Fashions of Star: Susie’s Shoes

by in Food Network Star, June 6, 2012

Every year, we get to know the signature styles of Star finalists – think Guy’s bowling shirts, Aarti’s flower in her hair and Jeff Mauro’s lucky red headband. But season after season, one fashion detail never fails to catch our eye: Susie Fogelson’s shoes.

Last Sunday's Fashion Week episode was a perfect excuse to ask Susie for a glimpse into her dressing room on the Star set, where we captured some photos of her fabulous footwear and sat down to talk fashion.

In our exclusive video, Susie shares her take on the standout styles of some of this season's finalists and the mentors' signature looks: Giada's glamorous sophistication, Bobby's perfectly tailored suits and Alton's quirky-cool ensembles: "I had no idea Alton was such a style maven!"

As for Susie's own personal style: "I like to have chic, with a little sexy, sophistication," she says. Her collection of high (and higher) heels is enviable; even more impressive, she spends long shoot days effortlessly walking around in them.

“This season, it was a whole new format, and every day I had to think full outfits and full-on shoes,” Susie explains in her rundown of this year’s Star fashions. “I like great pieces. That’s my style.”

Watch our behind-the-scenes video for more from Susie on the fashions of Star.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. JLF says:

This posting highlights what is wrong with this season - image over substance. I don't care a fig about Susie's shoes, Bobby's suits, Giada's glamor, Alton's bow ties, Justin's lipstick, or any of the other issues that people use to choose their favorites ("She's smokin'" or " He's so cute") or conversely to tear down their not favorites ("I don't like her eyebrows"). I'm looking for someone who appears to have good cooking skills and the interesting teaching skills to bring me along for their ride. No gimmicks, no sob stories, and for pete's sake, no shouting.

• A whisper says:

Aarti's After Party: Fashionable Food quote "(the little hats were adorable)"

• JLF says:

Yes I said that - about Emily's food and her interpretation of the cooking assignment. That's different from devoting an entire thread to what Susie wears on her feet.

• debjoe says:

how about we're back to groups, i think the group challenges are easier for the judges, because let's face it all of the groups have some less than stellar chiefs & i thought this was a cooking challenge not a fashion challenge

• Violet says:

Bravo JLF!

2. Nell says:

I have not noticed Susie's shoes but I have noticed how deceiving the Food Network Star previews have been lately. For example, before airing the Dessert Chopping Block, the previews focused on Michele who felt nervous because chef Alex kept watching her. In the actual episode, it was Giada not Alex. This is deceiving. Also, before airing Fashion Week Food Makeover, the previews showed Justin crying "Nooooooo..." about something, and the camera never showed what it was. Very disappointing. I wonder if Bob or Susie are aware of poor quality previews. Whomever is doing the editing may think it's funny, but it is certainly the opposite when people are looking forward to watching honest clips of a favorite show.

3. Rueben says:

Gail Simmons of Top Chef Just Desserts has very nice shoes too!

4. JLF says:

This posting is a perfect example of what is wrong with this season - image over substance. I don't care a fig about Susie's shoes, Alton's bow ties, Giada's glamor, Justin's lipstick or any of the other distractions used to choose favorites ("she's smoking", "he's so cute") or conversely a not so favorite ("I don't like her eyebrows"). What I would like to see is someone with good cooking skills and the right teaching/presentaion skills to bring me along on their ride.

5. Pris says:

Lets talk about her hair!! its beautiful!!!

6. Sandy says:

I gotta remember to look at her feet on the next show! I never noticed her shoes before. I don't do those stiltie types of shoes but hey...if the shoe fits...and it seems to fit her, then more power to her! And if she's comfortable walking in them on long days, that's even more amazing!

And yes Pris, I like Susies hair & styling also.

• Katrinka says:

Why are we talking about her shoes or how she wears her hair? It should be about cooking not about the shallow judge! This network is so out of touch.

7. jessica says:

nice!! love the blue ones! whats yalls favs?

8. Sandy says:

The last pair, silver ones, & the pair with the gold heels are the most beautiful in my opinion! She's gotta feel special wearing those!

9. Athena says:

My feet hurt to look at these. Owww!

10. Susu says: