Fashions of Star: Susie’s Shoes

by in Food Network Star, June 6, 2012

Every year, we get to know the signature styles of Star finalists – think Guy’s bowling shirts, Aarti’s flower in her hair and Jeff Mauro’s lucky red headband. But season after season, one fashion detail never fails to catch our eye: Susie Fogelson’s shoes.

Last Sunday's Fashion Week episode was a perfect excuse to ask Susie for a glimpse into her dressing room on the Star set, where we captured some photos of her fabulous footwear and sat down to talk fashion.

In our exclusive video, Susie shares her take on the standout styles of some of this season's finalists and the mentors' signature looks: Giada's glamorous sophistication, Bobby's perfectly tailored suits and Alton's quirky-cool ensembles: "I had no idea Alton was such a style maven!"

As for Susie's own personal style: "I like to have chic, with a little sexy, sophistication," she says. Her collection of high (and higher) heels is enviable; even more impressive, she spends long shoot days effortlessly walking around in them.

“This season, it was a whole new format, and every day I had to think full outfits and full-on shoes,” Susie explains in her rundown of this year’s Star fashions. “I like great pieces. That’s my style.”

Watch our behind-the-scenes video for more from Susie on the fashions of Star.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. FanFare57 says:

How odd to feature Susie's shoes when she is seen sitting at a desk and her footwear is not shown. What is the point of this topic, btw?

2. LISN says:

Does the admins only select comments that are positive to their topics? So it seems...

3. Susu says:

Nah = me no likey Susie's Shoes as a blog. It's a space waster.

4. Jerilee says:

OMG!! Can anyone actually wear those shoes?? They are pretty, but functional? Really?? Can you dance in them? They are good for Susie, but all she does is it there and judge food!!!!

5. Jerilee says:

What was wrong with my comment? I expressed an opinion. As far as I know that is 1st amendment right. I said nothing that was derogatory. This sight is is trying to control the opinions of he people. WRONG!!$

6. Food Fan says:

...Food Fan stands in the doorway.....looks around the room....(grins).
    Stylish shoes, ya got there.
    1st place favorite: the Blue ones. They just look kewl. Nice blend of sophisticated meets groovy (in a nice way).
    2nd favorite: the shiny Black ones. Wear these with a Black dress and go out to some fancy hotel/restaurant with a waterfront view...and yer going out in style.

But I'm just a guy. What do i know?..... :)

7. JLF says:

I tried posting twice on this topic and got a message that the administrator has to approve my entry. And it hasn't been posted either time. What Gives???

• Jerilee says:

I've had the same problem. Don't know know what gives. It seems we are not the only ones.

• FanFare57 says:

It happened to me 4 times on this particular blog. "Something is rotten in Denmark" (& FN).
        It's beyond frustrating...

8. Food Fan says:

Admin. must approve post...hmmmm. other ones go right through off-n-on all day.

9. Barb says:

Love them all but could never walk in them I have to wear teacher shoes

10. getbackontopic! says:

Not sure what this has to do with food or Food Network Star, unless the next challenge is for the chefs to cook while wearing these?