Fan Post of the Week — Star Commentary

by in Food Network Star, June 6, 2012

Face-palms, inquisitive glances, grimaces and giddy laughs. Food Network’s favorite food-science guru, Alton Brown, is chock-full of facial expressions that seem to communicate exactly what he is feeling, whether it’s confusion, frustration or excitement.

Nowhere is Alton’s individuality more apparent than in his mentoring role on Food Network Star. Because of their position coaching five Star hopefuls, Alton, Bobby and Giada are bound to experience moments of awkwardness, dissatisfaction and pride as they sit on the sidelines and observe their finalists in action week after week. But Alton’s body language reached new levels of awesome last Sunday as he watched his remaining four team members strut their stuff on the culinary catwalk.

Noticing Alton’s changing demeanor between presentations, attentive ­Star viewer Matthew Love @luv-mat Tweeted what is perhaps the ultimate show pitch, earning himself the Fan Post of the Week (pictured above).

Join the #Star conversation on Twitter and Facebook and your comments may be featured in our weekly roundup of Fan Chatter.

Don’t forget to cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day and tune in to this Sunday’s episode at 9pm/8c to see who from #TeamAlton#TeamBobby or #TeamGiada goes home next.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Rosemary says:

Marti should have been the one to go home. How dare she insult the state oa PA. You insult the state you insult the people who reside in that state. I happen to live in PA and was highly insulted when she remarked, "the state of nothing". I wouldn't watch any show she would ever host. I would change the Food Network Channel in a heartbeat if she wins. Not only that but she had several chances because she screwed up so much when everyone else had only one chance. how is that fair? The guy should have stayed. I thought he had a much nicer personality and did much better. She talks toooooo much. It gives me a headache.

• Sharonbru says:

I agree with you completely Rosemary. Marti should have been sent packing, how many times does she need to be told not to ramble on aimlessly? I felt so bad for Emily who had the least amount of time to give her presentation, but then had to prove herself worthy again in the cookoff. I don't believe Marti meant to insult PA, she just isn't familar with all PA has to offer, although I can understand why PA people would be insulted. I immediately thought of all the delicious Pennsylvania Dutch dishes she could have made. Judson was just really finding himself, and could have had a wonderful show about tasty food that is also healthy. I believe the judges made the wrong choice this week.

2. Elke says:

Alton is a pompous A...

3. Vicki says:

This episode is the first one I've seen so I don't know what happened before, but it seemed that Alton carried martie in the challenge. The others had to do it on their own. Martie got to insult pennsylvania and then when she couldn't come up with anything he practically gave her the recipe. Plus she got three or four rehearsals and the others just had to do it. That was SO unfair. That combined with her absolutely unforgivable taking of the other woman's time means she should have been cut and they should have kept the man. Why did Alton give her such special treatment.?

4. Brenda says:

I agree Marti should have gone home. Her incessant talking is awful. Between her talking and Giada's never ending teeth I can barely watch.

5. Anna says:

I think the judges should have sent Martie home for hogging the time during the live show without a cook-off - she did it on purpose and never even apologized. Her whining and crying is designed to cover the fact that she can not cook. I suspect that Alton's facial expressions are prompted by his frustration with her lack of professionalism. He specifically coached her not to eat into the last person's time and she did it anyway. That Southern accent is designed to cover passive aggressive, self-involved behavior and I am not fooled one bit.