Caption It: Challenge Unveiled

by in Food Network Star, June 1, 2012

Last week, the finalists faced Chopped baskets filled with wacky ingredients like grape soda and black lava salt. What awaits under silver domes in this Sunday's Fashion Week challenge? Here, Malcolm gets his first glimpse of what could be in store. Is this Team Bobby contender bummed out or pleasantly surprised by what he sees?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this challenge-revealing moment in the comments below.

Caption It: Final Feedback

This Sunday marks the 10th week of competition on Food Network Star, and after nearly three months of tests involving timed cooking, camera engagement...

1. Tammi says:

What shirt? and where are people finding out the ingredients for tomorrow's challenge?

2. Rollo Tomasi says:

Oh no.......Fish heads, chocolate sauce, Kim Chee and Red Potatoes. What the hell are they trying to do to us?

3. Melody says:

Mmmmm so we meet again

4. Cheryl <> says:

Well,well,well...Frog legs.

5. Todd says:

I get green persimmons.

6. Repolady says:

I like all 3 hosts, but I wouldn't watch any of the remaining contestants show. Can't they just say they don't have a winner? There are several "next food network starts" that I don't watch. I think the only one I do watch is Jeff Morrow as the "sandwich king". And I am so SICK of seeing Guy Fiery!

• JLF says:

You're giving up a little early aren't you. There's still a lot of cooking to go, and you may still be pleasantly surprised by someone. Think positive!

• FanFare57 says:

Isn't it too soon to say that? In S-1, Guy wasn't all that until much further along in the contest.

7. Cyndi says:

This thing with Alton. I could not believe he told his chief to shut up. When a judge ask a question the chief feels she should answer it. I think Alton should have told the judges not to ask question and leave the chief alone. I think Alton should apologize to the chief. Sorry I can'r remember her name. Any way.
    iam sure this made things worst for her. The chiefs are alredy under stress without this happening. I think 'so far this has been a very interesting season. It has drama, surprises and comic. What more
    can we ask for. I was laughing so hard at Jostin I couldn't laugh any more. BUT, he knew what he was doing. All the judges like his dish. YEA FOR JOSTIN !!! I hope I spelled his name right. Looking forward
    to the next show..

• Miss Prissy says:

er, chef not chief.

• tich tran says:

It depend. If you are french chef basically is chief(as in CHEF DE PROJECT). Although these days EVEN IN FRANCE CHEF CAN BE ASSOCIATED WITH CUISINIER(ie cook). There are chef de cuisine, sous chef(de cuisine), and chef de partie(also known as line cook).. And TRADITIONALLY a pastry chef was a CHEF(DE PARTIE) PASTISSIER).

• Rollo Tomasi says:

Alton shouldn't have to apologize. She wasn't working when she was talking. It's just like any job. If you want to talk, fine, just be sure you're working while talking.

8. NelleGCSUB says:

Okay so now they are making me wear this shirt AND having to create something with this mess of a basket!? This is going to be a rough 30 minutes...

9. Brenda says:

At least they PRESENTED this well...but what the heck am I going to DO with it?

10. Shiela says:

No surprise that they dumped Eric. Clearly they want to keep Ippy. He is not someone I would ever watch though. Giada's team is best. Bobby has the worst team.