Poll: Which Burger Would You Order?

by in Food Network Star, June 28, 2012

Last Sunday’s Producers’ Challenge was a battle of burgers. Emily, Nikki and Martita each presented a version of this all-American classic that embodied their POV: Emily went ’50s diner-style, Nikki headed straight for the grill and Martita made a Mexican-inspired torta.

See all three burgers up close, along with top burger recipes from mentors Bobby, Giada and Alton and past Star winners Guy, Jeff, Aarti and Melissa in our hunger-inducing burger gallery. The humble hamburger is a great vehicle for any POV: Each of these all-star recipes has one, from Giada’s prosciutto-wrapped patties topped with tomato and basil to Aarti’s Indian-spiced condiments.

Although someone had to go home last Sunday, all three ladies served up tasty burgers with a solid helping of POV. If you could order up a burger from the Producers’ Challenge, whose would you pick?

[polldaddy poll=6347896]

Caption It: Cha-Ching

Last week Food Network Star finalists embraced one of the most-faced aspects of Las Vegas — an over-the-top party scene — as they hosted a poolsid...

1. Paul says:

Nikki's Burger ALL THE WAY! Classic and Not trying to be anything its not. Looks like a high end version of
    In and Out and honestly, that's all what a damn good burger should be.

2. Bruce says:

Well It is what it is in regards to emily being eliminated, I wish It had Been Martita or Nikki, But alas, no.
    Only one I'm rooting for now is Ippy. If he gets eliminated. I will Not watch the food network again. because it shows that they only care about thier own little click of similar personalities.

3. Guest says:

WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! EMILY WAS ELIMINATED!!!!! WAAAAAH!!!!!! I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE NOW!!!!! BOB AND SUSIE ARE SO DARN MEAN!!!!! I WILL NEVER EVER WATCH ANYTHING ON TELEVISION EVER AGAIN BECAUSE WHEN THINGS DON'T GO MY WAY IT MAKES ME SO UPSET!!!! WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! I WON'T EVER EAT MEXICAN FOOD OR GRILLED FOOD EVER AGAIN BECAUSE THOSE OTHER GIRLS GOT TO STAY AND MY PRECIOUS EMILY WAS LET GO! WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

• Simon Frell says:

Thanks for the sarcasm… *not* People are posting how they feel, everyone is entitled to their opinion of who they like the most, there is no reason to be rude and sarcastic making fun of how others feel!

• Guest says:

Real mature there, buddy. Are you five?

4. Guest says:

I hope Ippy gets knocked off the show this Sunday just so we can sit back and watch the crybabies on here. That would be a HOOT!
    hehehe

5. Nancy says:

I think you made a mistake by sending Emily home last week. If Nikki or Martita wins I will NOT WATCH either of them. They just rub me the wrong way on the screen. Emily and Linkie look genuine and they present themselves with personality. Nikki just makes me sick. Is there any way you guys could bring Emily or Linkie back? You changed the way the show was in the past, so why not think about this change. But get rid of Nikki. Please!!!

6. Eddie B says:

I'm a big fan of bbq's and backyard grilling so regular burgers is something I know and eat all the time. That's why I'd want to try something different like Martita's. Okay, I chose. When do I get my burger????!!

7. Susanne says:

Wow, I thought this was about burgers. Emily's looked so good, and I liked her combination of meats. I hope they have different judges next time. I mean, judges who actually like people, and appreciate the different styles these young chefs bring to the table. They have good people this year. I am still wondering why Marti is still there…just because her team has been saved, she has been saved.

8. Steve says:

Nikki's burger looks perfect. Simply stated.

9. Jenny says:

Martita's for sure!

10. Jr Gillespie says:

What's going on this week at Food Network the. Fix had to be in when Emily was sent packing and on Chopped the nice lady from La. should have went in the first round. You could tell by the way the judges were talking she had it won. When you are going to cheat you shouldn't make it so obvious that you know who is going to win ten minutes into the show.

• Reuben says:

I agree! Emily was #4 in the Fan Vote. Emily did not fit the Powers-that-Be "brand" as Suzie and Bob would say – she had to be eliminated quickly. Obvious that she was gaining a strong following and they could not afford to have Emily hanging around any longer. It is Martita or Nikki they want as TNFNS, maybe Justin. Why is Martie still here? She seems like a very nice person who can make good food, but she makes me a nervous wreck when I watch her cook. Malcolm still has no POV. I like Ippy. Would love to see him as TNFNS. I don't care if he is laid back…..what is wrong with laid back???? Regarding the latest New Orleans Chopped episode, I agree about the very nice lady should have been sent home in the first round. She did not clean the razor clams. And while those beignets may have tasted good, dumping every ingredient in the basket to make a one component dessert did not show creativity. The other chef knocked it out the park. Clearly the judges were BIASED in that Chopped episode. Great post Jr!