Martita vs. Ippy: Your Week 4 Fan Vote Picks Revealed

by in Food Network Star, June 11, 2012

With Judson's departure this week, Team Alton and Team Bobby are both down to three members. Team Giada is holding the lead with four finalists still standing — two of whom continue to dominate our weekly Fan Vote. This week, Martita Jara and Ippy Aiona are tied for the lead, each claiming 19% of your votes. That means nearly 40% of you are rooting for either Martita or Ippy.

Emily Ellyn, Linkie Marais and Justin Warner are not far behind with 15%, 14% and 13% of the vote, respectively.

Let us know in the comments: What makes Martita or Ippy your fan favorite? Or if you disagree, which finalist do you think deserves more Fan Vote love?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day.

Check out the complete list of Week Four Fan Vote results:

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. Pebblez says:

If it does come down to Ippy and Martita, Ippy is a no brainer, to me!!!
    STAR POTENTIAL
    His POV is unique to FN and unfortunately Martita's POV is already done. Yes Martita is pretty but I think Ippy is handsome too, when his hair is tied up and his big smile with dimples. Besides what mom's out there wouldn't love watching a young handsome man cooking! mmmhmmm!! He may be laid back but that's what makes him so likeable. He might not be a master in front of the camera, but he's one that I see that has huge potential to become one. I did watch that news clip someone suggested earlier to watch, and in that short time I did want to make what he made, he made it sound so easy, yet elegant, something I could make, and different, even my son who doesn't like seafood too much, said "MMM that looks good, I would try it."

What made me question Martita, is that I was following Ippy on his facebook and noticed that Martita and him seem to be friends and wished him a Happy Birthday and said her and her husband will come to visit. Then I watch the show and she seemed like she was turned off by the fact that Ippy and Guy were getting along so well. Plus the clip for next week showed her seemingly irritated that everyone was asking her questions and she said something like "...she can't carry everybody." I don't know, it's probably the food network producers trying to make the show seem more dramatic than it really is. Either way I'm not sure I'm liking Martita as much. By the way I follow Martita as well on her facebook.

I haven't heard Ippy say one bad thing about any of the contestants, nor has he been cocky in anyway. If you guys really want to get to the know the contestants check them out on facebook, you will find out things they are doing, I especially like that Ippy is already giving back to the community and went to cook for some children at a local hospital.

This is why I will be voting for Ippy from now on. He seems like a truly genuine guy with a love for food and a passion for his heritage.

2. stella says:

Pebblez, could you tell me what Iippy's birthdate is? thanks

3. stella says:

Wow...you have to love astrology....I posted that I thought Ippy was a taurus or gemini....June 3rd makes him gemini...and I checked the ephemeris and he has mercury in taurus, and I think his moon is in taurus ( that depends on time of birth )...but I am saying I think moon is in taurus....that's the cooking...the laid backness... the charm. He would be chattier if his moon was in gemini.

Unless Martita is also a gemini, I predict Ippy the winner since Jupiter just moved into gemini, for the first time in 12 years, and offers luck among other things to geminis.

And, fantastically, I thought Ippy looked like Rafael Nadal. Nadal's birthday is June 3rd!!! They are astral twins.

4. Chernynkaya says:

Marita is such a canned, packaged and predictable FN host. I can't believe people still like that type of phony excitement and presentation. I like quirky Emily, but what Bob said about her really resonated--is she for real or is this all schtick? She reminds me of that gal on Cooking Channel who has a silly Bitchen'Kitchen. She can't cook her way outta a paper bag.

Finally, let me just say that if Bobby Flay wasn't already a brilliant chef, he'd have been eliminated by these judges--he's tired or bored and displays little personality. He looks like he can't wait to get out of there.

5. CherryBomb says:

IPPY ALL THE FRIGGIN' WAY. He stole my heart and I wanna watch his show already. Go Ippy!

6. Okie says:

Would someone please tell Martita and the Retro Rad lady to keep their hands OFF their hair before dealing with food!

7. William says:

I'm in Ippy's camp, he reflects the life style, has the warm Island personality and his presence and his Island and Euro blending of his food dishes are unique. He a natural in front of the camera and this is making him a viewer's favorite. He represents the culture, it's people and the State of Hawaii and appears to be comfortable with who he is. I hope he wins and can bring the tastes and flavors of Hawaii to the rest of the country. He's the real deal!!

8. rusty says:

this is the third season ive been watching and i think Martita will be the clear winner. i could be wrong of course but as others have mentioned here, i just dont see anyone as comfortable in front of the cameras. and just like with guy fieri, there are two kinds of people. the ones that really like her & the ones who really dislike her. that's no accident. the ones that have "it" tend to divide people and the network knows this. if Martita doesn't win this, she still gets a tv show. count on that.

I think what the island kids coming here in support of ippy fail to realize, is that as much as many of us like him, he is no good at talking to cameras. that's important because the entire point of this competition is to win your own tv show on the network. attract advertisers. ippy obviously appeals to shy people & he will have all out support from the islands but, the network knows and expects that. they know what will actually make them money and when it comes down to it, that is the entire point.

• Food Fan says:

Let me challenge that.
      Point 1: I dont believe Ippy is for shy people. I think I would qualify, myself, as an outgoing person, and I like him just fine. I also dont agree when you say he's "no good at talking at Camera's." Really? Why? Just because there are 2 people louder than him? In his own video, he showed some spark and guts when he issued his own challenge to the Food Network: "if you will bring this Island-boy to yer big City, I will Cook beyond all yer expectations!" That shows both outgoing-ness and confidence.
      I cant blame the Network for wanting to make money, but they probably thought Aarti was going to be "marketable"...and her showing is going away.
      It would seem a better strategy to Focus less on being over-the-top, and more on what wont fizzle-out and bore people. Think longevity. I'm betting Ippy's Pacific Rim meets Euopean twists on things could be something that people could stay interested in.

9. Mila says:

This season is intense and as far as whom my favorite are well they are already at the top Ippy and Martita, I think hawaiian would be awesome to learn and new however! Most people and especially most of all my friends, white, black, mexican, asian LOVE mexican food! and sorry to say but Im not all that impressed with the girl who does the mexican food on the Food Network, I have a great Feeling martita would rock it! and she is real, shes herself, I love her energy on the show!

10. Jeremy says:

I really liked Justin until this week. In the producer's challenge he seemed kind of agressive and awkward. I was rooting for Team Alton from the beginning, but I've kind of lost faith in them. Martie rambles worse than Tom from season 6. Emily seemed just weird on camera this week. Justin I've already talked about. As far as Team Bobby goes, Michele is OK, Malcolm doesn't seem to have any POV, and said he doesn't think he needs one, and as far as Nikki goes, Food Network already has grilling shows. With Team Giada, Linkie seems fine to me, but not really special, Yvan seems nice, but hasn't done well food-wise for the most part, Ippy seems like a sweet guy and a great chef, and Martita... Well, if they want another Mexican show they should call back Susie from last season. Susie had a unique, heartfelt story while Martita only has the fact that she's Mexican. So yeah, I'm rooting for Ippy right now, no one else seems really special to me. Emily and Justin would if they could be more natural on camera.