Poll: Who’s On Thin Ice?

by in Food Network Star, June 14, 2012

Week after week Star hopefuls are sent to the pitch room, and one by one they are eliminated while others remain. The pardoned finalists have survived to cook another day, but how long will they remain safe? Whether it’s because the clock has been on their side, their teammates have brought them success or they've enjoyed simple luck, some lasting finalists may be just barely hanging on as the competition reaches its halfway point.

Of the remaining 10 finalists, who's on thin ice?

Who’s your favorite finalist still in the running? Don’t forget to cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Rueben says:

Martie is on thin ice. She has been for the last 3 weeks. She should have gone before Judson period. I guess Susie and Bob see a lot of "raw" talent in her. I am sure she is a very nice lady and I bet she plans and executes fabulous parties. I also agree with the poll that Nikki and Malcolm are on thin ice. Malcolm needs a POV. Yvan had a POV, but I believe Giada told him he now has another POV (her POV). I do not think Emily is on thin ice yet, but that is just my opinion.

• Jolene Hunt says:

I agree they had no business keeping her over Judson they have lost it I have no idea what they are thinking maybe they don't want someone tesching people how to eat healthy but hope sho goes soon

2. Cynthia says:

i think it's Giada's turn to 'lose' a contestant...which is why i believe Yvan is going to be the next one gone...

• Guest says:

I think Giada Ned's to go. I used to really like her, but I don't like her on this show. She gets better gigs (Italian neighborhood and game day) ...and really, jumping up and down and cheering her team. Not too sportsman like.

• FNfan says:

Yeah, Agreed that its kind of annoying that with the mentors, the eliminations are predictable. If you click on my name, you will see the rest of the show descriptions, which pretty much reveals how the eliminations work the rest of the way.

• joyce says:

After the last episode's elimination, I can't predict at all what the judges are going to do.

• Nadia says:

Yes, it is Giada's turn to lose a contestant, but by following a few patterns, it has to be a female(Martita or Linkie)

• Jerilee says:

You could be right, but I don't agree. There could always be no team safe, double/triple elimination, bottom of each team, all teams safe (very unlikely). Just don't know wham FN has in store.

• twobits2 says:

I agree. Possibly Ippy, who annoys me with his laidback attitude. Evan stepped up last week. Don't like Giada at all, to be honest.

3. guest says:

Let's see much more of what Yvan is capable as his abilities in all categories are strong.

4. Ellen says:

I would say Martie, Linkie, Malcome, Nikki, MAYBE Michelle are on "thin ice". But I doubt Michelle is.I'm just saying she is because of previous episodes.

5. Food Fan says:

Who's on thin Ice?
    Martie. She will need a very fast turnaround.
    Nikki should be another obvious choice which at the same time baffles me.
    On the one hand, she is rated at the bottom, even though she's doing better than Martie. How does that even make sense? Nikki has done better in both on-camera and food...so, what else is going on here? If it isnt Food, or bad presentations, then what is it?
    Also---one bad thing--about even having this Poll at all. Whoever is afraid of losing (or at least their competition getting better) can simply start saying/voting/accusing whoever might be catching up...as being on thin Ice, to keep 'em down. This is a main reason why I would give *more* weight to people who take the time to post or write in these blogs and that someone just pushing a like-dislike button fan vote.

• twobits2 says:

I don't like Nikki's attitude. She's very offputting, but can't put my finger on it - arrogance, maybe.

I like Martie and just keep hoping she'll just shut up and cook.

• Tex says:

Quite honestly (as someone who's been a fan for 5 seasons now) I think Martie is the most worthless thing this show has ever done!!! She needs to go home! I feel there are 3 genuine stars left on the show and the others are all just filler. One star on each team, Team Bobby...Michelle could definitely take this, Team Giada... Ippy is someone who's show I would watch and love every minute of it, And then there's team Alton (and my favorite contestant ever)... Justin is already a star, if he doesn't get show (regardless of the outcome of this competition) then I know the food network execs are total idiots!!!

6. S.J. says:

Totally agree Ellen, though I think that Michelle is definitely in the running for winning now after last week. I liked her interplay with Guy. I thought it was kind of cute. Yvan......he doesn't seem to be very popular, though some might say he's the ladies guy. (meaning that the ladies like him because they think he's cute.) I would say he's on thin ice, although i do like him, especially after the way he came out last week.

7. Lauren says:

I hope Martie goes home soon. She doesn't belong on the FN. Her rambling makes me almost as uncomfortable as Penny when on the DDD on last season's TNFNS she asked people why they didn't order wet fries. (Remember that, anyone???)

• Reggi says:

I was so thinking the same thing! I didn't enjoy Penny's personality at all and Martie effects me the same, although for different reasons. Martie's drama queen, stress act leaves me stressed out too! Everything is drama but hers is all negative! It gets old really fast!

8. Tammi says:

Darn right, sister! (gives Ellen high five) There are LOTS of home shows about parties (i.e. Pioneer Woman, Trisha's Southern Kitchen, you get my drift.) when I DO watch those shows (which is rarely) they have been about so and so's birthday and we're making this or so and so's anniversary and we're making that. We have enough of those if not too many. Give me someone like Martita, or Emily, but NOT MARTIE! Or Justin. Justin creeps me out.

• suzie says:

uh, no, tammy-
      those are not party shows - pioneer woman is basic family cooking, trisha's kitchen is new, so i haven't seen it but she was also doing home cooking on paula deen's show.
      barefoot contessa is often about entertaining, she may be the only one right now.
      I happen to like martie, she's well intentioned and endearing. also authentic, unlike emily, who is a little bit actressy. and martita has so far offered mexican food - not exactly a new concept

• kathy says:

Come on tammi, we don't need another giata. Martita has got to go. I would watch any of the contestants but her.

9. Ellen says:

Thanks, Tammi. And you are right on about Justin. He wears lipstick, and now i think he wears blush. EEEWWW!!! He freaks me out, and is a turn-off to me.

10. S.J. says:

Yeah, he makes me kind of ashamed to class myself with him. (Gender wise) Besides, when did he become a science geek? and WHY does he wear lipstick and now (UGH) blush? wouldn't chapstick be better? Whenever I look at him a shudder. (Brrrrrr!)

• Shanqiuia says:

ITS called stage makeup. Everybody has to wear it or else they look like a washed out freak on camera!
      And don't diss us New Yorkers! A lot of guys wear chap stick in new york because its effin cold and our lips ( mine included and I wear a lot) crack and bleed! AND obviously, you just a country amish boy who only sees squirrels all day! So don't you go dissin us new yorkers. And the blush IS STAGE MAKEUP! He just has a light skin tone so you see it clearly! Geez dissing us new yorkers without even thinking! AND ITS CHAPSTICK DUDE!!1