Leaders Hold Strong: Your Week 3 Fan Vote Picks Revealed

by in Food Network Star, June 4, 2012

Our week three Fan Vote results are in, and it seems that fans are staying loyal to their favorite finalists. Team Giada’s Martita Jara and Ippy Aiona hold tight to first and second place, with Ippy (18%) closing in on Martita’s (19%) lead this week. In third place, Emily Ellyn scored 13% of your votes, up from 11% last week.

Team Giada is still holding strong — Linkie Marais is just behind Emily with 12% of the vote — but a couple of new Fan Vote contenders from Team Alton and Team Bobby are inching toward the top. Justin Warner is up this week (9%), followed by Michele Ragussis (8%).

Will we see a push from Team Alton and Team Bobby fans next week?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day.

Check out the complete list of Week Three Fan Vote results:

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. michele says:

I'm so happy to read that IPPY supporters are writing in !!!! His genuine manner and cooking chops are going to take him TO THE TOP !!!!

• Frank Demeo says:

His laid back hawaiian approach will eventually be his downfall. Cool kid but, he won't get far because of who he is.

2. Jane says:

Hugely disappointed in the decision to send Eric home. He seemed to be the best chef in the competition. I'm tired of watching Food Network shows with hosts who have personality but who can't cook. It is not inspiring nor creative. There are few shows left on Food Network that seem to have a host who is truly a culinary expert. Selecting Eric and Ippy for the bottom two last night only seems to confirm that the network isn't focused on culinary talent but communications talent instead. It is becoming hard to watch.

3. Fran says:

Not sure I like the new format and I'm a HUGE fan of this show...I'm much rather watch Bobby Flay on the judges' panel, than sitting in the pitch room begging for the life of his team member. I agree with many others that Eric and Ippy should not have been in the bottom two this week, but because the other team won and all their members were automaticlly saved, it forced the hands of the judges to name the bottom one (each) from the two remaining teams....it seems unfair that a lesser cook can move on, riding on the coattails of his team members while more talented contestants are sent home.....BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT FROM PREVIOUS SEASONS!!!....it seemed much more equitable and definitely much more fun to watch!

4. Rueben says:

I am splitting my votes between Justin and Emily.

• Kid Croat says:

So am I, Reuben. I think they should tie and host a show together. Please see my post above.

• Linda Grubich says:

I totally agree with you....I like Justin and Emily the best. Not fond of the team format. It's what did Eric in, and he should not have been eliminated this week!

5. kak says:

Not really crazy about the new format. So far the challenges have not really showcased the chefs cooking styles. . . have made them cook weird stuff that they would never do on a regular cooking show. Also don't care for the sniping that takes place every week between Bobby & Giada. Actually, my impressions of all three - Bobby, Giada and Alton - have changed since watching this show. They don't seem like the likable people they appear to be on their own shows. The show seems stilted and somehow mean. . . not much fun. Don't think I will stick around much longer.

• dot says:

That is exactly what I am seeing. And tell me, when was the last time Giada, Bobby, or Alton had to cook a meal for 100 people with $250 and three hours? Give me a break. I KNOW I am finished.

6. Bloom says:

I'm disappointed in Michelle. I just loved her on the first episode, and I'd love to see more of that attitude and fire. She just seems to be floating through right now.

7. krens2000 says:

Please bring Eric back. He is the only contestant that I would be interested in watching on Food Network. I would love to see him teach us how to make ricotta cheese, pasta and other things from basic ingredients. We were so disappointed to see him eliminated. I can't see myself being interested in any of the remaining contestants on their own show. Eric was a talented chef and would have learned camera presence given more time. I watch the network for cooking ideas not personalities. From the comments on this site I can see I am not alone in wanting to see more of Eric.

• Frank Demeo says:

It looks like he knows how to cook...but the best chefs don't make for the best TV personalities. You can't twll me it wasn't painful to watch his presentations on camera comments. He gets nervous, pauses a lot....not his thing. He should definitely write a book or monetize on his appearance on the show somehow though.

8. KeishaD says:

IPPY, IPPY, IPPY! YOU ARE MY STAR. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Alvin says:

I have always loved Giada, but after this show, I wanna barf all over her. What a cow!

• Frank Demeo says:

Cow, Alvin...I strongly suspect you do not like girls. Giada is hotness incarnate. I'd hit it.

• Chef Chris says:

Giada's a no talent tramp. Got her job via Bob The Wuss - opened her blouse and he hired her. She's not a cook, not a chef, not anything at all. Simple syrup is not cooking. Boiling water for pasta is not cooking. Slicing bread and putting it in the oven is not cooking. C'mon, people..... a blind person could do better. Get rid of this imposter.

• Vinny says:

So the fact she studied/cooked in France means nothing, right? Her experience with Wolfgang Puck at Stago, is void, right? And the fact she's attractive makes her a tramp? Yeah, I'm betting you are a jealous troll. Probably a sausage that hates pretty girls because they are pretty. Grow up. She owns your face!!!

• Vinny says:

I meant: "Probably a sausage smóker that hates pretty girls because they are pretty."

Sorry for the typo, troll.

10. Tammi says:

Two words. GO MARTITA!!!!!!