Guy’s Words of Wisdom

by in Food Network Star, June 13, 2012

Last Sunday, Season 2 winner Guy Fieri stopped by the Star set and challenged the finalists to put on live specials before an audience. Many of them were less intimidated by the spectators than by Guy himself. Despite his warmth and friendliness, it's hard to stand beside that kind of mega star power and measure up.

In this exclusive video, Guy talks about how the show has changed since he competed back in its early days: "With Giada, Bobby and Alton giving them constant mentoring through the entire season? I would have loved to do this. I would love to be a mentor!" He reflects on his own Star mentor and shares words of advice for the finalists, who would be wise to listen up. This Guy knows what he's talking about.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. beachinfrizzy says:

Hi, happy Fathers Day everyone. Guy would be an excellent mentor, both from the standpoint of the network (popular, outgoing, energetic host) and for the contestants, simply because he's been there. Unlike Bobby, Giada and Alton, all stars but via different routes, he's walked the NFNS walk and I don't think anyone who hasn't tread the same hamster wheel could provide the same insight. Aarti would be another good mentor. Aaron? I didn't watch his season but based on his show he seems too laid back to be an effective motivator/cheerleader. And while I liked Melissa in her season and her show is OK, she turned me off during her subsequent FNS appearances as a guest judge...she sounded as though she'd gotten a little too big for her britches.

2. Christina says:

Tonight while watching the program my family was upset.Nikki Martin was rude.you advertise that your network is family.She did not act any thing like that I do realize there is alot on the line for the contastants and it is huge.But that still was wrong becuase my grandma says what goese around comes around.I would rather watch listen and learn from some one that is low on coffidence than some that is rude and thinks she has to be hard to get her point across.Linki thank you for what you did tonight even though your dish did not work you still tried and you showed me that its cool to try.

3. chris says:

Myself and others pay to have foodnet work I watch food network alot like many others I get a lot of cool ideas and my family and friends have fun with me.I think that Nikki was way out of line tonight.I know that I know nothing about running a tv stastoin or how it works.But I know what I enjoy watching and tonight Nikkis attitude would make me turn the tv.Becuase I want to watch real people not pretend.Bottom line you can only pretend for so long before some catches on to your pretend game.Nikki I am not trying to be rude but your life has not been any harder than any one else so that doese not give you the right to be rude and judge mental because your not god I am not judging you.you layed it on the line for the world to see the real Nikki Martin.

4. Curmudgeon says:

If the standards were as high back when Guy was in the competition as they are today we would not have to suffer his insipid personality ruining the FN channel.

5. P ROSE says:

I WATCH FN OFTEN BUT TURN OFF DINERS.. ONE OF THE FEW SHOWS I DISLIKE AND WILL CHANGE THE CHANNEL WHEN IT IS ON. I HOPE FN WILL START RUNNING SOMETHING ELSE MORE OFTEN.... I HOPED THIS IS JUST SUMMER RE-RUNS IN MASS BUT UNFORTUNATELY THEY STARTED MONTHS AGO. 'JUST ONE PERSON'S OPINION.

6. Lisa says:

I just watched a re-run episode of Triple D. I'd really like to tell Guy about my INP pizza. Based on his knowledge of Flavor profile I believe he would get it. If at all possible please have him contact me at lisaf13@insight.rr.com. Thank you!