Poll: Most Fashionable Finalist

by in Food Network Star, June 7, 2012

Food Network Star isn't usually much of a fashion show — in fact, finalists often sport chef's jackets or aprons over their own attire. But this season, we've got three stylish mentors, two sharp-dressed judges and many finalists with unique fashion POVs. During the Fashion Week episode, the styles of Star were even more evident.

Of the remaining 11 finalists, who's the most fashionable?

Who’s your favorite finalist still in the running? Don’t forget to cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

Caption It: Final Feedback

This Sunday marks the 10th week of competition on Food Network Star, and after nearly three months of tests involving timed cooking, camera engagement...

1. Ionlynoticethefood! says:

Honestly, I haven't really paid much attention to what the contestants are wearing, so I think I will pick Ippy simply because my husband likes Hawaiian shirts and bloggers have commented on Ippy's shirts. Now can we get back to discussing the food?

2. JLF says:

Perhaps the blog administrator is going to block this entry as entries on the previous thread were blocked, but I'll try one more time. I don't care about the fashions of the judges, the coaches or the contestants. If I did I'd watch Project Runway which I don't. I want a FN star to be able to cook well and share their knowledge in an engaging way without gimmicks, and certainly without shouting.

Now if this opinion is considered too offensive by the administarator to post, then this network has more problems than how their contestants look.

3. Jerilee says:

I havent paid much attention either. I watch to see a cooking competition, not a fashion show.

4. Phineus says:

I don't really pay much attention to fashion, and the cooking is the real reason I watch the show. I've never noticed what the contestants are wearing. That said, however, I must admit that I think Martita has a very pretty smile.

• Food Fan says:

I agree. I watch for the cooking.
      A nice smile is always a good thing, but I dont watch for the fashion.
      For me, fashion-wise or looks-wise, its much more about *not* being a turn-OFF. A sweatshirt and tattoos doesnt do it for me. Neither does a voice that sounds like you smoke 2 packs a day.

• Jerilee says:

Oh my Food Fan, don't come to my house in winter!!! I smile but I also wear sweats (top and bottom) because it cold!!! Glad I have that elephant tattoo where only my husband can see it! As for smoking?? Yes I do, but not 2 packs a day, only 1/2 pack. If I were on TV, however, I would be sure my sweats were "presentable". Seriously, I think the net execs would provide appropriate attire for their new star. As for the hair someone mentioned...when I cook mine is always pulled back. Nothing worse than serving a guest food with hair in it, to me it's just gross! I have sent food back at restaurants that had a hair in it.

• Food Fan says:

Sweats are OK. Yer not cooking on TV in them.
          You have every right to smoke if ya want. Im trusting that if you had yer own show you wouldn't *sound* like you smoke 2 packs a day.
          As for the exec's providing attire, nothing wrong with that, its good. I wasnt aware they did...for example, early-on when I saw Michelle in Jeans how she was dressed, i figured it was her own stuff she brought with her. Quite a few posted about it earlier and wouldnt have thought that an exec did it. But I dont know.
          I think most of us are likely more casual at home than we might be on TV in front of an audience of thousands. (That doesnt mean guys should wear a Tux to cook, either (grin). Im not the fashion police. I dont pay that much attention to it and its not a main reason I watch. Not wild about any "street" or tough look. Casual but clean is fine. Melissa dresses nice on TV. (that doesnt mean no one else does, but she's a nice example) IMO.

• Jerilee says:

I think I should clarify: the stars that have their own show, you'll notice in the credits-wardrobe provided by....yes Melissa does dress nicely. I think, not sure, this competition is bring your own clothes (Michele and Justin are examples). I also don't mind casual, but please make it tasteful. I am a product of the 50s. We had a huge protest in high school to allow girls to wear pants and shorts to school!!! One day our class got together and ALL the girsl wore pants...what a hoot we had when the dean of students couldn't sent the entire female student body home for violating the dress code!!!! Times have changed. Casual is more in. I think that's why I like Enily, she reminds me of "the good old days". Enough said.

5. vert2013 says:

This is relevant how???

6. Frank Demeo says:

Anyone picking Emily for most fashionable is a borderline retârd. That "style" is way played out here in the west coast AND in New York. It was cool like 5 years ago when all the thrift store hipsters were doing it.

I don't like Malcolm's chances in the competition but he was the best dressed and the one that looked like he belonged in that setting more than the rest. Followed by Yvan and Martita.

• Mrs. Y says:

It's not necessarily about what's "IN".....it's about being unique and comfortable. Your opinion is also worthless because of the juvenile terminology and name calling you use. Grow up!!

• Kal says:

Maybe you should check out what really is in fashion. Emily is right on track. This is coming from someone in the fashion biz.

7. dontgetit says:

Is Giada 12 years old? Staring down contestants, pulling faces on the sidelines?

I am not sure I like this new format.

And what the heck does fashion have to do with this contest?

Ippy all the way. Maybe it is time for a laid back person for FN. Not everyone is in your face (and getting really old too) like Guy F or Rachael R. Ippy is the real deal.

I think what is going to happen to him is what happened to Kelsey. "You are too up" "You aren't up enough" "You are gone".

I don't get this at all.

• Joyce says:

I can relate to what you have said. I have been disappointed in Giada.....

I don't know that I have a favorite at this point....

8. kathy says:

Martita may be very pretty but she is going to be another giada and show her boobs insted of being down to earth and cook for us. michele is down to earth as is martie. We need another Paula or Guy type cook to watch. Not fancy clothes and skin. Malcom I think could give us some good down home soul food also. kathy

• guest says:

yeah, don't put anyone on with boobs. put only ugly people on food network, that way it makes the food look better. that's why denny's hires ugly waitresses...they make the food actually LOOK good!

• Deanna says:

NO. We don't need another Paula, They're trying that with The Pioneer Woman and Trisha Yearwood. I KNOW how to cook down home. That's where I live. We don't need Martita, because we have Mexican Made Easy. before that we had Ingrid Hoffman. Before that we had some chick named Daisy. Give us something new and exciting! Where is the new "East meets West". No more Down Home shows and NO MORE Hispanic cooking shows!

• Food Fan says:

So...who would you like to see?
        If you already know how to cook down home, then yer ahead of some others.
        Personally, I like the Pioneer Woman's show even better than Paula's.
        One thing I wonder about is: If Giada does all the Italian Cooking, and if we already have a Mexican food show, then why does FN keep having down mexican, and down-home contestants if its all locked up by someone else and they have no chance of winning...or do they?

9. Taffy says:

I like food and fashion. And, this is about "entertainment" (ratings). So really how can they be divided? In the End we will see what gets Voted In!

10. Frank Demeo says:

The best dressed in no particular order were: Yvan, Malcolm, Martita, Linkie, Martie....the most ridiculously dressed were Emily, Justin, Eric & Michele. Michele also wore men's clothing which was odd.