Justin Moves Up: Your Week 5 Fan Vote Picks Revealed

by in Food Network Star, June 18, 2012

Martita and  Ippy are still your #1 and #2 picks this week, Star fans. But Team Alton's "rebel with a culinary cause," Justin Warner, is making strides. He claims the #3 spot this week with 16% of the vote — up from 13% last week and 9% the week before.

This week, Justin impressed Bob and Susie once again with his unconventional Fritto Misto at the food court, contributing to Team Alton's victory in the challenge. Even when his entire team ended up on the bottom in Episode 5, Justin bounced back with his Spaghetti Midwestern and was immediately declared safe in the pitch room. Will his streak continue? Can he overtake Team Giada's Fan Vote stronghold?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day.

Check out the complete list of Week Five Fan Vote results:

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Guest says:

I will just say that Nikki and Martie are pass do on the show, they really really need to go, Nikki looks ugly
    just with for that , I would not see her show, but also food related she doesn't offer much and Martie she may cook at home, but I really do not see a show with her on the air. My favorites are Emily and justin just because they different, I also like Ippy, but the rest are just filling the space. And everybody is right
    regarding the format is terrible the letting people go that are better than some that are still on the show.

2. Coco says:

Nikki - yuk!

3. ohgreatone says:

I love that Justin has moved up i love his quirky personality. It would just not be the same show after he is leaves. I can't see how Martita is even still around all she is another Mexican food lady (really don't like mexican/texmex food) i say enough of that. What their needs to be is a vote for the one we want to go not just are favored because well i have stronger opinions about who should go then who should stay.

4. Luvtocook says:

I have noticed the looks they give to each other, Bobby's continual assurance that she has nothing to worry about - in spite of Nikki's continual flops -, how she is aleays the first out right behind him when they come out for evaluation... I have to agree that some sort of attraction and favoritism is evident from Flay to Nikki. She is obviously inc

• Jerilee says:

You guys need to get a life. Bobby is sooo in live with his wife. If you notice he's is a gentleman and is holding the door open for the ladies. He stands until they are seated, holds their chari, and he rises when the exit. Haven't you ever heard of manners???

• NotaFan says:

How does that jive with him saying she west him out in the pitch room. Come on people. There is still such a thing as chivalry, and just looking at someone does not constitute infatuation.

5. Jennifer Waymire says:

I am thinking Michelle is gonna win because everyone seems to like her!

• Jerilee says:

Nobody seems to say much about her. She is quict witted, friendly, and a good cook. Could be the dark horse.

6. Deborah says:

Just deserves to win the competition. He is very creative and really cool. He has amazing story telling. Me and my brother only watch the show to see Justin or Emily win. They seem to be the only two talented enough and have the most personality.

7. JoeyZ925 says:

Emily. Period.

8. nancy keeler-scott says:

Justin is the most boring person I have ever seen I think he was on chopped BORING and if he thinks that makeup he wears makes him look good he is so wrong and if he was the winner I would never watch the show again because its just something not right with can you tell I am not a fan of him.

9. @InTheEmbers says:

I'm not a big fan of the format, but I have to say that this season has more than a few folks whose perspectives I would find interesting.

Justin , to me, seems an obvious choice, if for no other reason but that he could fill the void left by Alton's 'Good Eats' shuffling off to TV's version of an elephant graveyard. His personality strikes me as a markedly more likeable Marcel Vigneron, and that techy side of the culinary arts isn't one that's often approached on Food Network.

Emily is a Food Network personality in the classic sense. Large presence on the screen, both from her fashion sense and her quirkiness, and the lack of a culinary niche cuisine, which would allow her to create a lot of food before it felt like she was repeating herself.

Ippy, on the other hand, has a niche...but what a cool niche it would be. The possibility that they could actually film the show in Hawaii alone would be a selling point, but everything about Ippy himself screams authentic Hawaiian and his laid back approach to cooking and speaking, given that backdrop, would suddenly seem perfect, rather than too subdued for television. If you're cooking with Mauna Loa in the background, for example, you really don't need to be Billy Mays to keep people watching the screen.

Most of the others at this point seem to overlap too far into familiar realms, so even if they're talented (I'm looking at you in particular, Martita), it just doesn't seem viable.

Just my 2 cents.

• cat says:

I can't stand Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She seems fake.

• beachinfrizzy says:

Hey Embers don't sell yourself short! You make a lot of solid points, with me, at least. I hadn't thought of the Justin-Marcel comparison...although I find Justin, deadpan delivery notwithstanding - INFINITELY more likeable than that smug, annoying little gnat! As for Ippy, one of the fishing shows Mr. Frizzy watches includes a segment where an amiable, native-Hawaiian, flowery-shirt clad chef prepares the catch in an outdoor kitchen in interesting and delicious looking ways (wood-planked, wrapped in banana leaf, poke or sashimi style, etc.). I see that and my shoulders instantly relax and I take a moment to put down the laundry basket and watch. That's what I can see Ippy doing, and doing very well, and I for one would watch as well as DVR it for times when I really need a figurative escape.

10. Jerilee says:

Bobby loves his wife. He is being a gentleman, holding open the door, holding the chair for the ladies, remaining standing until they are seated, rising when they exit. Have you never heard of manners???