Leaders Hold Strong: Your Week 3 Fan Vote Picks Revealed

by in Food Network Star, June 4, 2012

Our week three Fan Vote results are in, and it seems that fans are staying loyal to their favorite finalists. Team Giada’s Martita Jara and Ippy Aiona hold tight to first and second place, with Ippy (18%) closing in on Martita’s (19%) lead this week. In third place, Emily Ellyn scored 13% of your votes, up from 11% last week.

Team Giada is still holding strong — Linkie Marais is just behind Emily with 12% of the vote — but a couple of new Fan Vote contenders from Team Alton and Team Bobby are inching toward the top. Justin Warner is up this week (9%), followed by Michele Ragussis (8%).

Will we see a push from Team Alton and Team Bobby fans next week?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day.

Check out the complete list of Week Three Fan Vote results:

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Tammi says:

Have to agree with the people that don't like the new format. Out with the new, in with the old!!!

2. dot says:

I don't like seeing my once favorite food network stars as judges or mentors as in the NFNWS. I used to love to watch Giada's programs, but now as a mentor, I see a side of her that I am not sure I like. She is bubbly, kind, patient, and interesting on her shows, but as a mentor, I see her as impatient, critical, and boring. She needs to remember back to her first days as a Food Network Star (she really wasn't all that good, but I suppose her good looks got her through) and quit yelling and dictating, and start helping constructively. Bobby Flay Network is what the FNW should be called. And as for Alton Brown, he I have enough of him on Iron Chef. Everything on the Food Network has become a competition of food and MANY are food competitions with individuals competing to win but are placed in teams which are coached by a FOOD NETWORK STAR! YIKES!@!!

3. Kara Kealoha says:

WOOHOO!!! YAY MARTITA AND TEAM GIADA!!!

Keep doing your thing girl! You got this!! Pomaikai!!!

MARTITA FOR NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR!!!

4. Elysa Mac says:

I have never watched this show before til this season but I am really, really loving it. I actually like almost all of the contestants and see a lot of potential. My favorites are Ippy, Emily, Yvan, and Linkie. I personally think that Linkie has something unique to offer. She is a good cook, and not just of desserts, but her passion is making sweet stuff really, really well and really, really pretty. As a mom of 7 who loves to cook and is often called upon to make birthday cakes,etc, I'd love to see a cooking show where someone who knows their stuff teaches someone like me how to make that special cake, pastry, pie, or cookie an make it look like something that, to be honest, I can't afford to pay someone else to do.

As the field narrows, I'm expecting Linkie's sweet and bubbly personality to start shining more and more.

• Hadley Guyer says:

She looks sweet, but I think she lacks the star factor. I agree her desserts looks good but she does not deliver a good presentation that is clearly articulated. She is cute and all that, but I think there are far stronger contenders that offer more. There are shows like what you are describing out there. So to me, she isn't all that unique. Sweet and bubbly doesn't necessarily equal good or star...I think Ippy is most unique. And Emily follows closely behind him. They have charisma, which Linkie unfortunately seriously lacks. I just can't watch someone like that for an hour long show. Sorry. I like her too, just not as the next FN star.

• vert2013 says:

While I agree that Linkie hasn't shown much star power yet, I think she has it in her. She has a skillset that isn't all over the network already. I wouldn't write write her off yet because of her presentation, a lot of past winners or runners up didn't hit their stride until very late in the game.

• Home Cook Michigan says:

Really liked what you said, Linkie & a really good bake/dessert show may just be a GREAT nitch to fill

• Jenn says:

I agree that I would LOVE a show giving me direction on how to make things like birthday cakes and holiday desserts. Linkie is an artist. Have you seen any of her work from her bakery in Boston?? Check it out on facebook! She's AMAZING!!

5. Frank Demeo says:

Martita is definitely one to look out for. And I agree, Ippy is just too laid back for most people. I'm sure he'll get all of Hawaii's support but, come winter time, he'll probably be back over there cooking at his family's restaurant. Which isn't a bad gig so, nothing to complain about. It's more than some people haev in this economy. Plus, he will be right at home there.

As far as Eric goes, he's gone and that's that. He showed that he doesn't do well in front of cameras. And yes...of course that matters since the prize includes a contract for your own show. We can sit here all day talking about his culinary prowess but, it doesn't matter if he can't hack it on tv.

And what's with some of you arguing with Linkie's mom? Bad form. I like Linkie....she has a ways to go and she needs confidence though.

6. Food Fan says:

I dont think Ippy is too laid back.
    Ever listen to how Monotone Justin is? Thats worse.
    Also, from what you said above, hhmmm...do you think all Hawaiana will vote for Ippy and all Mexicans will vote for Martita? etc....etc...I dont know that its that automatic or that simple.
    I happen to be a white male, but I could vote for any of them. If they're good, they're good.

• Frank Demeo says:

Well...I don't like to stereotype but, it would not surprise me one bit if all the Latinos vote for Martita. If anything, because they are promoting her in California (Radio, Newspaper etc). I'm not sure if that's all her doing but, that'll get you some votes. I'd also vote for anyone & I happen to like Martita, Linkie &.....my third choice was Ippy. But only as a third. Yvan was one of my first favorites but, he is all over the place. I still say those 4 may all end up on TV in one way or another even if they don't win. Giada's picking skills have been grossly underestimated.

• Frank Demeo says:

OH and I do agree about Justin coming off monotone. Besides the creativity in the kitchen, I don't get the all the hubub surrounding him.

7. lovetobake says:

I have to really agree with most of the comments here. I would LOVE to watch Ippy or Eric..I am tired of the overly excited, fake smiling hosts of the current shows. Ippy is genuine and true to his culture. I am disgusted by the mean spirit between three team leaders, I saw a side to them that makes me so disappointed.
    I also think its terrible that the food network is missing the whole idea of bringing different cultures to their station. Instead of embracing Ippy they are trying to smash his roots, how horrifying!!!!

8. Frank Demeo says:

Neither Ippy or Eric are ready for TV. Not with those dull personalities. That doesn't mean I dislike them...both were in my original top 5.....but, this is about television. And though you don't need to be "over the top", you need personality. And you need to look camera ready. I'm sorry but neither of those two are....at least at this point. Eric should definitely publish a cook book at the very least. Don't be surprised if he already got offers for other gigs!

9. Hollywood says:

hadley's right. i like linkie but cute only takes you so far. emily's still my girl...

• Frank Demeo says:

Linkie may be a tad quiet and nervous but there are boat loads of Emillys on the west coast and in the midwest that do the "retro" thing. There are like a million websites with girls who obsess over the 50's and bake/cook. On the other hand, you don't see too many ladies from South Africa on the Food Network.

• Guest says:

Wow, Frank Demeo! I have read several of your comments about Giada for one, which I thought was a tad bit piggish, but I have gained new respect for you calling one of the contestants a lady! I love it!

10. Kristen says:

Erics personality didn't bother me. I think he was genuine and even with a quieter personality he was a very good cook. It seems the judges think a fun personality and style are more important than the cooking. I'm not sure I like the team concept either. The old way wasmuch more fair. Too many things are bothering me about the Star show these days. I think I will leave it for others to watch.

• Frank Demeo says:

On camera presence is indeed more important, when the goal is to pick an on-camera personality. Just sayin'.