Alton’s Post-It Tweets — Star Commentary

by in Food Network Star, June 27, 2012

We know he’s not exactly your average Star fan, but we just had to give the Fan Post of the Week to none other than Alton Brown himself. This weekend, the leader and namesake of Team Alton took to Twitter — with Post-it notes — to show his support and not-so-subtle competitive spirit for his top three contestants, Martie, Emily and Justin, as they prepared to meet the press. Pictured above is one of Alton’s many Star-related Twitter pictures. “One of these things is not like the others. #winner,” he scrawled on a Post-it which he stuck to his computer screen over an image of himself, Giada and Bobby.

Just as the remaining eight finalists are battling it out to become the winner of the competition, so too are Alton, Bobby and Giada, as the mentor whose contestant becomes a star will produce his or her new show. Alton Tweeted photo messages (pictured below) for rival mentors Bobby and Giada that showcase both his competitive side and sense of humor.

Over Bobby’s face in an image on FoodNetwork.com, he wrote, “#TeamAlton will devour #TeamBobby,” while he created a caption bubble for a photo of Team Giada: “Sorry, but I wish I had #TeamAlton instead of you guys.”

Alton sent a final Tweet (pictured below) to his 300,000-plus followers, “If I were you, I wouldn’t bet against them.” In just a few short weeks, you, the fans, viewers, Alton’s followers and anyone else, will be able to vote for Team Alton’s, Team Bobby’s or Team Giada’s remaining contestants and determine who is named the next Food Network Star.

Despite Alton’s hype going into this week’s episode, his team suffered a loss on Sunday. Retro-rad finalist Emily Ellyn was sent home on account of her on-camera struggles and inability to fully clarify her 1950s-inspired persona and the meaning behind it. Her elimination caught fellow Team Alton finalists Martie and Justin a bit off guard, both noticeably shaken and emotional when Emily told them the news. Alton, too, felt the weight of Emily’s departure, and offered her a somber “I’m sorry” and solid hug before she left. With just two remaining finalists, will Alton’s team be able to live up to his mighty expectations?

Join the #Star conversation on Twitter and Facebook and your comments may be featured in our weekly roundup of Fan Chatter.

Who’s your favorite finalist still in the running? Don’t forget to cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day and tune in to this Sunday’s episode at 9pm/8c to see who from #TeamAlton#TeamBobby or #TeamGiada goes home next.

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. rdrrnc says:

I am a huge fan of Food Network Star!!! It has been exciting and fun to watch the various challenges the teams have had to deal with. Malcolm, Martie and Nikki have nothing to offer the Food Network! I am not sure if Martita, Michelle, or Yvan could host a weekly show that would have me buying more storage for my DVR. I thought Emily was charming, entertaining, interesting to listen to. She had the total package. Justin is cute as anything--like Alton Brown, a bit nerdy, but I want to watch him cook and hear him talk about his dish and presentation. I think Ippy is our "sleeper" and he is going jump forward this week! If I can't have Emily I want Ippy!!!

2. Jeff says:

Big mistake eliminating Emily. Nikki is not interesting, has not done well in challenges, and comes of as fake, abrasive and annoying. Emily stumbled occasionally in competition, but was interesting, unique, and very entertaining and likable. I would watch a show with her but Nikki would make me reach for the remote. If the "Network" keeps making decisions like that, they will end up getting voted off by the fans who don't want to watch the shows they produce

3. jade19s says:

Really! They chose niki over Emily! Gosh, what are they doing saving Niki's 3X. If they dont like the "abrasiveness" Niki puts out in the television, 3 TIMES!!! just says it all. Dont keep her! Emily is warm, charismatic and very easy to listen too. Emily's show would be trendy and fun. Is food network looking for the Next foodnetwork star, well.. they should also look for variety of ways to keep up. Sorry to say, I think theirs too many grill show like Bobby and Nelly's, Italian to many giada, anne b, rachel ray. Latin there's lots of it. But a contemporary and innovative ways to cook... I miss Alton Brown's show Food Eats.

4. Tiffini says:

I am voting for Yvan. Hes attractive, charming, makes food I would want to try, and after today, has a sustence and depth about him that is compelling. I would watch his show all day- every day. To me, you can't get a more complete a package then that. Lets go Yvan!!!!!

5. loril7 says:

Alton, Alton, Alton, what were you thinking with the team you selected? Justin and Emily had to had been the two worst choices you could have made. Emily had absolutely nothing to offer the viewers except the words retro rad which she could not even explain. Justin with his multi colored lip glosses has nothing to offer either. Howdie Dowdie has already been done. Raw meat and fish bones are not even enough to complete one episode. How boring...actually almost as boring as some of your comments on Iron Chef. We are over Guy Fierri and his obnoxious behavior, we do not need another odd character to bore us to death on the network. Guy makes me want to jump off a roof he is so ignorant. If I were a chef and he came into my kitchen I would throw him out when he got in the way and kept sticking his fingers in the food. How disgusting. Food Network really needs to begin listening to the views just a bit. Guy is on my TV almost constantly... so I change channels. I would have rather watched Martita and her dead air 5000 times a day then one more second with Guy.

6. Tamara says:

Was so hoping for a Justin & Emily finale - followed shortly by a show for each! To keep Nikki or Martita was actually shocking. What new POV would either bring...more ways to grill? make Mexican food? How about something innovative? Retro rad...I'd dusted off my pressure cooker, but now I'm just steamed.

• LovesSun says:

I think they kept Nikki and Martita because neither can possibly win; Emily had a chance so they got her out of there when they could. I believe the show is rigged and because the last episode depends on votes they're clearing out whoever they can before then.

7. sandy says:

You sent home my favorite.....Emily!!! My daughter who is 10 and loves to watch the show got up and walked away and said she was done if Emily was gone. So....the rest of the season will not be as entertaining. Emily had the strongest POV and they only show I would watch out of all the contestants.

8. JEarley says:

I'm so glad to see that so many share my frustration over Emily's elimination. I've watched this show for 4 seasons without fail and for the first time I have no desire to continue watching. I've been so frustrated I haven't wanted to even get on this website for over a week!

Emily has been consistent from day one - always true to her POV. She stumbles once and boom - that's it. Totally illogical. The only explanation that I can imagine now is that the network didn't want to deal with the fact that the cultural period she represents isn't "socially acceptable" in today's politically correct world. What other reason is there? So she didn't share a story from her deep dark past. Big deal. I still love watching her. She lights up the room. Her personality is effervescent. By contrast, Nikki's attempt was hollow. I have absolutely no desire to watch her. The story she told was forced and felt just as fake as she is. To have her stay is a real slap in the face to Emily. I'd watch her show in a heartbeat!

9. Yogi says:

My Vote is for Justin... and always will be ...He deserves to win.

10. Jazzy J says:

TEAM ALTON IS #1!!!!! JUDSON IS MISSED.