Justin Moves Up: Your Week 5 Fan Vote Picks Revealed

by in Food Network Star, June 18, 2012

Martita and  Ippy are still your #1 and #2 picks this week, Star fans. But Team Alton's "rebel with a culinary cause," Justin Warner, is making strides. He claims the #3 spot this week with 16% of the vote — up from 13% last week and 9% the week before.

This week, Justin impressed Bob and Susie once again with his unconventional Fritto Misto at the food court, contributing to Team Alton's victory in the challenge. Even when his entire team ended up on the bottom in Episode 5, Justin bounced back with his Spaghetti Midwestern and was immediately declared safe in the pitch room. Will his streak continue? Can he overtake Team Giada's Fan Vote stronghold?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day.

Check out the complete list of Week Five Fan Vote results:

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. Wayne says:

Looks like everyone is being dragged thru the mud next week becuz of the press's remarks. Everybodys crying. I'm startin to feel bad for all of them. Even those I don't want to win. Emilys cryin before Alton or so it seems, and then she's in their little waiting room area comforting Justin & then hugs him & starts to cry too. Martita was crying...Yvan was out of breath...they made no comments about Michelle, Nikki, or Malcom, or Ippy. Were they successful or are they just showing us the ones that are supposed to be front runners? Made me feel bad for the ones I don't want to win as well as my faves Justin & Emily. Makes me wonder just what did those ' high and think they are mighty press folks' say to these people???

• Jerilee says:

Why are you going off on what the editors want you to see??? Just chill until next weeks show. the editors have a way of manipulating footage to project what they want. Pictures and comments may have nothing to do with each other.

• Food Fan says:

Wayne, often these kinds of things are fake-outs.
      A judge or mentor says a negative comment. A half-second later, they show a contestant crying or with a saddened lok, and we think the comment was for that person.....but very often once the show airs...we see it was actually someone else, entirely.
      I haven't seen this clip or preview you are describing yet, but I'm still curious.

• Wayne says:

Yeah I forget that sometimes.
        Illusions galore designed to up the ante and get our goat so we'll tune in----you guys keep me straight n don't let me fall for that misleading mess.

• Athena says:

On the other hand, seeing half the contestants in tears does bring cause for concern. I, too, wonder whatis going to happen this Sunday and I'm a little worried.

2. Julie says:

I really love Martita! her attitude is just amazing! I love Yvan and Emily, Michelle as well though, they're all pretty amazing :) wish they could all win. I wish Martie would cut down on her talking however, if I knew her I'd probably love talking with her but on air is a different thing when you are timed. Ippy is pretty ok but wouldn't see him being on tv for a long time, I think I would be bored :/. Justin brings a lot of creativity to his food which is pretty awesome, but the rapping needs to go... lol, I think for me it would be down to Martita and Emily, they're both spazztastic! But alas I have yet to see one Hispanic on food network.

3. Justin is smart and savvy -- that checkerboard food he made with meat and gravy looked like a pocketbook for Fashion Week. I would never eat it, but it was amazing how creative he was. I'm rooting for him!

4. FAN OF FOOD says:

CROWN JUSTIN THE WINNER NOW !!!!!!! DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS JUSTIN! UR SEXY!

5. JUSTINWARNERLOVER says:

GIVE JUSTIN A CHANCE YOU GUYS!!!! ALL THIS HATE TALK ISNT GOING TO DO ANYTHING! I PERSONALLY HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HIM! HE IS JUST SO HOT!!!! HOW COULD YOU NOT? ANYWAY I LOVE YOU JUSTIN! MARRY ME!!!!!!!

6. Bro says:

Justin... Bob's "Puppet Baby".

7. Laurie says:

Justin and Emily are my favorites. Ippy is definitely interesting too, and seems sweet, like he wouldn't make you feel crappy if he was teaching you how to make something. I'll be very happy if one of those three wins! I love this show but last season I didn't have anyone to root for, it's a nice change this time around.

8. diva614 says:

I'm not a fan of Justin. I think he comes off arrogant and not welcoming at all. Sorry, but I would not watch a show that he might host.

Frankly, I'm totally disappointed with the format this year. It seems it is more about Giada, Alton and Bobby instead of the contestants. I'm watching this year but haven't seen anyone who really stands out. I'm hoping that as the few weeks progress one of them will really shine.

9. NotaFan says:

That's uncalled for.

10. Reuben says:

Justin is now in the lead barely! Go Justin! Go Emily! Go Ippy!! Go Yvan!