CARE what the viewers think ...

last year, we got a 'winner' whose show is unwatchable and I think they know it ... it's on before anyone even gets up on a Sunday morning ... and it's about sandwiches !!! what the hell is up with that ???

My take is that minds were made up in advance of the 'competition' and the game is simply being played out until the predetermined 'winner' will be announced ...

count me as being one who will no longer watch this show and who will be quite wary of watching the show featuring the contestant I believe is slated to be the 'winner' this year ... if I'm right, and I'd bet money that I am, the new 'star' will be as unwatchable as the goofball they stuck us with last year.

• Former fan says:

I agree. I think that they completely ruined the show by setting up three teams headed by 3 network stars. It seems like they might have been trying to fix it due to the negative response but they failed dismally. Maybe we should get some net network executives.

• carol says:

I know you can only have one winner, but I believe you should have two Marti and Justin, they seem to make a good pair and I would surely watch. I watch faithfully

• Angie says:

Very, Very, Very disappointed in your programming....too many reality shows. Bring back the cook and cooking. So tired of hype and staging and script programming. What happened to the relaxing, informative shows that made this network what it is today. And, Bring Back Paula Deen too! What has happened to the shows that were enjoyable....there are too many new shows filled with noise and junk. This network has lost sight of it's focus!!! Bring back the cook and cooking!!!

2. Christine says:

Hi Bob and Susie,
    First, I have thoroughly enjoyed this year's Next Food Network Start with it's different competitive style. The switch up really made a difference for the better. Second, I don't completely understand why Emily was sent home; I have a couple of ideas; however, she is so much more superior to Nikki and Martita whom keep delivering the same thing every week and don't appear to learn over time from their mistakes. I thought that the both of you are looking for something "different, noticeable, talented, authentic and marketablel." Well, Emily certainly delivered that; as a viewer, I don't want more of the same that Nikki and Martita serve up; I want spark, creativity and warmth. So, extremely disappointed with that decision. Having said that, boy, do I hope Justin or Michelle wins. Spunky, a little pizzazz, creative food, and a bit of wit..:) Thanks for listening, Chris

• lukebandit says:

GO JUSTIN GO MICHELLE!!!

• Heather says:

I agree with Christine - I was very disappointed when Emily was sent home - but I am excited about Justin and Michelle.

• Shirl says:

I also agree with CHristine. I was very sad when Emily went home and I thought her POV would have made a great show to watch. I also love Justin and Michelle.

• Jen says:

Christine, i think you summed it up perfectly. I totally agree with you re: Emily, Justin and Michelle. Bob and Susie, if you're listening, please pick the right food network star.

• dorothy says:

Absolutely agree. I woudn't watch any of the remaining contestants shows except Michelle's show. It has been a few lousy years for FNS. The show itself is great fun to watch, but I havent watched one show of the sandwich king or Aarti. Didnt enjoy either of them, and don't care about their shows. Emily would have been great to watch if she had simply stopped saying "retro-rad". Easy enough to fix!

• Deanna says:

if only she can make it about MORE than seafood. yeah, I get it, New England has great seafood. I lived in New Englad for several years, though, and I HATE seafood. All of it. I never went hungry...

• Chris says:

I am pretty much of the same opinion - I think Emily should have STAYED and not been kicked off. She has such a different, new and exciting POV to add to the FN line-up. Very sad that you sent her packing - she did stand there w/30 seconds of DEAD AIR!!! Bad choice in my view, although I am quite happy that Alton's last two are still in the running - they are not 'cookie' cutter contestants and that is what the FN needs - something new and different personalities. Go Justin; go Marti!!! Thanks for listening.

• Kate says:

I agree with the fact that Emily was the best, but with Emily premature departure, Justin is our boy!

• Baxelson says:

Justin is too weird & his food looks horrible

• Deanna says:

And yet, the judges love his food. What I like about him is that he makes me think about food in new ways. I like having my mind opened.

• Lil says:

My thoughts exactly.

• Baxelson says:

I agree...Michele is fantastic

• KKg says:

I agree totally and could completely see Emily with her own show. That is something I would watch (and record). Love Michelle and Justin too. Justin is going to take cooking to another level with his innovative ideas.

• foodgoob says:

I am so glad you posted this because I could NOT have said it better. I second this!!!
      S. Sherrer from Alabama (Alerbamer) ;)

• dem says:

I agree - Emily never should have been sent home and the only one's I'm interested in watching now are Michelle or maybe Justin. Justin's very cool and interesting but not somebody I'd want to watch every week. Giada's team totally sucks and should all be sent home - but then again so does Giada. If Michelle's eliminated I may not even watch the end of the season - won't really be anybody worth watching left.

• Mandy says:

Agreed, Nikki is an annoying LA type chick and Mexican food in California is overdone which martita offered nothing new. Emily made me happy and smile and I was looking forward to her show. Too bad she had real creativity, somebody is gonna make her a star.

• ENt says:

I agree..woohoo..martita cooks Mexican..... Well I cook American...so what!,... I think Emily should come back :)

• Cate says:

I TOTALLY agree!!! Emily was eliminated on her FIRST time to the Pitch Room, but it was the THIRD time for Nikki. I loved Emily WAAAAAY more than either Nikki or Martita (who I don't really love, but merely tolerate).

I was yelling at the TV when you said Emily's name. You completely went against everything you have said during this season. Very disappointed! Rooting for Justin now...and sending Emily good thoughts!

• vanessa4cats says:

I, too, enjoy this year's format. I did feel sad to see Emily go. She brought a very different personality to the show. Plus, Martita is a nice person but she goofed up when she left 30 seconds of dead time! That was outrageous. Nicky is not a friendly personality. I am getting tired of "grill next door." How many chances will Nicky get??

I like Ippy, Yvan and Justin. Can all three win and do a show together??? Another thing to comment is why the big deal of someone's story?? It gets embarrassing sometimes. I could of cried when Yvan gave his background. That is personal, too personal to be shared on a cooking show! But, Bob and Susie, I like you both. I don't know why but I guess you remind me of favorite teachers in my past! Oops, I think that I shared some personal stuff. I guess it is easier than I thought.

• Sandy says:

What is all the hype about Justin! I don't think he is worth watching and nothing he has made would appeal to me. Martita is too much and Giada's over the top behaviour whenever Martita comes on is just ridiculous! Get rid of her and wipe that smirk off of Giada's face when the other teams lose someone. I agree that Nicki needs to go though. I love Bobby Flay and all he has done for up and comiing chef's that he does quietly and with sincerity. I would like to see Michelle win but it's obvious that Bob abd Susie are favoring Justin and it is disgusting.

• MCC says:

Summed it up perfectly. Even if Emily wouldn't have been ready by the deadline, I would rather watch her for the rest of the season than either Nikki or Martita. Really rooting for Justin - I'd want to tune into his show just to see what he would do next. Michele is my next favorite, I really don't like anyone on Giada's team, I don't dislike them, but none of them have me really excited to watch. Really a shame that Emily was eliminated, she was one of my favorites every week, and her show ideas sounded amazing!

3. Christine says:

sorry, a few grammatical errors due to fast typing...

• Missy says:

I agree Nikki is boring she does not bring anything new or fresh. I think she does not have any class, sitting on the table with her legs up. She should be gone already. I would not watch any show she puts out. I think Justin or Ippy are the ones to watch for.

4. Sharon says:

Justin brings fresh, new blood to FN. He clearly has food expertness; great personality and intelligence; quick on his feet to talk; and he's "Altonian." Only different from Alton--for they are idiosyncratic. We watched Alton as a reward in pastry school; it would be just as rewarding to watch Justin.

I don't get the Martita vote: dead air time? Shouldn't she have gone home? A press person did say she'd be fired for it....

Also, I believe that Latin cuisine is well represented on FN in many shows. I don't see what value she adds. Martita is nice, but she is a completely forgettable on-air presence.

• Carol Belles says:

Have to agree Sharon - she's likeable but my DVR wouldn't be set to record her show. Marcelas much much better.

• Doreen says:

It shouldn't be about who has the most personal friends and relatives voting each day--it should be about talent and star quality. Martita has neither in sufficient quantities to be a Food Network star, which she proved in those 30 seconds.

• @MicVicVal says:

I'm with you Sharon....I like Justin too! Guy brought it because of his quirky and very different spin on food. I think Justin can do the same thing in a new and fresh way. Go Justin! #star

• getnt says:

I am not a cook. I can even make eggs explode but after watching Justin I have tried to cook and even wanted to call him up and ask him what I could make combining Frank and Italian food to serve to some friends. Also after watching him I decided that I would go try Chino's Banditos it is a Mexican Chinese place. Before Justin I would have NEVER eaten there as a Mexican I would have never thought that would be a great combination. Needless to say Justin BETTER win so we can blog, or call him to ask for help when we need to. Lol about the calling he would not be able to sleep if you did that.

• deboak says:

finally someone that agrees with me ,i dont get it ,why is she still in competition, she keeps forgetting every thing never look good in front of the camera, sorry i dont have anything against martita but please she is not consistant apart that if she want to work in television she has to stop crying like a baby and has to stop talking about her famaly is iegther famaly or work.

• Jennifer says:

I completely agree with you. I think Martita should have gone home. Emily brings a unique point of view and has been consistent with her food and presentation almost every week. People should not have to share their personal story to win this competition.

• Guest says:

I don't get that either. The dead air time was so much worse than Emily's awkwardness on the camera for this episode. I had hopes for Emily winning. Looks like FN is going to produce another show I won't watch either, unless Justin wins.

• debbie says:

i agree 100% she should have went home a long time ago, unless this is fixed, makes you wonder

• Bobbiestake says:

AMEN to that! Martita is as interesting as saltine cracker. She should have been booted - not Emily. While in the process of making FN more fun, ditch boring Contessa, rode hard Giada and annoying twang Paula! Your competition shows like "Chopped" are right on!

• Lynn says:

Yes, I too think Martita should have been sent home. Like you say, dead air time. Standing there like a fool. She should have gone home, why they are keeping her is beyond me. Home with Martita.

5. Sharon says:

I think Emily may have been the next person to home after Martita; and I didn't think Emily's niche was sustainable. I had the feeling she jumped the shark at the Thanksgiving Bite she made. But at least she filled the air time as much as it killed her.

And there's no way she could compete with Bitchin' Kitchen, which is in the same relative genre....

• Carol Belles says:

WOW someone else that likes Bitchin' Kitchen. She is definitely something different and watchable.

• Deanna says:

We don't all get Cooking Chanel, so, sadly I can't watch Bitchin' Kitchen. I don't think Emily would have to compete with that show.

• Karen says:

Definitely some similarity, but I Bitchen Kitchen isn't TRULY paying homage to the 50s as Emily is. & her roughness is even more than your tough diner waitress! Emily is all that I love about the 50s!

• Cindy says:

Sharon, andBbob and Susie,
      I don't get the Cooking Channel, but I saw an episode late at night on regular cable of Bitchin' Kitchen late at night on FN. Boy, was it fun, and I laughed! And the tips were great. it was sun an entertaining show. I really wish FN would put that type show in the line up.

Big Fan of FN for 20 years!

• juneberry1 says:

First of all, I have a BIG problem with the B_____ Kitchen concept. FN should be ashamed of the title and the abrasive content of this show. That said, I think the judges missed a great opportunity with passing over Emily; I'm still not over it. I think she could have come out with a new, interesting, lively show. Another missed opportunity for the FN. It's not like Bob and Susie have been picking winners over the last few years. They may be tasting good food, but the personalities they choose are flat. Come on, get the big picture and give personality a try. The 30 and 60 second slots MUST go!

6. Sharon says:

Snap up Justin or someone else will! He's the real deal.

• Diann says:

I'm with you, Sharon. Just is always a delight to watch and full of surprises!

• MusicalYoshi says:

Sharon, I apologize for posting in your reply box, but I can't figure out how to make my own post.

7. Sam says:

I want Justin warner to win I would definitely watch his show!

• Joe says:

You MUST be joking. Justin NEVER smiles and is about as interesting as
      a week old newspaper! He DOES, however know how to cook.

• Sandy says:

I agree. I am so sick of "Justin" and the hype and favortisim the judges show for him. Get real Bob and Susie and find someone that is worth watching. Your last choices, eg: Big Daddy, the Neely's, and heaven help us.... the Sandwich King who have nothing to offer. Where are your heads with this season. Bob and Susie you need stop choosing the losers you seem to love and start looking for people that just might be able to cook and bring something refresing to the viewers. Stop with the "stories" you seem to crave and get contestants on the show that want to offer good food. Get rid of Nicki and stop the drama.

8. Priya says:

I hope Martita wins-I'd watch her show.

9. Frank Demeo says:

Martita all the way! You'll expand your demographic....and you'll also inspire more male viewers to tune in!!

Word!

• Priya says:

I agree with you Frank.

• Molly says:

I believe that "Priya" is "Frank" because Priya agree's to everything that Frank says were not dumb Frank we know you Priya

• Priya says:

You don't know anything about me. Frank and I are two different people (he's male and I'm female) who both happen to like Martita. I like her warmth, and she knows what she's doing. Martita also doesn't sound phony.

• Nadia says:

"Frank and I are two different people (he's male and I'm female) who both happen to like Martita." REALLY? You (Frank) could have easily said that.

• guest says:

woow Frank i didnt know you were so mean

• sarah says:

and 23 don't

• Jules says:

This sounds like a thinly veiled request for the Food Network to objectify women.

• John says:

What do you mean they'll expand their demographic? Latin food is very well represented on the FN, as well as countless other networks. I'd honestly never tune into Martita's show, and don't say that it's because I'm white or that it will bring in all latin/Mexican viewers... because I am one of them.

• sarah says:

AGREED. Im half Mexican and I don't care at all for Martita. I'm voting for personality and passion...not someone who is using a country as a personality. hiding behind a country to say that is who you are is completely different than being proud of who you are yet being yourself. Im not voting for mexico I'm voting for a TV personality to watch make food amazing.

• MCC says:

Susie (from Season 7) did much better by Mexican cuisine than Martita's done this season.

• Guest says:

Can't wait until she's gone! Ippy all the way.

• Monte says:

Expand the demographic how? They already have Mexican Made Easy with Marcela Valladolid.

Besides, if you want to be "inspired" in "that" way, there are websites for that...

10. wendyBloom says:

Well, if you are really listening, then I really hope to see Martita in her own show. Looooove her, baby! She has energy and pizazz! Make sure whoever wins does not get a crappy time slot though! We want to be able to tune in at a decent hour! That shouldn't be all that dificult with all the re-runs on all the time!

• Monte says:

So, to you, energy and pizazz are more important than knowing how to cook, and educating the viewer on how to cook? Good to know.

• Carey says:

don't agree about "energy" or "pizazz" unless we watching two different programmes