Team Alton’s Rebel Takes the Lead: Your Week 6 Fan Vote Picks Revealed

by in Food Network Star, June 25, 2012

For the first time all season, Team Giada has been bumped from the first-place spot in our weekly Fan Vote. Team Alton's "rebel with a culinary cause," Justin Warner, leads the remaining finalists with 23% of the vote. Martita Jara is on his tail at 21%, followed closely by Ippy Aiona at 20%.

Justin gave another solid performance this week, opening up to a media panel about the rebellious roots he inherited from his late dad. Bob Tuschman called Justin's bizarre-sounding dish of stuffed dates with peanut butter, duck and bonito flakes a "perfect bite."

Will Justin keep his momentum rolling as the finalists head to South Beach?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day. In just three weeks, fans like you will pick the next Food Network Star in our Finale Vote.

Check out the complete list of Week Six Fan Vote results:

Fan Vote Week 6

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. essence says:

Justin you are amazing and so interesting. I wish you were my son. My real son is a computer engineer. I am too old to propose to you but wish you were in the family. I love your creativity and caring and your unique style. I think you are going to win this challenge. I do hope you will. Keep being yourself which I think is amazing!
    Keep That Flair For Food,
    *essence*

2. Mary Kay says:

FN has updated the upcoming episode blurbs. So it looks like 3 finalists...can we safely assume one from each team? If that's the case, I think the team format really stinks.
    2nd to the last episode reads:
    They wanted a show, they got one! The six finalists left will star in promos for their own Food Network shows, directed by their producers: Bobby, Alton and Giada. A focus group made up of A-list Food Network stars gives feedback on the promos and only three finalists make the cut. The finalists who survive will get to make pilots for their very own show led by their producer. The pilots will air for all of America to see, and then viewers will get to vote on which finalist deserves his or her own show on Food Network.

3. cook4four says:

If Martita wins this season, I will never watch Food TV again.

• Frank Demeo says:

Don't worry...you won't make an impact. People complained when Guy Fieri won and he's gone on to success and the FNS ratings have enjoyed a steady climb.

• Priya says:

Fine-I'm sure the network won't miss your viewing.

• cook4four says:

Priya- I thought this was a place to voice your opinion without being put down for it...Guess I was wrong.

4. Marina says:

I love Justin Warner, he looks good on the screen and he is funny. I hope he wins. GO JUSTIN !!!!!!

5. Renée says:

I read that Martita has been lobbying on Radio and TV in the Hispanic community to get people to vote for her as fan favorite so that at least she will get an online show. It's not fair but it accounts for why she has so many votes. She wouldn't have that many votes if she hadn't lobbied for it. She is getting anyone and everyone to vote for her whether or not they will watch her show. To me, she is as phony as a 3 dollar bill. That accent of hers is also phony. She turns it on for the camera presentations only.

• Frank Demeo says:

And exactly what information are you privy to that leads you to say her accent is phony? What a crock of bull.

• Renée says:

The information I have is my own two ears. On Food Network Star she speaks in a perfect Amercian accent until she is asked to do a presentation in front of a camera. Then all of a sudden she turns on the Mexican accent. THAT's why I say it's phony!

6. Frank Demeo says:

@ Renee and those that keep saying Martita's accent is phony.....you can watch and listen to some of her TV and radio interviews on her website (martitajara.com "news & events") and see just how consistent and natural it is. I don't see where you get off saying that.

• cook4four says:

Well, she was born and raised in the US, that could be one clue as to why people might think her accent is phony. My husband came to this country when he was in his 20's (20 years ago) and has no hint of an accent at all. She was BORN here, yet speaks with an accent? Hmmm.....

• Renée says:

Like I said above - Listen to her on the show. As soon as they put her in front of a camera to do a presentation, she turns on the Mexican accent. Otherwise when she talks to anyone she's speaking in a perfect American accent.

• Renée says:

Also, of course when she's doing radio and TV interviews and on her website she's going to turn on the Mexican accent if she wants to be convincing. Duh, if she were going to do it any time, that would be it!! People are so gullible.

7. Jeremy says:

On Monday Martita had 6% of the votes. After two days of no new episode, she went up to 30% of the votes. The comments above this are very true. Click pretty much anywhere on her website, you're taken to the fan vote. She's somehow gotten on tons of TV shows in which she smiles, acts nice, and tells people to vote for her. Apparently this works well. I'm calling shenanigans if this faker gets a show. But I doubt she will even with the big voting from oblivious TV watchers, when you do badly in as many challenges as Martita has you don't win. It's like overcooking something, once it's overcooked there's no bringing it back.
    I hope Justin wins, he has a far more unique POV than anyone else in the competition.

8. Ian says:

Nikki is the one to watch. She is being robbed by FN so far- the editing has really made all of you hate so much. Her personality is AMAZING! My wife and I just met her at the SLS Hotel where she works at Jose Andres spot. She was so fun, very intelligent and stunning in person. Both of us loved her drinks and insight on food spots in LA.

9. Debby Drushel says:

Is he wearing red lipstick? Or red lip gloss? If he is...he needs to stop! I can't concentrate on what he is talking about because his lips are so freaking red.

10. cornball8 says:

I hope Bob & Susie really are listening! I LOVE Ippy....his laid back style is REFRESHING. I don't need another yelling, rushing around (Rachel) all-too-peppy,schticky, in-your-face (Guy) on Food Network. Ippy can cook and his warm smile and relaxed style is wonderful! He's REAL and that shines. Not everyone has to be a cookie-cutter FN personality, please!